Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science (581 Views)

What Online Courses Do You Recommend For A Graduate Of Economics With 2.2 / I Studied In Republic Of Benin.. Can I Obtain My Msc In Nigeria? / 49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science by Escobar98(m): 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Hey folks I'm about graduating from a prestigious university in Nigeria with a very strong Political Science degree but I'm considering a career in finance and economics as opposed to what I'm studying now.

Is it possible to be admitted for a Masters programme in Economics with Political Science degree in any federal university in Nigeria considering the fact that they're both social sciences? Thanks.
Re: Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2022
Escobar98:
Hey folks I'm about graduating from a prestigious university in Nigeria with a very strong Political Science degree but I'm considering a career in finance and economics as opposed to what I'm studying now.

Is it possible to be admitted for a Masters programme in Economics with Political Science degree in any federal university in Nigeria considering the fact that they're both social sciences? Thanks.

I don't think so... Even with a BSc. in Business Administration, you won't be allowed into MSc. Economics.

This is so because Economics is largely quantitative and analytical... So many graphs, calculations etc, although they're not complicated and can be handled by any "above average" student.

Non-economics courses that may be considered for MSc. Economics are Statistics, Mathematics, etc.

But by all means, still enquire from the school... You may be lucky!

1 Like

Re: Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science by Escobar98(m): 2:43pm On Mar 18, 2022
Loewe:

I don't think so... Even with a BSc. in Business Administration, you won't be allowed into MSc. Economics.

This is so because Economics is largely quantitative and analytical... So many graphs, calculations etc, although they're not complicated and can be handled by any "above average" student.

Non-economics courses that may be considered for MSc. Economics are Statistics, Mathematics, etc.

Big thanks, king.
Re: Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
Escobar98:

Big thanks, king.

Uwc bro. Don't hesitate to enquire from the school still. You may be lucky to find certain schools that may be less strict in their master's admission...

I just gave the above as a general information based on my experience. Cheers.
Re: Can I Do My Msc In Economics With Bsc Political Science by Escobar98(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2022
Loewe:

Uwc bro. Don't hesitate to enquire from the school still. You may be lucky to find certain schools that may be less strict in their master's admission...

I just gave the above as a general information based on my experience. Cheers.

Definitely I will, boss. When school resumes I'll inquire from by HOD or walk to the said department in my school to enquire. Big thanks once again. You're goated.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Arrest Of AGF: ASUU Urges EFCC To Investigate Administration Of IPPIS / Schools In USA That Gives Full Funding �� / Anchor University Ready To Move To Permanent Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.