Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels (511 Views)

We Are Voting For Sanwo-Olu - Lagos Teacher Tells Students (Video) / Adamu Adamu Tells Students To Take ASUU to court For Damages / IMSU: Students Deny Reorts Of Military Raid In Their Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Traplord09: 4:07pm On Mar 18, 2022
The management of the University of Ibadan has closed down the institution due to the extended industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

The Registrar of the institution, Mrs Olubunmi Faluyi, on Thursday made the position of the management known in a special bulletin addressed to the students.

According to the bulletin, students have been asked to vacate their halls of residence with immediate effect.

“Management, at its meeting on Wednesday, 16 March, 2022, deliberated on the ongoing industrial action embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which had now been extended by eight (cool weeks.

“As a result, academic activities in the University have become paralysed.

“Consequently, the Vice-Chancellor, on behalf of the Senate, has directed that the University be closed until further notice,” it read.

Faluyi said post-graduate students who have paid their school fees and undergraduate students who are on industrial attachment or practical training are exempted from this vacation notice.

“Such students are to visit the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs for accommodation arrangement.

“A new date of resumption will be communicated in due course.

“Management wishes our students a safe journey to their various destinations,” the release added.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that ASUU on Monday 14th March, extended its industrial action by eight weeks, citing inability of the government to meet its demand.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Malory: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Those who helped bring Buhari to power will never end well

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by NOwazobia: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2022
Same with UNIBEN.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by thesicilian: 4:18pm On Mar 18, 2022
Malory:
The problem of strike in this country is not entirely the government, ASUU itself is more to blame.
Those ASUU executives are so corrupt that the government hardly even takes them seriously anymore. All it takes to get them to reopen the schools is one Ghana-must-go for them to share and they'll abandon their objectives for the strike. This is what happens year in year out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Jennyclay(f): 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
Students go home oo!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by alsudan: 4:20pm On Mar 18, 2022
If the students like let them vote Buhari Pro Max Thiefnibu In 2023.

With Pro Max, ASUU will be on strike for 3 and halve years out of 4.
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Racoon(m): 4:21pm On Mar 18, 2022
Security, Economy, Employment, Electricity, Education and all strata of our national life all on zero.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by jyz200(m): 4:23pm On Mar 18, 2022
Oda o
Either two months or two weeks I’m not going back to school again
What happened na
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by buckeyemedia: 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2022
alsudan:
If the students like let them vote Buhari Pro Max Thiefnibu In 2023.

With Pro Max, ASUU will be on strike for 3 and halve years out of 4.
We were told by pdp that Yaradua & Jonathan were professors, & would Stop this ASUU nonsense that had been going on for 40 years.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Ebubu: 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2022
thesicilian:

The problem of strike in this country is not entirely the government, ASUU itself is more to blame.
Those ASUU executives are so corrupt that the government hardly even takes them seriously anymore. All it takes to get them to reopen the schools is one Ghana-must-go for them to share and they'll abandon their objectives for the strike. This is what happens year in year out.
Still the fault of Government. Why government don’t keep their end of 2009 agreement instead of bribing with Ghana must go bag and asking them to return?

Be a leader you call yourself and do something right

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Malory: 5:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
thesicilian:

Whatever happens, the buck still stops at the president's table

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Paul8644: 5:30pm On Mar 18, 2022
Read Below

Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by UtuokeAlcoholic: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2022
Malory:
Is it during Buhari's presidency that ASUU started going on strike?
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Esama: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2022
Have you even started talk on end well. I know where you are from southeast precisely. Bitterness have become your identity.
Malory:
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by thesicilian: 6:06pm On Mar 18, 2022
Malory:
Whatever happens, the buck still stops at the president's table

Ebubu:
Still the fault of Government. Why government don’t keep their end of 2009 agreement instead of bribing with Ghana must go bag and asking them to return?

Be a leader you call yourself and do something right

If I know that my employees are ready to accept a little one time bonus instead of salary increment, why would I still bother about increasing their salary?
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Ebubu: 6:11pm On Mar 18, 2022
thesicilian:

If I know that my employees are ready to accept a little one time bonus instead of salary increment, why would I still bother about increasing their salary?
are you an employee or the servant of the people/masses which equates to students?

Are you not supposed to be doing that which will improve their quality of education since you’re their representative?

The thing is that most of you do not understand the purpose of a government which is to serve the people

Osino employee and salary example

Na your papa company?

Ana akoheri
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by thesicilian: 7:34pm On Mar 18, 2022
Ebubu:
are you an employee or the servant of the people/masses which equates to students?

Are you not supposed to be doing that which will improve their quality of education since you’re their representative?

The thing is that most of you do not understand the purpose of a government which is to serve the people

Osino employee and salary example

Na your papa company?

Ana akoheri
You're still young. One day you might understand. If you're fortunate enough to get to that level, that is.
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Malory: 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2022
Esama:
Have you even started talk on end well. I know where you are from southeast precisely. Bitterness have become your identity.
Incoherent gibberish devoid of logic
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by Malory: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2022
thesicilian:

You are talking about small fraction of ASUU members collecting bribe to the detriment of the whole ASUU body and you are using this warped logic to equate it. Are you that corrupt?
Re: ASUU Strike: University Of Ibadan Shuts Down, Tells Students To Vacate Hostels by 1851n: 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2022
[s]
buckeyemedia:
We were told by pdp that Yaradua & Jonathan were professors, & would Stop this ASUU nonsense that had been going on for 40 years.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

You Are On Your Own - Ukranian Embassy To Nigerian Volunteers / I Want To Donate To The Gov. Of Anambra State / Oyo State Provided 100 Of Vehicles For Amotekuns Security Personnels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.