Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,584 members, 7,840,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts (1992 Views)

Dasukigate: Probe Panel Summons 241 Firms Over Arms Scandal – FULL LIST HERE / Dasuki Lied, Shunned Arms Probe Panel’s Invitation –presidency / EFCC Sets Up Four-man Panel On Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by HighChief4(m): 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2011
•Says new revenue allocation overdue

Senator Abiola Ajimobi, the Oyo State Governor yesterday made good his earlier threat to probe the four year administration of his predecessor, Adebayo Alao-Akala with the setting up of an eight-member contract review committee to investigate all the contracts awarded and implemented during the latter’s tenure.

While inaugurating the committee at the Executive Chambers of the governor’s office, the state Deputy Governor, Chief Moses Alake-Adeyemo, who represented the governor said the probe was in tandem with the government’s determination to encourage due process and transparency in the conduct of its business.

He pointed out that the committee was empowered to ascertain among others things, the level of commitment of the past administration to various contractors across the state, while adding that the committee was not targeted at any person or group, or to witch-hunt any government official either serving or retired.

Alake further disclosed that the committee, headed by Mr. Oluremi Osiberu had eight weeks to submit its report and had as its terms of reference to identify all outstanding contracts to examine the extent of compliance with due process, while awarding the contracts and to establish or verify the extent of completion of each contract.
Meanwhile, Ajimobi has joined his counterpart in other states to press for increase revenue allocation from the Federal Government.

Speaking with aviation correspondent on Wednesday, Governor Ajimobi said the need for revenue allocation formula was long overdue. According to him, the N18,000 new minimum wage of workers would be hard to sustain if the status quo remained. He added that states that wanted to embark on massive developmental projects would be in trouble if they continually paid the new wage and yet no increase in revenue from the Federal Government.

He, however, explained that Oyo State was working hard to increase its internally generated revenue.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 01, 2011
so?
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Hardeyorlah(f): 6:33am On Jul 01, 2011
I cant blif Ajimobi 4 anything,atleast he promised lautech nd polyib student dat he is goin 2 help dem out wit dere fees.na promise we hear,action we neva see.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Dotman01(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

I cant blif Ajimobi 4 anything,atleast he promised lautech nd polyib student dat he is goin 2 help dem out wit dere fees.na promise we hear,action we neva see.
Hardeyorlah:

. . . He just spent a month na!, considering the fact that he met a lot of problems to face on ground. . . Give d guy some time, i blv he's goin to do a gud job.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2011
Hardeyorlah:

Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by DaDoctor: 10:04am On Jul 01, 2011
^^^joblessness^^^

let him go and get busy and petition the gee then EFCC would swing into action, is he daft?
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by anointedf(m): 11:37am On Jul 01, 2011
Lets keep our fingers cross till the end of the sixth month b4 we can do any appraisal.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by moshmusth(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2011
The no 1 problem with governt in africa is that the in coming or serving administration critize the out going adminstration instead of the 2 to work together and start from where he left, Do more and talk ess the whole of Oyo state are desperate to see how youe admin will do in your tenure.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by SPIDER90: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2011
End of the beginning grin
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by omo9ja1(m): 11:59am On Jul 01, 2011
well only time will tell smiley
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Gbenge77(m): 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2011
Let the cleansing begin.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Gbawe: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2011
mosh_musth:

T[b]he no 1 problem with governt in africa is that the in coming or serving administration critize the out going adminstration instead of the 2 to work together and start from where he left, [/b] Do more and talk ess the whole of Oyo state are desperate to see how youe admin will do in your tenure.

Haba !!! Why do you talk like this ? We must all try and be productive citizens awake to our civic duty and responsibility of educating ourselves so that we are balanced critics of our leaders. Did you not see how Alao Akala was deliberately setting 'traps' for the incoming Ajimobi Government?

Did you miss how , with an already high debt profile, OGD tried to float a 100 billion Naira bond which would more or less have rendered the incoming Amosun Government "dead on arrival"?

How is it possible , or even sensible, to partner with deliberate saboteurs and "ako ti ile ta" as you are suggesting? In other Countries OGD and Alao Akala will be heading for jail if not the execution chamber !!!! Many of you keep saying "do more talk less" in a clear signal that you do not wish to be the type of informed citizens , working with facts, that are able to hold leaders to account intelligently.

These guys are trying to show the huge challenges they have met on the ground engendered by brazen corruption, gross mismanagement and fraud from previous administration. Yet , Nigerians don't want to know . You keep telling them to shut up and just perform miracles !!! You just want to see "action" [b]while caring very little about fiscal limitations, budgetary constraints, deliberate sabotage, unpatriotic conduct and economic drawbacks. [/b]This disinterest in details is what is responsible for our leaders taking devastating advantages of our 'functional illiteracy'. Na wa OOO !!! I even wonder why we bothered to agitate for the passage of the FOI bill because , from the way many write, it seems we are unlikely to care for information that reveal what our leaders are doing.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Anvaller: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2011
Gbawe:

Haba !!! Why do you talk like this ? We must all try and be productive citizens awake to our civic duty and responsibility of educating ourselves so that we are balanced critics of our leaders. Did you not see how Alao Akala was deliberately setting 'traps' for the incoming Ajimobi Government?

