Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 (2289 Views)

Pastor Chris : Hybrid Men Are Coming . Jude 1:6-9. (explosive) / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / Was Jesus Black? Looking At Revelation 1:14-15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MindHacker9009(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2022
This prophesy of Enoch is nowhere in the Old Testament, so where did Jude get it from.

Jude 1:14 -15
14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones
15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by advanceDNA: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
MindHacker9009:
This prophesy of Enoch is nowhere in the Old Testament, so where did Jude get it from.

14 Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones
15 to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Two things are likely involved...

Enoch has written text or a book. I doubt this since most of the old patriarchs ddnt have a book. Even Adam that saw God, regular in the evening had no recording/account for us...

The second which I consider likely is that Jude was inspired by the spirit of God... there are many evidence for this in scripture...where two people’s statement are similar but existed hundreds years apart...

David spoke of past and future things he never read of.

The book of job is another example of records that the author wasn’t present or had a book to quote from.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by joinnow: 4:58pm On Mar 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Two things are likely involved...

Enoch has written text or a book. I doubt this since most of the old patriarchs ddnt have a book. Even Adam that saw God, regular in the evening had no recording/account for us...

The second which I consider likely is that Jude was inspired by the spirit of God... there are many evidence for this in scripture...where two people’s statement are similar but existed hundreds years apart...

David spoke of past and future things he never read of.

The book of job is another example of records that the author wasn’t present or had a book to quote from.
There is book of Enoch though i saw online and read you will see demons names how different demon teach men how to carve things make knives etc and the level of heavens

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by advanceDNA: 5:02pm On Mar 18, 2022
joinnow:

There is book of Enoch though i saw online and read you will see demons names how different demon teach men how to carve things make knives etc and the level of heavens

Okay...
Good for you...
I hope you learn one or two things from demons..

2 Likes

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 6:41pm On Mar 18, 2022
MindHacker9009:

It came from the Book of Enoch but it was not made part of the 66 book canon of the Bible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by NNTR: 11:22pm On Mar 18, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Jude, just as, Apostle Peter, earlier before him, got that excerpt from the BoE (i.e. the Book of Enoch) which incidentally, was a 1st to 4th century bestseller book, archetype of Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code' albeit this BoE, is a book on steroids.

Did you notice and even understand, what Jude said, in Jude 1:10? Compare it with 2 Peter 2:12

LordReed:
It came from the Book of Enoch but it was not made part of the 66 book canon of the Bible.
Yup, you're right, that the excerpt came from the BoE, however, the book, is not worth the paper its written on.

Nobody deeming it important enough to warrant the book be outrightly mentioned in the Bible, speaks volume, of how inconsequentially the book is regarded.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2022
NNTR:
Jude, just as, Apostle Peter, earlier before him, got that excerpt from the BoE (i.e. the Book of Enoch) which incidentally, was a 1st to 4th century bestseller book, archetype of Dan Brown's 'The Da Vinci Code' albeit this BoE, is a book on steroids.

Did you notice and even understand, what Jude said, in Jude 1:10? Compare it with 2 Peter 2:12

Yup, you're right, that the excerpt came from the BoE, however, the book, is not worth the paper its written on.

Nobody deeming it important enough to warrant the book be outrightly mentioned in the Bible, speaks volume, of how inconsequentially the book is regarded.

Yet Jude is canon, funny.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by joinnow: 6:57am On Mar 19, 2022
advanceDNA:

Okay...
Good for you...
I hope you learn one or two things from demons..
Nope but learned from the heavenly structure.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by NigerianAngelo(m): 7:21am On Mar 19, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Tradition.
It's to show you that even in the Old Testament they used Tradition. The truth that was passed down from generation to generation and preserved by the Church of Old.

Just the way the Church today knows about the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the rites of the Mass.

The deposit of revelation is Scripture and Tradition handed down by the Apostles.

Outside the Catholic Church there is no salvation.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by odysey: 7:28am On Mar 19, 2022
NNTR:

did you know that a couple of folks sat and debated what should be in the Bible, including the books? Don't decide until you read the book for yourself
It's a book I believe everyone should read as often as possible
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28am On Mar 19, 2022
MindHacker9009:

After Jesus' ascension to heaven the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob fulfilled His promises by dispensing His Holy Spirit upon only the Jews that accepted Jesus Christ {Act 2:1-4 compare to Joel 2:28-30} Apostle Peter confirmed this @ Act 2:16-20!

