Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border (510 Views)

Nato Masses 30k Troops & 50 Warships For Huge War Games Near Russia's Border / NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships For Huge War Games On Russia’s Border / Russia Set To Invade Ukraine At 1AM With Massive Missile Blitz & 200,000 Troops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:31am On Mar 15, 2022
The drill, named Cold Response, has kicked off
today in Norway amid escalating tensions between
Russia and the West over the invasion of Ukraine.

The exercise includes 30,000 troops from more than 25 countries from Europe and North America, 200 aircraft, and 50 vessels.

The largest Nato exercise which is held just a few miles from the Russian border was planned long before Moscow's invasion of Ukraine but its significance has now been heightened.

"This exercise is extremely important for the security of Norway and its allies. We will practice an allied reinforcement of Norway", Norwegian Defence Minister Odd Roger Enoksen.

"It is not being held because of the Russian authorities' attack on Ukraine, but given the backdrop there is a heightened significance."
The aim of the drill is to test how Norway and Alliance members would work together on land, in the air, and at sea in line with Article 5 of NATO's charter, which requires member states to come to the aid of another member state under attack.

"I find it totally normal, perhaps now more than ever, to train together to demonstrate our capacity and our willingness to defend our values and our way of life", stated General Yngve Odlo, head of Norway's Joint Headquarters and in charge of Cold Response.

The Norwegian armed forces said it provided thorough information to the Russians, including the Russian Ministry of Defense, saying that was vital for preventing misunderstandings and unnecessary conflict.

Russia has declined to observe the exercise, which is held every two years and is due to end on April 1.
More and source THE SUN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Vanilla4(f): 8:39am On Mar 15, 2022
What an exercise.
Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by TONYE001(m): 8:40am On Mar 15, 2022
Wish a world without wars, bitter politics, hatred, deceit, and greed were possible.

3 Likes

Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:45am On Mar 15, 2022
TONYE001:
Wish a world without wars, bitter politics, hatred, deceit, and greed were possible.

What they are looking for they will soon see it.
Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by orisa37: 8:59am On Mar 15, 2022
GOOD. MOW ARE NOW FULLY INVOLVED TO TEACH PUTIN A LESSON.
Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2022
orisa37:
GOOD. MOW ARE NOW FULLY INVOLVED TO TEACH PUTIN A LESSON.
Russia may not be tough with foot soldiers and tanks, you see nuke! This is one thing that should be avoided, nuke doesn't care about strength it's damage, damage and more damage.

Still, I think Russia will avoid the borders and any harm/attacks on NATO states to prevent article 5.
Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Kelvin3476: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
TONYE001:

Eve why ?
Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Kelvin3476: 8:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Stephenmoka4:
Russia may not be tough with foot soldiers and tanks, you see nuke! This is one thing that should be avoided, nuke doesn't care about strength it's damage, damage and more damage.

Still, I think Russia will avoid the borders and any harm/attacks on NATO states to prevent article 5.
I now think Russian nukes are overhyped like their military
Re: NATO Masses 30,000 Troops & 50 Warships On Russia’s Border by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kelvin3476:

I now think Russian nukes are overhyped like their military
I don't think so... NATO is still considerate about the masses. A man kill a snake but was bitten during the attack, he later died due to the venom. The man lose cuz he's worth more than snakes.

Also don't forget chemical weapons, this one is another dangerous weapon. If Russia go all in because NATO wants to go all in, it would not end well.

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Bans Spending In Foreign Currencies, Makes Cedi Sole Legal Tender / They Don't Believe I Am Japanese: Being Mixed Race In Japan.(youtube Channel) / NATO Is Cocking Its Fist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.