Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke (556 Views)

Entire Family Members Dead After Having Their Dinner In Anambra (Photo) / Genotype: The First Thing To Ask If A Guy Seeks To Have A Relationship With You / Colombian Mum Of 2 Dies After Having Fat Removal Surgery To Surprise Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by AkProsper(m): 5:07am On Mar 19, 2022
Hello,

So confused right now.

My dad just had a stroke. What are the necessary first aid.

Someone said we shouldn't take him to hospital so they wont give him injection cause stroke doesn't need injection.
Re: Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by Mooh247: 5:27am On Mar 19, 2022
Rush straight to an emergency ward of an hospital the sooner you get him there the higher his chances of recovery

Every seconds count with a stroke patient as the blockage in the brain or burst in the veins build up pressure

God is with him, and he would be heal insha Allah
Re: Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by talk2hb1(m): 6:18am On Mar 19, 2022
I can't imagine how stressed out you are right now, He will be healed.
Tell him we love and appreciate him!
Re: Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by AkProsper(m): 8:05am On Mar 21, 2022
talk2hb1:
I can't imagine how stressed out you are right now, He will be healed.
Tell him we love and appreciate him!
Thanks for your word of relief.
Re: Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by oxygenator: 8:47am On Mar 21, 2022
AkProsper:
Hello,

So confused right now.

My dad just had a stroke. What are the necessary first aid.

Someone said we shouldn't take him to hospital so they wont give him injection cause stroke doesn't need injection.

Take him to a hospital first.

When his condition becomes stable he will likely be discharged after a few days; There may not be complete healing then. You will then be advised to start physiotherapy immediately.

But those who can afford hyperbaric oxygen therapy should commence the hbot immediayely.

HBOT is the fastest way for a stroke patient to recover. All efforts must focus on this because stroke patients who report early may recover almost fully before one month.

We are HBOT PROVIDERS in Port Harcourt.
Re: Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by talk2hb1(m): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2022
AkProsper:

Thanks for your word of relief.
Hope he is getting better
Re: Help! What With First And Next Thing To Do After Having Stroke by Healthyway15: 2:23am On Apr 15, 2022
Healthy lifestyle habits, certain medications and regular checkups can greatly reduce the risks of stroke. If anyone suspects he/she might be experiencing symptoms of a stroke, it’s vital that you seek emergency medical treatment as soon as possible.

Depending on how long the brain lacks blood flow and which part was affected, a stroke can cause permanent disabilities and some other long-term health problems. However, with the right treatment and assistance, regaining a normal quality of life is usually possible, depending on the severity of the stroke. Rehabilitation is also an important and ongoing part of stroke treatment.

Also, you should be concerned about the recurrence of the stroke even after he gets well again. The bitter fact about it, is that; one in four stroke survivors experience a second stroke within five years, and this can worsenfunctional outcomes. The causes of a second or third stroke are often the same as for primary strokes.

However, recurrence of another stroke can be preventable with certain effective medications, healthy habits and lifestyle adjustment. Proper treatment tends to focus on repairing his cardiovascular system and restoring an adequate flow of blood to his brain whether the stroke is caused by blocked arteries or blood leak in the brain so he can enjoy quality life, and won't have to worry about the recurrence of stroke.

I hope his condition has improved.
For consultation, you can check my signature for contact.
Nothing replaces Sound Health.

(1) (Reply)

Using Dettol For 5days To Clear My Pimples / Staphylococcus Aureus/ Infections.honestly/sincerely.just Try This My Herbal Tea / Infertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.