Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

What Is Branding - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Is Branding (251 Views)

Graphics/ Branding/ Designs Promo / Need Logo, Branding Services And A Website? / Logo•branding•flyers•cartoon And Many More At An Affordable Price(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Branding by Aveson: 8:04pm On Mar 18, 2022
In Graphic Design,

BRANDING

Has gone beyond logo, it has gone beyond monogram, wordmark and abstract logo.

Before I tell you what branding is, listen

In ancient time, shepherd seperate thier cattle from other cattle by placing a redhot iron on the hide of those animals, drawing a unique symbol, that symbol is replicated on the hide of other cattle belonging to a shepherd

Cattles look alike whether small or big. But what seperate my goat from yours is the symbol on it.

Branding is what seperate your clients' business from other businesses. It is the perception and how customers feel when they do business with you your clients.

For instance, if I mention, Micheal Jordan, it is basket ball that comes to mind.

When I mention Tyson Fury, it is boxing that comes to mind.

When I mention Coca-Cola, it is that unique taste that comes to mind. The taste is as unique as the bottle itself. Even a broken Coca-Cola bottle can be recognised if you see one.

That thing that comes to mind when your name is mentioned is called branding.

You know what comes to mind when you hear Okocha, Johnny Drills, Sinach Broda Shaggi, Emeka Nobis, David Oyedepo

That's the power of branding

So individuals and organisation can be branded to stand out and be known for something.

In graphic design, branding is done through two elements.

1. Logo and
2. Colour combination and
3. The name of the brand

First Tips

The logo must be simple and unique. People forget logos that involve a lot of technicality.

Look at Apple logo (bitten Apple),

Facebook (simple f),
Google (the word google itself),
Meta (m that is creatively tweaked).

First rule of graphic design states that Simplicity is expensive and complication is cheap. Don't forget that sir

Second Tip
Colours must have a strong constrast. Look at the colour of network providers in Nigeria and learn.

If you see my Mentors flyer on Facebook, you don't need to think twice before you know this is Elisha Mamman because of the consistent use of particular colour across his handles.

Third tip
You can make recommendation to client who like using long names for their brand.
Look,

Meta- two syllable
Facebook-two syllable
Tesla- two syllable
Dangote-three syllable
Amazon-three syllable
Switchpath-two syllable

With due respect, It is in Nigeria that someone will name his brand "Godspower is Enough Beauty Salon." And they blame God, everybody else but themselves for lack of recognition.

Again, the first rule of graphic design states that Simplicity is expensive and complication is cheap. Don't forget that sir.

To your continued transformation
Sunday Maga
Life teacher, Graphic Designer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Create A Smartphone Mockup Video Using Canva / Evertything You Need To Know About Bing Video / I,m A Creative Graphics Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.