Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico (30892 Views)

Rihanna Spotted Celebrating Juventus Goal Against Atletico At The Stadium / Tottenham Striker, Harry Kane Headbutts Chelsea's Cesar Azpilicueta (Photos) / Meet Usman Mohammed That Scored A Sensational Goal Against Atletico Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by obembet(f): 10:12am On Mar 16, 2022
Footage has emerged appearing to show Harry Maguire comically headbutting Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United's defeat by Atletico Madrid.

The duo endured nights to forget as United's last chance of claiming silverware vanished with a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford and 2-1 aggregate loss against the Spanish champions.

Maguire struggled yet again with another poor defensive performance and was ironically cheered off by some of the home fans when he was replaced by Juan Mata with five minutes remaining.
ut his most comical moment came when he appeared to accidentally headbutt his own team-mate with United looking to score from a set piece in the 66th minute.

Maguire - a threat from set pieces - tried to hold off a couple of Atletico Madrid players in order to create room for either himself or his Portuguese team-mate Ronaldo to try and test goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

But the England defender only succeeded in leaving the 37-year-old in some pain, moving his head back and headbutting him and leaving him holding his teeth in pain.

However, the comedic element of that passage of play then looked to go to a new level when Maguire appeared to hit himself in the face with Atletico defender Reinildo Mandava's hand.
Ronaldo did try to use his aerial prowess to head the ball very shortly after suffering that blow to the face, but was then again seen holding his mouth in some discomfort with the ball out of play.

Fans on social media also poked fun of Maguire for the bizarre incident in a matter of seconds, with one posting: 'The headbutt is great but the fact Maguire slaps himself is even better.'

Another meanwhile added: 'Best thing Maguire did all night was headbutt Ronaldo...lol.'

Other United fans however believed in prevented their side from equalising following Renan Lodi's first-half header, commenting: 'Probably could have scored from that free kick if Maguire didn't headbutt Ronaldo in the head.'

Other United fans believed it was typical of their topsy-turvy season, with another adding: 'That moment where Maguire headbutt him accidentally and delayed his run and stopped him from heading in at the back post just sums us up.'

However, others could only see the funny side, with one stating: 'Only Maguire would headbutt Ronaldo before he went for a header. The bloopers from this season gonna be our greatest ever.'

However fans viewed it, it was another night on which Maguire and United failed to inspire as their final chance of ending their trophy drought going back to 2017 slipped through their grasp.

And ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher believes time is ticking for Maguire to keep his place at Old Trafford.

'The Manchester United captain who cost £80million was taken off in the game,' Carragher told CBS Sports.

'He is going through the worst moment in his career right now. We all have that moment, I can picture it now when I was playing.

'It felt like no matter what I did in a game, how well I prepared for it, how well I played in it. The one thing I did wrong and the ball ended up in the back of my net. And I always remember when that was and that period of my career.

'This is something that Harry Maguire is going through right now and he has to get out of it very quickly otherwise he won't be at the club because the standards at Manchester United are so high.

Of course he wants to [get out of it] but his head will be all over the place, he is getting criticism left, right and centre.

'He'll be criticised again – I think the crowd actually cheered when he went off. Which isn't a nice thing for anyone.

'I've always been a fan of Harry Maguire. He gets criticised because he cost £80m. Virgil van Dijk cost £75m and is the best defender in the world.

'Harry Maguire is not that but he doesn't set the price. He had a great summer with England at the Euros but this season has been a disaster and he almost just needs to get to the end of the season and just forget about football and get away.

'He's having a really tough time. And every decision he makes, he's probably overthinking it.'

Source: https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1503850197406916612?t=Mu0QuvZMR3DmZxj1V5yOZA&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Zonefree(m): 10:13am On Mar 16, 2022
Maguire was playing for ATM...you expected him to allow Ronaldo score that goal?

