Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike (16255 Views)

FG Halts South-East Road Projects, Initiates Contract Review / Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt / FG Seeks Private Funding To Close $2.5 Billion Electricity Gap (2) (3) (4)

Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Franking: 8:28am On Mar 17, 2022
Have the FG also confirmed salary increment? Salaries have remained the same while everything else has gone through the roof.

Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:33am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Buhari, we no fit run for you from this country o

Is that all you can do for someone you used your time to put into such position and you had now gone defensive instead of offensive as a good citizen! It is done!
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Jaapu: 8:37am On Mar 17, 2022
nkemoma:
In a sane world . for Tinubu to betray Nigerians and promote Buhari as the awaited Messiah to us is enough reason for him not to even smell the gates of Aso Rock..

He claims to be a wizard in human capabilities, yet gave us a lifeless one and went round the country marketing him. Why?

Because of his SELFISH DREAM OF becoming president..

And some tribal nincompoops are in a frenzy for the now 70something year old man, who now pees and poos on himself....

In a real sense, a 70 year old man cannot effectively run a BIG corporation. Yet these zombies that can't entrust their personal wealth to be managed by their 70 year old Dads and Uncles are going into a frenzy of portraying this man as the Messiah to clear up the mess of Buhari.... Entrusting the lives of 200million intelligent humans into his hands

May their lives not be run like Buhari has run Nigeria

In a sane world. You will be a madman. grin
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by nkemoma(m): 8:38am On Mar 17, 2022
Jaapu:

In a sane world. You will be a madman. grin

Thank you, Comrade
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Khaysee: 8:45am On Mar 17, 2022
Prepaid Is the best instead of accumulated headaches

Affordable men clothing clothing payment on delivery within lagos and nationwide delivery daily

Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Adabestseason(m): 8:57am On Mar 17, 2022
In Nigeria today the citizens cannot actually decipher what is the truth,who is saying the truth,everything is conspiracy to maim the not protected,suppressed,oppressed and dying poor masses by few occult, demonic agents in corridors of powers.The poor masses are where our politicians get human heads and body parts for charms,God is watching.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by techWriter3: 9:12am On Mar 17, 2022
The soul of zombeism has finally has exorcize from you
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Vikelo1212: 9:17am On Mar 17, 2022
Does this explain why my Nepa bill keeps increasing?

Pls I need an answer from good people of Nairaland. I live in a two bedroom flat (in PHC) and my electrical gadgets are not much. Just bulbs, Ac and charging of my phones. I've not watch tv for like 3 months now since I am not always around to subscribe it.

Still, PHED sends electric bill at 32k, 42k and this month own is 52k with some extra money on top o. Now, each time I pay less than 10k, they will come and cut my wire. Now they want me to pay at least half of the estimated bill. If not they will be cutting the wire every month.
I don't know how I will pay close to 25,000 or even more as my electric bill in a 2 bedroom flat.

Pls who do I meet and which of their office in Port harcourt should I go to lay my complaint. I Don complain taya but none of them is listening. It keeps coming and going up higher.
Pls someone should help me out. I just need the bill to go down at least.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by galadima77(m): 9:29am On Mar 17, 2022
So as you sell NEPA, wetin don change?
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

honestly, him matter tire me
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 17, 2022
Vikelo1212:
Does this explain why my Nepa bill keeps increasing?

Pls I need an answer from good people of Nairaland. I live in a two bedroom flat (in PHC) and my electrical gadgets are not much. Just bulbs, Ac and charging of my phones. I've not watch tv for like 3 months now since I am not always around to subscribe it.

Still, PHED sends electric bill at 32k, 42k and this month own is 52k with some extra money on top o. Now, each time I pay less than 10k, they will come and cut my wire. Now they want me to pay at least half of the estimated bill. If not they will be cutting the wire every month.
I don't know how I will pay close to 25,000 or even more as my electric bill in a 2 bedroom flat.

Pls who do I meet and which of their office in Port harcourt should I go to lay my complaint. I Don complain taya but none of them is listening. It keeps coming and going up higher.
Pls someone should help me out. I just need the bill to go down at least.

No prepaid
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by do4luv14(m): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:
And where is that electricity?

they sold it off to the highest bidder
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by LZAA: 10:54am On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

3rd moniker just this morning.

Nigga, give it a rest. Don't make trolling a profession
Shatap
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by IbeOkehie: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2022
HitRun:
The truth be say Nigerians don reach the state of fatigue from complaining. The next stage, which has started already, is a gradual build-up of resentment for the government. When e go burst, it will be spontaneous, and EndSars protest go be child's play. All man go de vex! Anything wey wan, happen make e happen!

Actually Nigerians will do exactly NOTHING. They're easily manipulated.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by AlphaT1(m): 11:31am On Mar 17, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
So now bill of 22k per month of darkness will now be 48k..chai..we Don enter am..NATO go buy small inverter and ask the NEPA guys to disconnect your house..since them no one bring prepaid..

