Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) (56693 Views)

President Zelensky Visits Kharkiv In First Trip Outside Kyiv Region / Ukrainian Children’s Hospital Completely Wiped Out By Russian Bombing / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Salowise: 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Aboki waiting patiently for the war to end to buy scrap condemn

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by grandstar(m): 7:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
Zelensky's political naivety caused this tragedy. Yes, Putin is cruel and the invasion irresponsible. However, if Zelensky wasn't politically naive, this war would not have been invaded.

There was no way NATO would have given him the kind of support he would have needed to change the tides of this war. If he had known this, he would probably have taken a different track. Even if Russia does not win this war, Ukraine will be in ruins and would only make life harder for its already impoverished people. Reconstruction will take time.

At this juncture, he should simply give in to Putin's demands. Ukraine should forget joining NATO and the EU. It should also allow the 2 breakaway provinces of Donbas and Donetsk to secede. Ukraine should part ways with Crimea.

This shouldn't be considered the end of Ukraine. Greek-dominated South Cyprus was able to become prosperous despite the division of the island into 2 by Turkey in the 1970s. Make the best of what you have and don't winge and whine over what you have lost like the Gazans or the Azeri's
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by GENES11S: 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
toobusy:
Can't this Ukrainian find a way to send missile to Russia as well

If they do that, the west will stop supporting them. The weapons they are given have terms and conditions attached. It is not to be used to invade any country neither should it be used on civilians.

It is only for the purpose of self defense.

1 Like

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by GENES11S: 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
wink2015:
UKRAINE WAS MISLED BY THE WEST.

What were they ( Ukraine ) looking for in NATO?

Ukraine was never part of NATO in the first place.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by samwash(m): 7:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
Waiting patiently for the war to end.
Am jetting out to Russia or Ukraine to make lot of money.
Either country is a win win for me.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Emmyxclusive: 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2022
wink2015:
UKRAINE WAS MISLED BY THE WEST.

What were they ( Ukraine ) looking for in NATO?

Let's try to be constructive here, let's not said things cus other are saying it. When this issue started months, it started with Russia move its troops to the Ukrainian border. The US was the first to raise alarm. Russia said it has the right to conduct military operations within its territory, they denied having any plan to invade, still the US based on thier Intel said the invasion is eminent. Do u know it got to a point where Zelensky even blaimed the US of raising fear and false alarm? US still maintained thier stance and even told Ukraine that the US will no fight Russia in Ukraine, they said it over and over again. Russia requested some written guarantee for US that ukraine will not join NATO but us said it's up to Ukraine to decide and that NATO have an open door policy which remains. Ukraine has the option to either bow to Russia or resist so why are u blaming the west? US gave Ukraine military hardwares prior to the invasion cus there trusted thier Intel that put was going to invade
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by babakb: 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

Still d same... He picked up arms, now calling his saviours to com but dey disappointed him. Or has he not been crying for help since d invasion, is da wotvu call bravery?
U nd I will still b here nd watch him yield to Russia's demands which he has started doing already.(agreeing not to Join NATO)...

Even your Putin is seeking for help, he is enrolling foreign fighters to move to Ukraine too.
Zelensky is a warrior, just face it...
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by DonroxyII: 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2022
Omihanifa:
This is really sad.
In my own opinion the war isn't necessary undecided
It will take years for Ukraine to recover from these losses.
And as for Russia una yansh don finally open you guys are overrated tongue
Upon all the military hardware and plenty of troop una still collect from Ukraine cheesy
That's why it's called War, it doesn't give a hoot about anybody as everyone go collect. The entire humanity self go collect from this war directly or indirectly.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Fairbanks(m): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2022
toobusy:

You just spoke my mind.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Babinski: 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
Omihanifa:
This is really sad.
In my own opinion the war isn't necessary undecided
It will take years for Ukraine to recover from these losses.
And as for Russia una yansh don finally open you guys are overrated tongue
Upon all the military hardware and plenty of troop una still collect from Ukraine cheesy

Russia should prepare to bear the cost for rebuilding Ukraine from Russia's foreign reserve of US$500 billion in the care of the Western World.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by InoGetJoy: 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2022
Toktee:
They have not seen anything yet.... you don't fight who want to fight and die.. Ukrainians know exactly what Putin want and that's to overrun their country like Chechnya and beralus, install someone who's answerable to putin.... that cannot happened here.
US President Joe Biden announced a massive new package of military aid for Ukraine on Wednesday, including S-300 missile defence systems, 100 Switchblade “kamikaze” drones and thousands more missiles.
Lolzz... US is sending a Russian missile defence system to Ukraine?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahajajahahahahahahah
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
babakb:

You people are not even ashamed, I guess most of you thought Russia would have conquered Ukraine by now, but this is 3 weeks and they are still holding on without the support of NATO and the West.

