Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

How Does Ripping Work? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Does Ripping Work? (936 Views)

Visafone Internet Subscription Ripping Me Off - Thinking Of GLO Internet? / Ripping&burning Som1 Should Pls Xplain. / Please I Need A Software For Ripping Streaming/bufferring Videos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Ripping Work? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2007
Please, if you do not understand what I'm talking about, DO NOT REPLY.

Do you know how to rip music from CDs? When I say rip, I don't mean how to do it with Windows Media Player. I mean do you understand how ripping works? Plus, who knows how to actually find tracks on CDs, and not the usual 44KB CDAs that we always see.
Re: How Does Ripping Work? by samir101ng(m): 12:22am On Aug 04, 2007
Ripping (also referred to as digital audio extraction) is the process of copying the audio or video data from one media form, such as DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray or CD, to a hard disk. While the original media is typically digital, the extraction of analog media such as VHS video or vinyl records to a digital format can also be referred to as "ripping". To conserve storage space, the copied data is usually encoded in a compressed format such as MP3, WMA, FLAC or Ogg Vorbis for audio, or MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, XviD or Ogg Theora for video.
The term has been adopted to refer to audio extraction/duplication, though this use of the term is less common. If you need a more detailed explanation, give more specifics next time e.g type of software used in ripping and encoding, media type e.t.c

FROM Wikipedia
Re: How Does Ripping Work? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2007
Does that answer my question?
Re: How Does Ripping Work? by samir101ng(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2007
Goodluck.

(1) (Reply)

Windows XP SP3 Crashes Some Pcs / Configuration Of Samsung I780 For Gprs / You Have Any Program You Enjoyed You Need It Registered In Full Version ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.