So there were lots of sacred secrets that were hidden from ancient servants of God before Jesus that God's Holy Spirit revealed to the first century Jewish Christians.
For instance:
© No Israelites knew how Moses died or how he was buried, all what they knew is that Moses climbed mountain Nebo and never returned.
It was God's Holy Spirit that revealed it to Jude that after Moses's death there was dispute between the angels that came to bury him and Satan the devil! Jude 9
© Before Jesus nobody knew how come the earth was filled with many powerful spirit beings (gods) but after Jesus' ascension God's Holy Spirit revealed to the Christians that they are fallen angels that came down to commit sexual immorality with daughters of men in Noah's time! 1Peter 3:19-20; 2Peter 2:4; Jude 6
© Before the coming of Jesus Christ nobody knew why Kingdoms were rising against one another but the Holy Spirit revealed to the Christians that Satan has been ruling the earth through the effort of self-centered and greedy humans since he told Adam and Eve that they don't need God to set standards for them! Luke 4:5-7; John 14:30; 1John 5:19
© The Israelites (including Moses) never knew why the daughters of Midian came seducing Israelite men but it was God's Holy Spirit that revealed to the Christians that Balaam taught Balak the midianite king to ask all the beautiful girls, ladies and women in his land to seduce Israelites into commiting adultery because in that way their God (who has been frustrating Balaam's curses) may turn against the Israelites! Revelations 2:14

So it's God's Holy Spirit that revealed what transpired between Enoch and those people which wasn't recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures to the first century Jewish disciples of Christ, Enoch never wrote any book! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by Image123(m): 9:32am On Mar 19, 2022
LordReed:

It's commonsense. If nollywood produces a film based on the ongoing anything, it doesn't guarantee that it will be the exact truth of the ongoing anything. It also doesn't negate or remove the validity of the anything.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by RealityGod: 9:42am On Mar 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

After Jesus' ascension to heaven the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob fulfilled His promises by dispensing His Holy Spirit upon only the Jews that accepted Jesus Christ {Act 2:1-4 compare to Joel 2:28-30} Apostle Peter confirmed this @ Act 2:16-20!

So there were lots of sacred secrets that were hidden from ancient servants of God before Jesus that God's Holy Spirit revealed to the first century Jewish Christians.
For instance:
© No Israelites knew how Moses died or how he was buried, all what they knew is that Moses climbed mountain Nebo and never returned.
It was God's Holy Spirit that revealed it to Jude that after Moses's death there was dispute between the angels that came to bury him and Satan the devil! Jude 9
© Before Jesus nobody knew how come the earth was filled with many powerful spirit beings (gods) but after Jesus' ascension God's Holy Spirit revealed to the Christians that they are fallen angels that came down to commit sexual immorality with daughters of men in Noah's time! 1Peter 3:19-20; 2Peter 2:4; Jude 6
© Before the coming of Jesus Christ nobody knew why Kingdoms were rising against one another but the Holy Spirit revealed to the Christians that Satan has been ruling the earth through the effort of self-centered and greedy humans since he told Adam and Eve that they don't need God to set standards for them! Luke 4:5-7; John 14:30; 1John 5:19
© The Israelites (including Moses) never knew why the daughters of Midian came seducing Israelite men but it was God's Holy Spirit that revealed to the Christians that Balaam taught Balak the midianite king to ask all the beautiful girls, ladies and women in his land to seduce Israelites into commiting adultery because in that way their God (who has been frustrating Balaam's curses) may turn against the Israelites! Revelations 2:14

So it's God's Holy Spirit that revealed what transpired between Enoch and those people which wasn't recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures to the first century Jewish disciples of Christ, Enoch never wrote any book! smiley

Are you a theologian? This depth of knowledge is not normal Can I send a personal mail?
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by ABIODUN105(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Op go and read the book of Enoch you will see that prophecy there
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2022
Image123:

It's commonsense. If nollywood produces a film based on the ongoing anything, it doesn't guarantee that it will be the exact truth of the ongoing anything. It also doesn't negate or remove the validity of the anything.

Ah, notice that you used a fantasy maker as an analogy, makes me wanna laugh at how apt that is.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:30am On Mar 19, 2022
RealityGod:

Are you a theologian? This depth of knowledge is not normal Can I send a personal mail?

I was a Muslim Sir but because God saw in my heart that i love Him He sent His messengers (Jehovah's Witnesses) to come and teach me His words, i humbly accepted the teachings, they prayed with me and ever since then the knowledge kept increasing.
Please you too can become a fully competent and completely equipped Bible scholar better than i do only if you will accept a free home Bible study with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
As for me i'm nothing before Jesus' brothers who are teaching us globally! smiley

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by AntiChristian: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I was a Muslim Sir but because God saw in my heart that i love Him He sent His messengers (Jehovah's Witnesses) to come and teach me His words, i humbly accepted the teachings, they prayed with me and ever since then the knowledge kept increasing.
Please you too can become a fully competent and completely equipped Bible scholar better than i do only if you will accept a free home Bible study with JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.
As for me i'm nothing before Jesus' brothers who are teaching us globally! smiley

Chai! Always put ignorant "Muslim"...
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:05am On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

Chai! Always put ignorant "Muslim"...