I have never supported invasion by whoever and I will never support any, I condemn all the Invasions by America, NATO, Russia, China etc
Shame kill u there. If they bring out all their weapon, do u think there will be Ukraine anymore?
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by TenQ: 9:43pm On Mar 17, 2022
Robisky001:
Looks the Ukrainians want Russia to finish them off before they'll eventually get a sense. The same EU that's pushing/backing them with weapons and finance to execute the war is invariably helping the Ukrainians to destroy their country. Negotiations and renegotiation is only the way forward to end this war.
Your bias has prevented you from seeing that Russia is the greatest looser in this war. The army of Russia to Ukraine is at least 8 to 1 and yet Russia cannot run over small Ukraine: Kai!

1 Like

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Lastanza: 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
SeeThisLoser:
And still the Russian army cannot occupy this city after almost a whole month ? So they just bomb and bomb and bomb but the soldiers are too scared to move in because they know they face complete annihilation by the Ukrainian army.

The Russian army is overrated.

I hate Russia for this but the Russian army is not overrated. There are different approaches to war and this is like a Carabao cup(in military approach)

If Russia wants to level Ukraine in a week, they can but this is a strategic fight where they target only military and government formations. If Russia rolls out main weapons for a full blown war you will be saying a different thing.

I hate Putin!
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Jostoman: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
Russia OP evil supporters club of nairaland spotted.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2022
Emmyxclusive:
Let's try to be constructive here, let's not said things cus other are saying it. When this issue started months, it started with Russia move its troops to the Ukrainian border. The US was the first to raise alarm. Russia said it has the right to conduct military operations within its territory, they denied having any plan to invade, still the US based on thier Intel said the invasion is eminent. Do u know it got to a point where Zelensky even blaimed the US of raising fear and false alarm? US still maintained thier stance and even told Ukraine that the US will no fight Russia in Ukraine, they said it over and over again. Russia requested some written guarantee for US that ukraine will not join NATO but us said it's up to Ukraine to decide and that NATO have an open door policy which remains. Ukraine has the option to either bow to Russia or resist so why are u blaming the west? US gave Ukraine military hardwares prior to the invasion cus there trusted thier Intel that put was going to invade
This is not even the genesis of the story. Zelensky is brave but naive politically. If Ukraine had a smarter president, it would have reached this stage
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by goshee: 10:45pm On Mar 17, 2022
Kingpele:
God will definitely punish mad man putin and his murderous bandits that support him online and offline
But God will bless America? I ma not perturbed because there is nothing like God
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by viklegend(m): 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2022
There are no winners in war... Both sides will lose heavily

P.s I buy legit Paypal funds and help with Fiverr withdrawals... Dm for swift deal
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2022
toobusy:
Russia get space defence equipments dat can suspend any Missiles on Air from touching Russia Soil
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Reptyle(m): 11:14pm On Mar 17, 2022
If you listen to western media channels like CNN and Sky News, you will begin to think that the Russians are getting their asses whooped by the Ukranians. You will think that Ukranian troops are so good that a lot of Russian army generals have been killed.

A colleague was arguing with me today about his claim that the Russian army is so weakened that they are unable to overrun Ukraine within a week as earlier planned.

The reality however is quite different as evidenced by these pictures of bombed out houses and several dead people.

Even NATO as powerful as they are do not want an open military confrontation with Russia because it will result in too many collateral damages in human and material resource.

2 Likes

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by TruthinAction: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
Russia will fall.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by VirileNelly2420: 11:57pm On Mar 17, 2022
babakb:

Even your Putin is seeking for help, he is enrolling foreign fighters to move to Ukraine too.
Zelensky is a warrior, just face it...

Lol... Seeking for which help?

Ur warrior begs for help n support every given minute of d day, don't u get?

Can I tell u something...? This isn't Ukraine n Russia crisis (it's not war yet) but Russia vs entire would excluding just a handful of countries. Dats just d truth...

Even US soldiers are fighting in Ukraine, just da dey don't Wana make if official inorder not to escalate d crisis..., Dey work undercover. Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by phenase(m): 12:13am On Mar 18, 2022
cool cool cool cool
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by calcal: 1:04am On Mar 18, 2022
The first image looks fake.

Russia never captures any big city after 20 days, Russia is losing personnel and hardware. Ukraine is winning the war.

"I will surround your big cities carpet bomb and starve you to death" - AWOLOWO
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Bifwoli: 1:09am On Mar 18, 2022
SeeThisLoser:
And still the Russian army cannot occupy this city after almost a whole month ? So they just bomb and bomb and bomb but the soldiers are too scared to move in because they know they face complete annihilation by the Ukrainian army.

It took many years for the USA to have a casualty of 5000 dead servicemen in Afghanistan and Iraq. Russia has gotten that in less than a month war.