Did you miss how , with an already high debt profile, OGD tried to float a 100 billion Naira bond which would more or less have rendered the incoming Amosun Government "dead on arrival"?

How is it possible , or even sensible, to partner with deliberate saboteurs and "ako ti ile ta" as you are suggesting? In other Countries OGD and Alao Akala will be heading for jail if not the execution chamber !!!! Many of you keep saying "do more talk less" in a clear signal that you do not wish to be the type of informed citizens , working with facts, that are able to hold leaders to account intelligently.

These guys are trying to show the huge challenges they have met on the ground engendered by brazen corruption, gross mismanagement and fraud from previous administration. Yet , Nigerians don't want to know . You keep telling them to shut up and just perform miracles !!! You just want to see "action" [b]while caring very little about fiscal limitations, budgetary constraints, deliberate sabotage, unpatriotic conduct and economic drawbacks. [/b]This disinterest in details is what is responsible for our leaders taking devastating advantages of our 'functional illiteracy'. Na wa OOO !!! I even wonder why we bothered to agitate for the passage of the FOI bill because , from the way many write, it seems we are unlikely to care for information that reveal what our leaders are doing.

Hee man, Do you have sympathy for one because the other is setting trap? Free yourself and see things from the other angle. Now let me ask you, would you tell me that if Ajimobi lost a batlle for 2nd term against an opposition he hates so much, most especially if such opposition as done a good job bombarding the media about his weaknesses all the time. In that case would he also not set trap? Ladoja did it to Akala and Akala to Ajimobi. Politicians fight with whatever they have.

Hee but I thought ACN said that they have those evidences before they took over in that state, in fact thy capitalised on that to carry the masses along. How come they would need 6 good month to now look for what they would use to nail him, I can remember these guys claimed that they have all the evidences, they were just waiting for him to be stripped of immunity after when he would hav lost and get him arrested.

Hehehehehe Politiciaaaans, Dude! are you taking them very seriously? I advise you to follow politics with less passion, then you would see more clearly.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by darknouiui: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2011
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by tony451: 9:41pm On Jul 01, 2011
Anvaller:

Hee man, Do you have sympathy for one because the other is setting trap? Free yourself and see things from the other angle. Now let me ask you, would you tell me that if Ajimobi lost a batlle for 2nd term against an opposition he hates so much, most especially if such opposition as done a good job bombarding the media about his weaknesses all the time. In that case would he also not set trap? Ladoja did it to Akala and Akala to Ajimobi. Politicians fight with whatever they have.

Hee but I thought ACN said that they have those evidences before they took over in that state, in fact thy capitalised on that to carry the masses along. How come they would need 6 good month to now look for what they would use to nail him, I can remember these guys claimed that they have all the evidences, they were just waiting for him to be stripped of immunity after when he would hav lost and get him arrested.

Hehehehehe Politiciaaaans, Dude! are you taking them very seriously? I advise you to follow politics with less passion, then you would see more clearly.

To be clear are you saying that what Akala did is justifiable simply because thats what any politician would do? If thats the case then you must be out of your mind. There is no justification for a sitting governor to attempt to ruin his state simply because he lost out in an election. Oyo state does not belong to any one person, least of all to inbred scoundrels and thugs like Akala.

On the other hand I do not understand your criticism. The man (Ajimobi) has barely spent a month in office and its obvious that the first thing anybody would do on taking up a new position in any office, comapany, organisation or government is assess the actual situation on ground. This is especially crucial in political offices because you never know the true extent of affairs until you are actually sitting in the office. I was in the US when Obama was campaining for CHANGE. He made many promises and so did McCain but this was based on information that was publicly available. Obama got in and the first thing he did was to order status reports from all major government agencies that would make him able to formulate actual policies. Governing is not by magic and stock-taking is important. its not like he's GEJ that has actually been in power as VP, continued as President for over a year before HANDING OVER TO HIMSELF and still does not have any solid policies or plans to take the country forward. At this stage GEJ should have intimate knowledge of both the problems of and the answers to Nigeria's situation yet he is dragging his feet while the country falls apart.

SMH
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Gbenge77(m): 10:59pm On Jul 01, 2011
Smart move by Ajimobi.Lets see what Akala was up to while in government.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Jaideyone(m): 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
tony stop wasting ur time trying to educate him.
Good move by ajimobi.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by member479760: 9:09am On Jul 03, 2011
all na talk talk, nothing go happen!
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by Anvaller: 10:06am On Jul 03, 2011
tony_450:

To be clear are you saying that what Akala did is justifiable simply because thats what any politician would do? If thats the case then you must be out of your mind. There is no justification for a sitting governor to attempt to ruin his state simply because he lost out in an election. Oyo state does not belong to any one person, least of all to inbred scoundrels and thugs like Akala.

