Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. (1574 Views)

Why Do I Always Feel My Throat Smells? / My New Girl Friend May Leave Me Because Of My Body. / 5 Reasons Why Your Private Part Smells And What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Marxist001(m): 12:54pm On Mar 18, 2022
Please I just moved in to a new apartment. The toilet is new and standard. But the odour oozing out from the WC is something else. I flush almost every minute. Despite buying air fresheners of various types and sizes, even camphor, it still smells bad.
But I notice that the smell is usually worst at night. We can't even sleep, it smells like fresh poo.
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Author267(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Did u find out about who was stayin that house before?
I smell something fetish
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by PresidentAtiku(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2022
Spiritual husband and wife dey use the toilet also... Na why..

*Chei*---- who stone me?
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by oz4real83(m): 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
New toilets are sometimes like that but check if there is air-vent in the soak away. If there are proper air-vents, the smell will go away with time, but if there are none on the soak away and the piping, na "Oyo" be your case oo.
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2022
PresidentAtiku:
Spiritual husband and wife dey use the toilet also... Na why..

*Chei*---- who stone me?
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
Op
Is the building high-rise building? shocked embarassed cry

There might be problem with the cistern, the entire system.

The waste might be reflowing back, seaping back even after flushing due to blockage or breakage of pipe

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Marxist001(m): 2:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
oz4real83:
New toilets are sometimes like that but check if there is air-vent in the soak away. If there are proper air-vents, the smell will go away with time, but if there are none on the soak away and the piping, na "Oyo" be your case oo.
Sir there is vent, even enough. I had to open one of the slabs on the soakaway, plus the vertical pipe attached.
But yet again the problem is that out of the three toilets, it's just that one in my bedroom that smells
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by PresidentAtiku(m): 2:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
VeeVeeMyLuv:

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Kashi na ruhohi
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Abilistic(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2022
Marxist001:
Please I just moved in to a new apartment. The toilet is new and standard. But the odour oozing out from the WC is something else. I flush almost every minute. Despite buying air fresheners of various types and sizes, even camphor, it still smells bad.
But I notice that the smell is usually worst at night. We can't even sleep, it smells like fresh poo.

The odor might be coming from the washing hand basin or floor drain.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Shaw007(m): 2:09pm On Jan 16
Marxist001:

Sir there is vent, even enough. I had to open one of the slabs on the soakaway, plus the vertical pipe attached.
But yet again the problem is that out of the three toilets, it's just that one in my bedroom that smells

Currently have this problem, how were you able to fix it?
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by oz4real83(m): 2:23pm On Jan 16
Shaw007:

Currently have this problem, how were you able to fix it?
I will explain what causes it and the easiest solution to it. In a new soakaway, the bottom is dry, whenever the toilet is flushed and the poopoo comes in, it goes right to the bottom, without much water for the poopoo to dissolve in. When this poopoo decays, the vent is too small to take the smell into the atmosphere completely, the smell goes through the pipes and foul everywhere. As the quantity of poopoo increases, it becomes worse because the water level in the soakaway takes a long time to increase. The simple solution is for you to take a hose and put it into the vent in the soakaway, pump some water into it so that the poopoo will have enough water to dissolve into. The water should pump for a few minutes. If no result, continue to add water until the smell is eradicated. No matter the chemical you buy, it won't work, this is the solution I have always used and it works

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Shaw007(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16
oz4real83:
I will explain what causes it and the easiest solution to it. In a new soakaway, the bottom is dry, whenever the toilet is flushed and the poopoo comes in, it goes right to the bottom, without much water for the poopoo to dissolve in. When this poopoo decays, the vent is too small to take the smell into the atmosphere completely, the smell goes through the pipes and foul everywhere. As the quantity of poopoo increases, it becomes worse because the water level in the soakaway takes a long time to increase. The simple solution is for you to take a hose and put it into the vent in the soakaway, pump some water into it and so that the poopoo will have enough water to dissolve into. The water should pump for a few minutes. If no result, continue to add water until the smell is eradicated. No matter the chemical you buy, it won't work, this is the solution I have always used and it works

Thanks man, very helpful, slight alteration here now is that, I just discovered the smell is even coming from the floor drain, not the toilet (bathroom and toilet are in the same space).

Will the same solution work?
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by oz4real83(m): 3:00pm On Jan 16
Shaw007:

Thanks man, very helpful, slight alteration here now is that, I just discovered the smell is even coming from the floor drain, not the toilet (bathroom and toilet are in the same space).

Will the same solution work?
if the smell is within the toilet\bathroom, removing the dirt\blockades in the floor drain and chambers and proper washing will remove the smell, but if it iis the smell that spreads everywhere, then my method is the solution

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Shaw007(m): 4:01pm On Jan 17
oz4real83:
if the smell is within the toilet\bathroom, removing the dirt\blockades in the floor drain and chambers and proper washing will remove the smell, but if it iis the smell that spreads everywhere, then my method is the solution

It spreads everywhere, will try your method.
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by UptownVibes(m): 8:26pm On Jan 17
If his method doesn't work,let me know..
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by md4real(m): 6:21am On Apr 13
UptownVibes:
If his method doesn't work,let me know..

Good morning

Please how dis u resolve?

I'm currently having this challenge
Re: Please Help!!! My New Toilet Smells Like Hell. by Wfrolly1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 26
I just packed and I’m having this issue, I need solutions please

(1) (Reply)

Virginity Test: My Pants Had Blood Stains – Pupil / Treatment For Viginal Infection And Inregular Menstruration. / Neurosurgeon Doctors!! Please Help Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.