1 Like

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by vislabraye(m): 4:15am On Mar 18, 2022
SeeThisLoser:

You thinks so ?
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by anambraamaka: 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
terrible
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Gaabasky: 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2022
babakb:

Well the Comedian refused to be a coward just like you cool cool cool

And ready to be puppet of the power to be just like u even with sacrificing the of your people and their properties. Shameless human being

1 Like

Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Annafoxxy23: 11:27pm On Mar 18, 2022
Wanna see my naked photo? WRITE ME THERE ► vk.cc/cbZXa3
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Aryafucksfinaly(f): 7:00am On Apr 07, 2022
princeeze1:

Unfortunately for your thinking, you don’t know that for a war to end, there would be peace negotiations, treaties will be negotiated and signed. Somehow you believe if one Russian cent will go to Ukraine this war will end? Even Iran’s money that was frozen for ages was repaid with interest by Obama before they signed the original jcpoa.

And unfortunately for your thinking, Iran’s case is completely dissimilar in your analogy. Iran didn't destroy nobody's infrastructure. Be that as it may, before any peace is fully negotiatiated, the issue of war reparations and the financial compensation of Ukraine must and will be fully ironed out. Except the West agrees to a similar post–World War II Marshall Plan, which was led by the United States, and helped to rebuild a devastated Europe. However, unlike the post–World War II situation, Russia has a thriving economy with hundreds of billions of dollars in reserves (both active and frozen), as such, it bears direct responsibility for compensating Ukraine as the aggressor nation.

More unfortunate for your thinking is the fact that Russia has started seizing and nationalising trademarks and assets of foreign companies who have left Russia. This leaves a perfect condition for reciprocity by the Western governments as well.

I ain't dishing out a proposition, I am telling you in plain terms how it is gonna happen whether Russia completely subjugate Ukraine or not. Come back and requote me if the West releases Russia's frozen reserves (with interest according to you grin ) back to them, without Russia committing financially compensate Ukraine.

Mind you, there is building evidence of Russia committing war crimes in Bucha (which they are now trying to cover up in other occupied regions). If this is established, then we'll see how they would have wrecked havoc on a peaceful neighbouring country and jejely wait for a peace deal to collect their accrued interest on their money. You think say life dey straightforward like that.
Re: Russian Bombing Leaves Ukraine’s Kharkiv In Ruins (Photos) by Nobody: 9:28am On Apr 07, 2022
Aryafucksfinaly:

And unfortunately for your thinking, Iran’s case is completely dissimilar in your analogy. Iran didn't destroy nobody's infrastructure. Be that as it may, before any peace is fully negotiatiated, the issue of war reparations and the financial compensation of Ukraine must and will be fully ironed out. Except the West agrees to a similar post–World War II Marshall Plan, which was led by the United States, and helped to rebuild a devastated Europe. However, unlike the post–World War II situation, Russia has a thriving economy with hundreds of billions of dollars in reserves (both active and frozen), as such, it bears direct responsibility for compensating Ukraine as the aggressor nation.

More unfortunate for your thinking is the fact that Russia has started seizing and nationalising trademarks and assets of foreign companies who have left Russia. This leaves a perfect condition for reciprocity by the Western governments as well.

I ain't dishing out a proposition, I am telling you in plain terms how it is gonna happen whether Russia completely subjugate Ukraine or not. Come back and requote me if the West releases Russia's frozen reserves (with interest according to you grin ) back to them, without Russia committing financially compensate Ukraine.

Mind you, there is building evidence of Russia committing war crimes in Bucha (which they are now trying to cover up in other occupied regions). If this is established, then we'll see how they would have wrecked havoc on a peaceful neighbouring country and jejely wait for a peace deal to collect their accrued interest on their money. You think say life dey straightforward like that.

I am telling you in unambiguous terms that not a cent of Russian cash will be given to Ukraine. The best Ukraine will get will be loans from the IMF/EU/US to rebuild which they will have decades to pay back. They also have the lower leverage in negotiations already and the US has given them the leeway to use lifting of sanctions to strengthen their negotiating positions. How can you seize the foreign reserves of a country unilaterally and you have hundreds of your companies (name it, gas, oil exploration, steel, consumer goods, auto, market chains, production) on their soil who assets and accounts have been temporarily frozen as well running into over a $1trillion, who has more to lose here.
By your logic now, the US has since payed war reparations to Libya, Syria, Vietnam, Serbia, Iraq, Yugoslavia etc. You now see the hypocrisy in your analogy right? In this case, zelensky pushed them to war, after being deceived. Even the US has seen the futility in all their staged media propaganda. War crimes? And who will try Putin? It did not ractify the ICC treaty. Tell me where again Bush and Blair were tried for their proven war crime/war of aggression against Iraq? Lol, when next you want to quote, come with something tangible.
Lastly, Russia has not nationalized any foreign asset yet, they are all temporarily restricted pending what happens to their foreign reserves. It is a game of reciprocity. Ukraine has lost, get used to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine / British Soldiers Told To Get Ready For War Against Russia, Warn Loved Ones (Pics / German Citizens Hold 400-Car Motorcade To Show Support For Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.