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by rickpat(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2022
Maguire case don tire person....he should try makosa dancing e be like comedy no too dey pay am.

seriously God just chose to bless Harry boy.. cus this guy has never been a 20m player talk more of 75m...GOD IS GOOD

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by obembet(f): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2022
rickpat:
Maguire case don tire person....he should try makosa dancing e be like comedy no too dey pay am.

seriously God just chose to bless Harry boy.. cus this guy has never been a 20m player talk more of 75m...GOD IS GOOD

Sometimes few mistakes can ruin everything, Ronaldo was delayed by Maguire headbutts which delayed Ronaldo from reaching the ball. Not blaming anyone, but they were just unlucky They didn’t create one chance for Ronaldo to shot, he has to play deep instead

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by rickpat(m): 10:25am On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:

Sometimes few mistakes can ruin everything, Ronaldo was delayed by Maguire headbutts which delayed Ronaldo from reaching the ball. Not blaming anyone, but they were just unlucky They didn’t create one chance for Ronaldo to shot, he has to play deep instead
really unfortunate. Ronaldo is during alot for a 37year old...at this age..it should be him just relaxing around the 18yard box for supplies to score...just like zlatan in AC milan

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by paulolee(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2022
lolz...i saw dt clash n cnt stop laughing, I was shocked seeing cr7 playing an advance role instead his usual top9 dt he spend more time standing n waiting in d box..
d cr7 i saw yesterday was interesting, coming outside to build play just like messi role I PSG n dts why he didn't av any shot on target all tru
if he plays this same role in all games, he would influence more of united game play bt score fewer goals..
maybe united fans would stop saying dt he is useless wen united losses or wen he doesn't score..

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by paulolee(m): 11:03am On Mar 16, 2022
rickpat:
really unfortunate. Ronaldo is during alot for a 37year old...at this age..it should be him just relaxing around the 18yard box for supplies to score...just like zlatan in AC milan
lolz...bt funninly enough, this new role suits him perfectly because he would get involved in play n be more influential without scoring n wen united is playing badly...
a cr7 standing in d box would make him useless n look like a problem wen united are on their bad day gainst a better team..
I see him playing more of this advance role than standing in d box..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by gaby(m): 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
Headward Maguire...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by suent: 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
nothing that one sabi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by solochris(m): 1:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
Una no go rest until una destroy the guy career

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by CTee1: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
Ok
Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by WiszyFraud: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
They said even if Arsenal finishes 4th in the EPL, they will not have the opportunity of playing in the champion’s League next season if Man utd won the UCL grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Indispensable85(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
Maguire.... hahahaha
I can't play maguire in my team. He's a great waste of money.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by NobleSeed(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
grin grin

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by BigDawsNet: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
grin

Champions league quarters final draw

Chelsea vs Bayern Munich

Like for So shall it be

Share for I rebuke it

27 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Pele10: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
In my opinion maguire is to worst defender in the EPL. and his £80m transfer biggest fraud in morden football,because hes not worth a quater of that amount.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Justinlean02(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2022
Bought just to brag about the most expensive defender record from VVD. English branding and journalism are the worst

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by sylve11: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
That na him business

Yeye somebody . angry cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by sexydebo(m): 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
Free hushpuppi take maguire

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Phock2sweet: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2022
na lie. ..we need more topics about penaldo the ghost.... no shot against atletico.

fake goat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by KangaIye: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
The best Manchester United Player...... Harry Maguire grin
Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by chukwuibuipob: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
sad Je need eyes transplant sad.So Rolando head suddenly turned to ball for his eyes sad
Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Obynopositive: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
This maggi dude is the most useless defender of all time........... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by zolajpower: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
obembet:
Footage has emerged appearing to show Harry Maguire comically headbutting Cristiano Ronaldo in Manchester United's defeat by Atletico Madrid.

The duo endured nights to forget as United's last chance of claiming silverware vanished with a 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford and 2-1 aggregate loss against the Spanish champions.

Maguire struggled yet again with another poor defensive performance and was ironically cheered off by some of the home fans when he was replaced by Juan Mata with five minutes remaining.
ut his most comical moment came when he appeared to accidentally headbutt his own team-mate with United looking to score from a set piece in the 66th minute.