This thing is not hard.. do installation of mass prepaid meter to every household first before talking of this.

But no..I pity those NEPA guys wey dey go around cutting lights..street are not smiling
The prepaid stuff is deliberate. They make a lot of money from estimated billing. They were billing my Aunt 48k per month. She would pay 8k, dem go come cut am say e too small. I had to buy prepaid meter for her (60k). Now units for 10k de last 4months. I come understand why dem no want give prepaid meters.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:33am On Mar 17, 2022
AlphaT1:

The prepaid stuff is deliberate. They make a lot of money from estimated billing. They were billing my Aunt 48k per month. She would pay 8k, dem go come cut am say e too small. I had to buy prepaid meter for her (60k). Now units for 10k de last 4months. I come understand why dem no want give prepaid meters.

Chai...no wonder..with prepaid meter u fit manage light for months on 10k before u recharge again..so they sell this prepaid meter. There was a time NEPA were installing it for free.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by AlphaT1(m): 11:37am On Mar 17, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Chai...no wonder..with prepaid meter u fit manage light for months on 10k before u recharge again..so they sell this prepaid meter. There was a time NEPA were installing it for free.
They kept saying prepaid were not available until someone told me to go and see them (naija way). I met them and they said prepaid na 80k, we bargain come reach 60k. When they came to install it they brought forms to her to sign that the meters were given to her free of charge...chaiiiiii
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:41am On Mar 17, 2022
AlphaT1:

They kept saying prepaid were not available until someone told me to go and see them (naija way). I met them and they said prepaid na 80k, we bargain come reach 60k. When they came to install it they brought forms to her to sign that the meters were given to her free of charge...chaiiiiii

Wait o..that form ish. This tells me that it's something that is supposed to be free and they are selling it..
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by AlphaT1(m): 11:57am On Mar 17, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Wait o..that form ish. This tells me that it's something that is supposed to be free and they are selling it..
Yeah... it's supposed to be free....
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Loveknitting: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Lol!
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by King44(m): 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2022
Nigeria is now a bubble

E go soon burst
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
Welcome to Power companies of the future, benefits shareholders at consumers expense.
Power supply has been epileptic but tarrifs are on the rise.
Payment for services not rendered, and they call it regulation, I call it a Fraud!
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
AlphaT1:

The whole setup is a scam, power generation and distribution was under 1 umbrella, but some crook decided its more profitable to split them and rip off customers!
Imagine disco staff disconnecting people who have not had power for 2 months.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by samwillyco1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2022
This regime like seeing masses suffering
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by nedekid: 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
nkemoma:
In a sane world . for Tinubu to betray Nigerians and promote Buhari as the awaited Messiah to us is enough reason for him not to even smell the gates of Aso Rock..

He claims to be a wizard in human capabilities, yet gave us a lifeless one and went round the country marketing him. Why?

Because of his SELFISH DREAM OF becoming president..

And some tribal nincompoops are in a frenzy for the now 70something year old man, who now pees and poos on himself....

In a real sense, a 70 year old man cannot effectively run a BIG corporation. Yet these zombies that can't entrust their personal wealth to be managed by their 70 year old Dads and Uncles are going into a frenzy of portraying this man as the Messiah to clear up the mess of Buhari.... Entrusting the lives of 200million intelligent humans into his hands

May their lives not be run like Buhari has run Nigeria

I taya, someone that could sell out a whole country to a grossly incompetent heardman, that could deny heardsmen were responsible for the killings on the SW highways despite killing a prominent statemans daughter. He infamously asked where were the cows.
All that just to achieve an ambition.
Nigerians now hail him as the messiah despite having fit, sharp, competent folks from the same region.
My brother I weak. Any how, we go survive or last last japa.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by AlphaT1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 17, 2022
quentin06:

The whole setup is a scam, power generation and distribution was under 1 umbrella, but some crook decided its more profitable to split them and rip off customers!
Imagine disco staff disconnecting people who have not had power for 2 months.
Na so. Anybody wey get means make e japa o. The situation here is almost hopeless.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 17, 2022
helinues:

Do you realise you are talking to the apc govt? You should commend them instead for another round of hardship will will alleviate the sufferings of the poor masses. Sai Buhari!!! Up apc!!!
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by themanderon: 4:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
These guys are just mocking people. Which electricity are they subsidizing? The one that barely lasts for Six hours in a 24hr window? Yet they have always been increasing the tariff without any increase in supply. They pay billions on subsidy for fuel yet its at its highest level in years and now this. I wonder what Nigerians did that made them to deserve these devils we have as leaders.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by nnamdi640: 5:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
Another suffering loading for this masses. God please punish any body that have hand in making Buhari president of this country. Thesame people still want to bring in another failure.
Re: FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike by 1851onne: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2022
helinues:

Ekiti Government Seals Off Petrol Station For Selling Above Pump Price / Armed Forces Remembrance Day: Retired Veterans Protesting In Abuja / Anambra Government Blames APC, FG For Insecurity In States