Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! (1915 Views)

How Are People That Fall In This Category Able To Travel Abroad? / Man Shows The Outdoor Camp Occupied By Hundreds Of Nigerians In Dublin (video) / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by LesbianBoy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
With the current situation of Nigeria, what is in the mind of the average Nigerian (I know this because of how they keep talking about it) especially the youths is to japa. Infact as I type this, "japa" is the number one trend on twitter and so I decided this is the right time to open this thread to let people know the bitter truth! (I have always wanted to open this thread)

Uncle, yes you......even you aunty, if you fall under the following category of Nigerians, you be mumu, you think say you dey wise! You have really not japa like you think! tongue

Planning to stay abroad illegally: Many people that complain about the current situation of Nigeria and are always shouting japa japa japa, lowkey plan to use this way to stay abroad (is this not corruption? What is now the difference between you and Naija politicians undecided) and the oyinbos know this. That's why they have made laws to ensure that someone without papers in their country will find life horrible. Infact, if you don't have papers in abroad, you would wish you stayed in Nigeria. The suffering no be here! shocked

Marrying for papers: To guys that want to do this and in their mind they think everything will be ok, let me tell you, you are just one serious quarrel away from being kicked out of the house and deported back to Nigeria. Remember, oyinbo don't rate men! Remember what happened to footballer Kurt zouma? I can bet if it was a woman she won't receive such punishment. All a woman needs to do is make a complaint no matter how small and police go show for house and carry you back where Nigeria if the lady wants.

You are a yahoo/azaman: Some Nigerians can take unnecessary risk sha. They engage in yahoo abroad. Imagine! If you engage or plan to engage in yahoo or you are what is called "azaman" especially when big money is involved, its just a matter of time dem go catch you and when they do, dem go arrest you and once you serve your jail term, guess where they are carrying you back to? You guessed right, Nigeria! The same country you thought you japa from!

You are the only one in your family that japa: You come from a family of say 5 and you are the only one out of the 5 children that manage to be intelligent, have a lucrative skill which got you a job abroad. You travel and you think you have japa? Nah! I mean, with what Nigeria is currently experiencing......ASUU strike, no light, fuel scarcity, high exchange rate, increase in transportation including flights, increase in cost of food items etc. how will you have peace of mind knowing that your family members are back home are going through this, in the country you think you have "escaped" from? Also, your people back home will be billing you and will never believe if you tell them that you don't have money.

Note: Unless you are a prodigal child that's the only way this will not affect you.

Show off attitude: Even though many young people may say otherwise, but we live in a world especially in Nigeria where young people want to show off after making money. There is this strong urge to show off. 
if you have such show-off attitude, you have to find a way to "uninstall" such attitude (its very hard to do so) if not, you will still find yourself in the Nigeria you think you have japa.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by LesbianBoy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 16, 2022
tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by froshdhayveed(m): 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2022
Gimme d funds 2 japa

2 Likes

Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by LesbianBoy(m): 7:57pm On Mar 18, 2022
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Justwise

This thread deserves to be in frontpage to let people know the truth. Some people out there think once they leave Nigeria everything is ok and no more worries for them.
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by BigDawsNet: 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
Especially in EU, UK , Canada majorly Australia.. I will not advice anyone to try to Japa on tourist visa.. I can tell you it will not work out well.... Maybe 1% in 100...

Seeking Refugee self is just temporary... because they believe we ain't war torn country...

Get married to a foreigner may seems easy..but I must tell you it's not literally easy...

There's is this guy that finally got him self a cool oyinbo babe and wants to marry quickly to get papper...

The Immigration officer surprised him and told him to go back and bring his valid tourist visa before he allow her to marry the lady...

Guy man wey him visa don expire since...
So it's not that easy...
White are smart...and can sense scam marriage...

So pls..I know it's very cost...but try migrate Tru studies...
You will always be greatful

5 Likes

Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by LesbianBoy(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2022
Lalasticlala this thread deserves frontpage na
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by 2braithe: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2022
LesbianBoy:

1.Planning to stay abroad illegally:

2.Marrying for papers:

3.You are a yahoo/azaman:

4.You are the only one in your family that japa:

5.Show off attitude:

1.Majority of Nigerians who are now citizens and permanent residents of foreign countries were once illegal immigrants,with the exception of those born there.
I am only trying to counter your point,I am not justifying illegal migration.But this has been a successful migration route for many.