Maguire - a threat from set pieces - tried to hold off a couple of Atletico Madrid players in order to create room for either himself or his Portuguese team-mate Ronaldo to try and test goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

But the England defender only succeeded in leaving the 37-year-old in some pain, moving his head back and headbutting him and leaving him holding his teeth in pain.

However, the comedic element of that passage of play then looked to go to a new level when Maguire appeared to hit himself in the face with Atletico defender Reinildo Mandava's hand.
Ronaldo did try to use his aerial prowess to head the ball very shortly after suffering that blow to the face, but was then again seen holding his mouth in some discomfort with the ball out of play.

Fans on social media also poked fun of Maguire for the bizarre incident in a matter of seconds, with one posting: 'The headbutt is great but the fact Maguire slaps himself is even better.'

Another meanwhile added: 'Best thing Maguire did all night was headbutt Ronaldo...lol.'

Other United fans however believed in prevented their side from equalising following Renan Lodi's first-half header, commenting: 'Probably could have scored from that free kick if Maguire didn't headbutt Ronaldo in the head.'

Other United fans believed it was typical of their topsy-turvy season, with another adding: 'That moment where Maguire headbutt him accidentally and delayed his run and stopped him from heading in at the back post just sums us up.'

However, others could only see the funny side, with one stating: 'Only Maguire would headbutt Ronaldo before he went for a header. The bloopers from this season gonna be our greatest ever.'

However fans viewed it, it was another night on which Maguire and United failed to inspire as their final chance of ending their trophy drought going back to 2017 slipped through their grasp.

And ex-Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher believes time is ticking for Maguire to keep his place at Old Trafford.

'The Manchester United captain who cost £80million was taken off in the game,' Carragher told CBS Sports.

'He is going through the worst moment in his career right now. We all have that moment, I can picture it now when I was playing.

'It felt like no matter what I did in a game, how well I prepared for it, how well I played in it. The one thing I did wrong and the ball ended up in the back of my net. And I always remember when that was and that period of my career.

'This is something that Harry Maguire is going through right now and he has to get out of it very quickly otherwise he won't be at the club because the standards at Manchester United are so high.

Of course he wants to [get out of it] but his head will be all over the place, he is getting criticism left, right and centre.

'He'll be criticised again – I think the crowd actually cheered when he went off. Which isn't a nice thing for anyone.

'I've always been a fan of Harry Maguire. He gets criticised because he cost £80m. Virgil van Dijk cost £75m and is the best defender in the world.

'Harry Maguire is not that but he doesn't set the price. He had a great summer with England at the Euros but this season has been a disaster and he almost just needs to get to the end of the season and just forget about football and get away.

'He's having a really tough time. And every decision he makes, he's probably overthinking it.'

Source: https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1503850197406916612?t=Mu0QuvZMR3DmZxj1V5yOZA&s=19
grin this guy don suffer ....
....las las na jele Simi club them go carry am go join

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2022
Since both Messi and Ronaldo are out of the ongoing UCL, there will be no further noises from their fans respectively. Balance equation.

Take advantage of introductory price now and key into Queen's Garden Estate at Isheri North GRA by Opic.

The Estate is located at fast developing area and share neighborhood with FAAN Estate, Channels Tv HQ, Rainbow Fm and so on.

Few minutes from Magodo and Omole Lagos; where it presently cost an average of N90million to buy a plot of land.

- N20million per 500sqm
- N15million per 300sqm

3Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ at N44million

3Bedroom Fully Detached Duplex with BQ - N55million and so on.

Come now and enjoy fast value appreciation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50Vi8XMCZ0

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Maguire Accidentally HEADBUTTS Ronaldo At A Corner Against Atletico by Michaelbjune(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
before I even view the post I knew it was Obembet , my dear your love for Ronaldo no be hereooooo

anyway there's no time to check time 1:25

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Barcelona Signs Frenkie De Jong From Ajax For £75m (Photos) / Lionel Messi Named Football's GOAT During NFL Super Bowl / Dembele Is A 'genius' Like Okocha - Pochettino

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.