Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Advise Please! Stay And Study For Phd In Nigeria or go abroad for better pasture - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advise Please! Stay And Study For Phd In Nigeria or go abroad for better pasture (187 Views)

I Quit My Lagos Hotel Manager Job, Relocated To Abuja For Green Pasture -Emenalo / Choosing To Stay And Lobby For A Federal Job Or Travel Abroad For Studies / Dr. Wendy Okolo, First Black Woman To Bag A Phd In Aerospace Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise Please! Stay And Study For Phd In Nigeria or go abroad for better pasture by Victorious1000: 6:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hello good people! I'll go straight to the point so as not make this a tedious epistle for those who could have genuine advise to share,

I'm apparently in a state of dilenma simply because I'm torn between going abroad for prospects of having a better life or staying in Nigeria for a PhD program, this is so because I have a passion for Education, 'lecturing' to be precise and my family have been the supporting pillar for this dream right from the onset, I've successfully completed my M.Sc progamme and my dad is urging me to waste no time at all and pick up a PhD form in Nigeria despite all the challenges that come with that idea, with the age long ASUU /FG stand off been a major worry also ,meanwhile I've been hatching plans to really just leave this country and go abroad, if nothing else but for the prospect of having what would hopefully be a better environment and proper education system for my career and future but my big worry here is that my Dad is insisting on me doing it in Nigeria because it saves cost and time to process visa and whatnot, but I'm of the opinion the inevitable delay in Nigeria's Education system is no better in comparison to the time I would spend in travelling out

I'm struggling here really, don't know if I should demand for the money he's willing to contribute for my PhD in Nigeria to add up to my savings and ramp up plans to travel out or just follow his advise, don't just want to make a mistake here

please and please I could do with some sincere advise and opinions on this issue,

would appreciate a first page appearance also for a wider audience and better wealth of opinions, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Choosing A Career In Tech / The Designers Making $10,000 Per Project / Career! Career!! Career!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.