Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree (619 Views)

Can I Plant White Beans Now In The Southwest?? / How Do I Plant Ewedu ? / Orange Tree Bears Tangerines In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by Elsafema: 8:47pm On Mar 17, 2022
Please my fellow nairalander. I want to plant some fruit like mango and orange in my compund but I want to consider fence and wall of building so as to avoid crack by the root of this citrus. Please like how many feet is the minimum space I must give between the stem and the fence or house building.
Re: How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by PrecisionAI: 8:48pm On Mar 17, 2022
hope you know the root stretches 3 feet sha?
Re: How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by Elsafema: 8:50pm On Mar 17, 2022
PrecisionAI:
hope you know the root stretches 3 feet sha?
can the root cause crack in the fence or building
Re: How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by PrecisionAI: 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2022
Elsafema:
can the root cause crack in the fence or building

Ofcourse yet. That's why people are always wary of planting oranges in fenced compounds.

Do some research sha. Modern improved varieties may prove different. Lately scientific innovations has changed things. Since there are short dwarf orange trees, it's possible their root don't stretch far/deep.
Re: How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by dollytino4real(f): 8:55pm On Mar 17, 2022
Still consider neighbours sha! Breeze blow tree on ur neighbour's roof, if ur land no big abeg rest!!

1 Like

Re: How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by gasparpisciotta: 9:04pm On Mar 17, 2022
Citrus fruits are notorious for growing large roots.

Don’t plant them close to the wall
Re: How Close To The Fence Can I Plant My Orange Tree by Elsafema: 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
Citrus fruits are notorious for growing large roots.

Don’t plant them close to the wall
but I think dwarf one don't get larger Root?

(1) (Reply)

Bitterkola Planting And Maturity / Abuja-based Youth Farmers Meet This Weekend / Broilers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.