Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy (219 Views)

Northern Elders Forum (NEF) Raises Concern Over State Of Judiciary / Anambra Belongs To APGA – Soludo Replies APC On Plot To Take Over State / Dangote, Tony Elumelu, Otedola, Duke, Imoukhuede Meet Peter Obi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by BrandSpurNG: 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2022
The Chairman of United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, Tony Elumelu, on Thursday lamented the current economic crisis ravaging the entire nation.

Brand Spur Nigeria reports that Tony Elumelu said it is disheartening that despite being a country rich in abundant mineral resources, over 90 per cent of Nigerians are still living in hardship and poverty.

In a long Twitter thread, the philanthropist berated the leaders of the country for allowing its citizens to suffer poor electricity for days, hikes in the price of diesel, and frightening food inflation.

He stated that businesses in Nigeria were suffering and citizens should hold leaders accountable.

The UBA Chairman said, “This morning, I am listening to my colleagues at the office bemoan the very pressing issues that they face every day in this country, and how things have been getting worse and worse – no electricity for five days, hikes in the price of diesel, frightening food inflation, etc.

“How can a country so rich in natural resources have 90 per cent of its citizens living in hardship and poverty? I have often said that access to electricity is critical for our development, alleviation of poverty and hardship. And speaking of security, our people are afraid.

“Businesses are suffering.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/03/17/tony-elumelu-laments-over-state-of-nigerian-economy/

Re: Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by Nigeriadondie: 7:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Your bank donated palliatives to a thieving government when you could have kept that money and invest it in your workforce knowing fully well that if you pay your workers well, you not only feed the person you employ but the persons dependent on the employees.

Is your bank not also guilty of contract staff? You guys are all guilty of the same thing you condemn government for
Re: Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by seunmsg(m): 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
The UBA Chairman said, “This morning, I am listening to my colleagues at the office bemoan the very pressing issues that they face every day in this country, and how things have been getting worse and worse – no electricity for five days, hikes in the price of diesel, frightening food inflation, etc.

“How can a country so rich in natural resources have 90 per cent of its citizens living in hardship and poverty? I have often said that access to electricity is critical for our development,

Some of these PDP clowns don’t even rate us at all. In the last 48 hours, I have read series of coordinated media attacks on the state of the national grid from Discos and now, the owner of two of the very useless Discos is openly criticizing the government about power supply.

Adeleke and Elumelu must stop this useless attack on the collective sensibilities of Nigerians. PDP is not coming back to power anytime soon. They either sit-up and manage the power assets sold to them without due process by Jonathan or return them to FG. They owe Nigerians regular power supply and not social media rantings.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by Militant30: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2022
May anything close to Buhari never come near our stool of leadership again.

Even Tinupooo supporters should not come close to power.
Nonsense
Re: Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
You ask me why am angry:

Our youths graduate year in year out only to roam the streets in search of employment,

When a woman's husband dies the woman and are children are left at the mercy of survival,

There is no electricity, no proper roads, no portable water, no dissent communication system, the transportation system is in Chambles, the commerce sector is so petty and informal it embarrases, the health sector is nothing but a midwifes system, the judicial system does not leave one with hope, there is no sign of progress or development.

And you ask me why am angry?

Isn't every sane human in these nation ought to be angry?
With every given opportunity the youths leave this nation and you ask me why am angry, six hundred thousand people migrate out of this nation annually taking out an approximate $6,000,000,000 out of the National economy annually, and you ask me why am angry?

Who out there with conscience and gut will not get angry by seeing these things?
Northern youths peddling rust iron with no hope and no future.
Eastern youths forced to selling fake second hand clothes and pushed into piracy.
Western women selling herbal concoction in motor parks forced to undergo several abuses

Who in there right mind would not get mad and angry at these things.

And you ask me why am I angry.

My question is why are you not angry?
You are a youth graduated for years yet no dissent job and you are not mad and angry.
You are an able bodied youth with the right mental strengths and physical skills yet you have to leave by performing demeaning jobs and you are not mad and angry.
Who should be mad and angry, I come from a tribe which says a basterd is a man who sees a reason to be angry but doesn't get angry.
Re: Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by Spandau: 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
seunmsg:

Some of these PDP clowns don’t even rate us at all. In the last 48 hours, I have read series of coordinated media attacks on the state of the national grid from Discos and now, the owner of one of the very useless Discos is openly criticizing the government about power supply.

Adeleke and Elumelu must stop this useless attack on the collective sensibilities of Nigerians. PDP is not coming back to power anytime soon. They either sit-up and manage the power assets sold to them without due process by Jonathan or return them to FG. They owe Nigerians regular power supply and not social media rantings.

Kadoso Mutairu! Broda elenu ja wire.
Re: Tony Elumelu Laments Over State Of Nigerian Economy by Militant30: 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2022
seunmsg:

Some of these PDP clowns don’t even rate us at all. In the last 48 hours, I have read series of coordinated media attacks on the state of the national grid from Discos and now, the owner of two the useless Discos is openly criticizing the government about power supply.

Adeleke and Elumelu must stop this useless attack on the collective sensibilities of Nigerians. PDP is not coming back to power anytime soon. They either sit-up and manage the power assets sold to them without due process by Jonathan or return them to FG.

So nobody should complain because you want your Tinupooo to give us the revised version of buhari's suffering?

Afam power station is working but Buhari's body odour is destroying transmission.
Please tell bubu to resign that we are tired of his incompetence

(1) (Reply)

What A Disappointing National Assembly / APC National Secretary: Rotimi Makinde Drums Support For Senator Iyiola Omisore / Cross River Decries N34m Federal Allocation For March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.