Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Shrinkflation "The Weed " Way. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shrinkflation "The Weed " Way. (196 Views)

Step To Buy The Weed In DC At Your Doorstep - DCWEEDEVENTS / When 'weed' Is Mistakenly Used Instead Of 'thyme' In Jollof Rice. Picture / See The Rev. Sisters That Smokes Weed And Also Sells It To Ease Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shrinkflation "The Weed " Way. by caesymore(m): 7:09am On Mar 18, 2022
Mhen...

Its no longer news that the prices of goods and services are going up in alarming percentages in this our Motherland.

Shrinkflation : the reduction in the size of a product in response to rising production costs or market competition. Rather than increase the price of a product, the company simply offers a smaller package for the same sticker price.

I love eggs not just for the love of it, I usually consume about one and half crate a month in meal, at the beginning of the year a crate was sold for N1400 piaaaa its now sold for N2200 ( I wonder what the price is gonna look like in June not to talk of Dec ) a lot of other more important products are also on the increase with greater percentage yet salaries hardly increase.

Entering the market without extra cash just to realize there is an increase in the product you came to purchase leaves many embarrassed and depressed , the vendor believes it not easy for them either so sales must be made.

How funny it sounds the above boldened word with definition is practiced by those the society would tag as ''Men of the underworld'', yet these Men have the interest of their consumers at heart. For over 12 years now, I know there is this particular commodity that has not generally increased in price since, even with the repugnant increase in products by the whole outgone and present administration, ''The weed''.

For years now a sachet of local weed (IgboO) is sold for N50 street price, even during lockdown this dealers practice ''Shrinkflation'' just because they want to make sure say e reach every body. Though some users like me have upgraded to them Sk,AZ etc yet ''Shrinkflation'' is practiced in these various categories of Marijuana business.

One good thing about this ''Shrinkflation'' is you get the quantity of product increased when wears and tears falls back to normal but the inflation practiced across our nation doesn't allow these greedy "Men of heaven" reduce the prices to normal with vegetable oil as a case study.

I hope our great Motherland realizes we have non other, so the need to look into the inflation rate in the country.
Remove hope from a Man and you turn him beast to a prey howbeit the current state of most citizens in Nigeria.

Which way Nigeria... na till we get Ulcer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Usman Shugaba From Kaduna Illegally Detains, Assaults Man For Criticising Him / Charms And Fetish Objects On Display As Ife Indigenes Invade OAU In Protest / Popular Musician Tekno Have Joined Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.