On the other hand I do not understand your criticism. The man (Ajimobi) has barely spent a month in office and its obvious that the first thing anybody would do on taking up a new position in any office, comapany, organisation or government is assess the actual situation on ground. This is especially crucial in political offices because you never know the true extent of affairs until you are actually sitting in the office. I was in the US when Obama was campaining for CHANGE. He made many promises and so did McCain but this was based on information that was publicly available. Obama got in and the first thing he did was to order status reports from all major government agencies that would make him able to formulate actual policies. Governing is not by magic and stock-taking is important. its not like he's GEJ that has actually been in power as VP, continued as President for over a year before HANDING OVER TO HIMSELF and still does not have any solid policies or plans to take the country forward. At this stage GEJ should have intimate knowledge of  both the problems of and the answers to Nigeria's situation yet he is dragging his feet while the country falls apart.

SMH

This is the problem I have when you argue with typical Nigerians, they just give a blanket conclusion to any issue. How did my comment defend Akala's action?. Oh u expect to hear me say thumbs up Ajimobi because that is what u'd like to hear me say? I dont follow multitude, I think independently. We have to change th way we think. Let me ask you, do you want to tell me that Ajimobi did not know that Akala would play politics of checkmate when he (Ajimobi ) won. He knew of course but yet he promised that he would handle any situation because he is the one capable. Fine,  nothing wrong in that. Where I have problem is when you start bombarding the media crying all day that Akala have done this and that just like he is catching you unaware. This is not the trait of a man that is capable,  I am very afraid.

The strategy is that he is building a foundation upon which he can capitalize his excuses for non performance or underperformance. Most especially if you people are falling for all these things now, of course you can easily forgive him for underperforming and blame it on Akala. Since he has taken his time to explain how akala's checkmate did not allow him to perform. Politicians are smarter than you, you have to be careful, they see what you dont see because you dont operate within the system. They plan ahead and manage, manipulate and filter what they tell the masses. I am talking out of experience. There is much more to what you read on the paper.

It is not enough to just vote people in, you have to watch them very closely.
Re: Ajimobi Inaugurates Probe Panel On Alao-akala’s Contracts by tony451: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
Anvaller:

This is the problem I have when you argue with typical Nigerians, they just give a blanket conclusion to any issue. How did my comment defend Akala's action?. Oh u expect to hear me say thumbs up Ajimobi because that is what u'd like to hear me say? I dont follow multitude, I think independently. We have to change th way we think. Let me ask you, do you want to tell me that Ajimobi did not know that Akala would play politics of checkmate when he (Ajimobi ) won. He knew of course but yet he promised that he would handle any situation because he is the one capable. Fine, nothing wrong in that. Where I have problem is when you start bombarding the media crying all day that Akala have done this and that just like he is catching you unaware. This is not the trait of a man that is capable, I am very afraid.

The strategy is that he is building a foundation upon which he can capitalize his excuses for non performance or underperformance. Most especially if you people are falling for all these things now, of course you can easily forgive him for underperforming and blame it on Akala. Since he has taken his time to explain how akala's checkmate did not allow him to perform. Politicians are smarter than you, you have to be careful, they see what you dont see because you dont operate within the system. They plan ahead and manage, manipulate and filter what they tell the masses. I am talking out of experience. There is much more to what you read on the paper.

It is not enough to just vote people in, you have to watch them very closely.

Typical nigerians? Please don't make me laugh. This is what you said:

"Now let me ask you, would you tell me that if Ajimobi lost a batlle for 2nd term against an opposition he hates so much, most especially if such opposition as done a good job bombarding the media about his weaknesses all the time. In that case would he also not set trap? Ladoja did it to Akala and Akala to Ajimobi. Politicians fight with whatever they have"

Now that my friend, is making excuses for blatantly inexcusable behaviour.

On the topic of Ajimobi making excuses for future failure, that is highly presumptive on your part. You are assuming that he is going to fail without any evidence to back it up. You also assume (quite erroneously) that I will defend him in the event of such failure. All I'm saying is that you should give the new man in charge the opportunity to take stock, formulate policy based on the actual situation on the ground and then implement them. One month into office is definitely not enough time to make judgements or the kind of criticism you are embarking on. What you are doing is not constructive criticism. What you are doing is about finding fault for the sake of looking like your engaged or different.

(1) (Reply)

166 Indigenous Firms To Invest N1.5tn In Economy / Bomb In St Theresa Catholic Church Abuja On Christmas Day: Aljazera / Yorubas Were Conquered By Hausas And Binis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.