In the US,as long as you stay away from border towns and keep your mouth shut,you have only little problem.There are under the table jobs for illegals and it is even tax free.

2.Some countries have tough migration rules.Marrying a foreigner is the second easiest way to get papers.Being born there is the easiest.

If you have the money, you can arrange a contract wedding and divorce after you get papers.That's very risky.
You can marry "genuinely" and divorce after you get papers.This is safer!
I am not justifying marrying for papers.

3.I am with you on this.
But there are a lot of people who did this and are doing fine today.It worked for them doesn't mean it'll work for you.

4.You owe nobody any assistance even if you were assisted.If you can struggle to japa,what is stopping them from struggling their own struggle?
You might assist some people and they'll become a fish bone in your neck when they get there.

5.People live life differently.Some require validation from people while some are private people.Some people's show off is even fake life.

Do what you want to do as long as it makes you happy!
If you do the crime,be prepared to do the time!
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by 2braithe: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2022
BigDawsNet:

There's is this guy that finally got him self a cool oyinbo babe and wants to marry quickly to get papper...

The Immigration officer surprised him and told him to go back and bring his valid tourist visa before he allow her to marry the lady...

Guy man wey him visa don expire since...
So it's not that easy...
White are smart...and can sense scam marriage...

So pls..I know it's very cost...but try migrate Tru studies...
You will always be greatful

The guy is supposed to go back and re-enter with a VALID visa.
Simple!!
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by BigDawsNet: 1:04pm On Mar 29, 2022
2braithe:

The guy is supposed to go back and re-enter with a VALID visa.
Simple!!

The guy is on expired UK visa tourist..
You want him to go back home den reapply right?

I can tell you! Even if his grandmother is queen Elizabeth... home office will not approve is applicattion
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by 2braithe: 1:14pm On Mar 29, 2022
BigDawsNet:

The guy is on expired UK visa tourist..
You want him to go back home den reapply right?

I can tell you! Even if his grandmother is queen Elizabeth... home office will not approve is application

Wow!
Pardon my ignorance.Do they have a way of knowing one's visa expired before returning?
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by TheStrongest: 1:37pm On Mar 29, 2022
The most important thing na make I Japa first...

After I Japa I can start worrying about the other things..
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by BigDawsNet: 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
2braithe:

Wow!
Pardon my ignorance.Do they have a way of knowing one's visa expired before returning?

Yea actually

When they approved you visa in Nigeria
Its on the UK system...both approval date and expired date..

When you arrive at UK
Your passport and visa is recorded as arrival
When you depart the UK... your visa is recored as departing...

If you decide not to return home...
You visa will expire at the right date. .
No immigration will put alarm on ur visa unless if you are on a watch list...

You mat be moving around with expired visa for years until you are caught! And they run ur status

Or maybe when it's time to get married..

At least you won't just marry oyinbo easilylike dat? The question will be how did you get here in the first place?...

Now your expired visa will reveal all that to the officer
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by 2braithe: 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Yea actually

When they approved you visa in Nigeria
Its on the UK system...both approval date and expired date..

When you arrive at UK
Your passport and visa is recorded as arrival
When you depart the UK... your visa is recored as departing...

If you decide not to return home...
You visa will expire at the right date. .
No immigration will put alarm on ur visa unless if you are on a watch list...

You mat be moving around with expired visa for years until you are caught! And they run ur status

Or maybe when it's time to get married..

At least you won't just marry oyinbo easilylike dat? The question will be how did you get here in the first place?...

Now your expired visa will reveal all that to the officer

Mehn!
That's a lot of problem.

In the guy's case,the only option left is to carry his oyinbo to Nigeria to marry.She only will return,then papers processing will start.When it clicks,he will go and join her in UK.
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by BigDawsNet: 2:56pm On Mar 29, 2022
2braithe:

Mehn!
That's a lot of problem.

In the guy's case,the only option left is to carry his oyinbo to Nigeria to marry.She only will return,then papers processing will start.When it clicks,he will go and join her in UK.

Absolutely
Re: You Have Not Truly JAPA If You Fall Under The Following Category Of Nigerians! by JapaProfessor: 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
In one word: Japa with a concrete plan.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja And Lagos Dance Clubs / How Do I Get To Calabar From Kogi?! Best Route / Lagos To Brazil Through The Atlantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.