You can only prove that i was ignorant by telling me the group of people practicing Islam in the perfect sense, in the absence of that know that in Islam i know better than all your imams including your king in Mecca! wink
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by AntiChristian: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You can only prove that i was ignorant by telling me the group of people practicing Islam in the perfect sense, in the absence of that know that in Islam i know better than all your imams including your king in Mecca! wink

grin

You know better? Make we test you!

Can you mention the name of the messenger of Allah Moses met with his servant in the Qur'an? (without Google or outside help)
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by Image123(m): 11:35am On Mar 19, 2022
LordReed:

Ah, notice that you used a fantasy maker as an analogy, makes me wanna laugh at how apt that is.

Because the prevalent BoE is a fantasy maker of course. The reality and truth stands.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:37am On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

You know better? Make we test you!
Can you mention the name of the messenger of Allah Moses met with his servant in the Qur'an? (without Google or outside help)

Baby religionist! cheesy

So it's STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! That's Islam shey? smiley
That means if i tell you what our Imam told me that makes me a true Muslim. cheesy
Ọmọ kékeré ń ṣe ẹ́ ọ̀rẹ́ mi.
Fi ara balẹ̀ kí o kọ́ ẹ̀kọ́ òtítọ́! smiley
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by AntiChristian: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Baby religionist! cheesy

So it's STORY! STORY!! STORY!!! That's Islam shey? smiley
That means if i tell you what our Imam told me that makes me a true Muslim. cheesy
Ọmọ kékeré ń ṣe ẹ́ ọ̀rẹ́ mi.
Fi ara balẹ̀ kí o kọ́ ẹ̀kọ́ òtítọ́! smiley

You claimed you know pass everyone. Now you were asked a simple question now you are diverting!
No be only Religionist! Na Jehovah witness!
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:32pm On Mar 19, 2022
AntiChristian:

You claimed you know pass everyone. Now you were asked a simple question now you are diverting!
No be only Religionist! Na Jehovah witness!
YES! I know more than all your Imams and your king in Mecca!
How?
In Islam our official greeting is "SALAM" which means "PEACE" so if i have found wisdom on how people can live together without raising weapons against anyone but your Imams and Kings can't find such wisdom yet greeting each other SALAM (PEACE) don't you think i'm now more knowledgeable than all your Imams and Kings?
Or what's the essence of greeting SALAM (PEACE) when they can't make SALAM work among Muslims worldwide? undecided
So if i say i know much more than all your Imams and Kings know today i'm not talking about STORY! STORY!! STORY!!!

In the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses it's our kids that deals with STORIES that's why their book is entitled
"My Book Of Bible Stories" {1Corinthians 3:2} but among mature JWs what's of utmost importance is how to cohabit peacefully not just STORIES! Hebrews 5:12-13 smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
Image123:

Because the prevalent BoE is a fantasy maker of course. The reality and truth stands.

So one fantasy maker quotes another fantasy maker, great. LoLz.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by Image123(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
LordReed:

So one fantasy maker quotes another fantasy maker, great. LoLz.

Opinions are cheap and free, reality stares you till eternity.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 1:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
Image123:

Opinions are cheap and free, reality stares you till eternity.

Of course, just as it is your opinion that it is not a fantasy. LoLz.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MindHacker9009(m): 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
Comments above so far suggest 2 possibilities, one side is for the Book of Enoch and the other side is for the holy spirit revelation, the question now is who is right as there can only be one answer to this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by Image123(m): 3:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
LordReed:

Of course, just as it is your opinion that it is not a fantasy. LoLz.

The reality speaks.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 3:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Image123:

The reality speaks.

It sure does.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by NNTR: 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
LordReed:
Whats the point you think you are making, with saying, 'yet Jude is canon, funny'.

Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
NNTR:
Whats the point you think you are making, with saying, 'yet Jude is canon, funny'.

If Jude is trying to make a point by referencing another book then it stands to reason that if you consider Jude valid then the book it is referncing is also valid. If Jude is canon then Enoch should be canon but what do I know, fantasy makers gonna make fantasy.
Re: Where Did Jude Find Enoch's Prophesy Jude 1:14 -15 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
LordReed:

If Jude is trying to make a point by referencing another book then it stands to reason that if you consider Jude valid then the book it is referncing is also valid. If Jude is canon then Enoch should be canon but what do I know, fantasy makers gonna make fantasy.

MaxInDHouse:

For instance:

So it's God's Holy Spirit that revealed what transpired between Enoch and those people which wasn't recorded in the Hebrew Scriptures to the first century Jewish disciples of Christ, the man Enoch never wrote any book! smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Christians Are The Most Gullible In The World’- Dr. Akin-john / Pastor Adeboye (the Go) At Un, Charts Path To Peace In Middle East . / Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.