Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:03 PM

Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk (996 Views)

Tiwa Savage Bags Honorary Degree From The University Of Kent, UK (photos) / Teesside University / Nemitari Ajienka Becomes The Youngest Lecturer At Edge Hill University, UK (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by grammarian247(m): 5:52am On Mar 19, 2022
Hello everyone. I need help to decide which of University of Teesside and Kent to choose. Teesside gave me a conditional offer in International Relations, a-two-year course. I also got an offer from Kent University, School of English. The programme is a-one-year MA course.

I have heard stories here on Nairaland about the difficulty in getting CAS from Teesside University, this is the reason I am developing cold feet about pursuing Teesside's offer although the tuition is cheap and the mode of payment is easy.

Kent University, on the other hand is a little more expensive than Teesside even though it it the same deposit fee with Teesside (£2000), but the snag seems to be that the programme I'll be admitted into is a-one-year MA course.

Could someone please help me get a clear thought on this?

Lalastica, I kneel down beg you or any of your people, help me give this my thread visibility: move it to front page. Or how else does one get one's post to the front page. Is there any god before whom one has to pour libation?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by Nobody: 6:05am On Mar 19, 2022
First consider the employment opportunities?whats the pay rate like?
Are there jobs, Most students do Health care.
How much is the rent?
Is there accommodation?

I don’t know about leeds. But places like Bristol, It will be like you are working for your landlord.
Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by missidy: 6:50am On Mar 19, 2022
How come your own IR is 2 years? It's supposed to be a one year course except you chose additional one year placement. Well look at your pocket and career prospect. Before I applied, I reached out to someone who studied IR in UK and now works with the UN in Ethiopia. She said IR career opportunities are more in African countries but it gives you the basic research skills most organizations need so you can get entry level jobs outside the field with it. As for English course, I really don't know anything about the career prospects.

Can you cope working and schooling for 2 years? That's a long time. Lastly, you really don't want to have high BP over tuition fee. If you know you can't afford Kent fees, peacefully endure Teeside uni wahala. Look at all these carefully and then decide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by grammarian247(m): 6:54am On Mar 19, 2022
missidy:
How come your own IR is 2 years? It's supposed to be a one year course except you chose additional one year placement. Well look at your pocket and career prospect. Before I applied, I reached out to someone who studied IR in UK and now works with the UN in Ethiopia. She said IR career opportunities are more in African countries but it gives you the basic research skills most organizations need so you can get entry level jobs outside the field with it. As for English course, I really don't know anything about the career prospects.

Can you cope working and schooling for 2 years? That's a long time. Lastly, you really don't want to have high BP over tuition fee. If you know you can't afford Kent fees, peacefully endure Teeside uni wahala. Look at all these carefully and then decide.

You have spoken very well, Sir!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by grammarian247(m): 6:55am On Mar 19, 2022
Jondelng:
First consider the employment opportunities?whats the pay rate like?
Are there jobs, Most students do Health care.
How much is the rent?
Is there accommodation?

I don’t know about leeds. But places like Bristol, I will be like you are working for your landlord

Thanks for this.

Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by missidy: 7:00am On Mar 19, 2022
I'm a lady actually grin.
grammarian247:

You have spoken very well, Sir!
Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by grammarian247(m): 8:00am On Mar 19, 2022
missidy:
I'm a lady actually grin.

Excuse my hasty conclusion, I am sorry.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by Bestiee01(f): 8:27am On Mar 19, 2022
Foreign universities ripping Nigerians off as usual.God pxnish our leaders.
Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by ucystan(f): 10:04pm On Mar 19, 2022
grammarian247:
Hello everyone. I need help to decide which of University of Teesside and Kent to choose. Teesside gave me a conditional offer in International Relations, a-two-year course. I also got an offer from Kent University, School of English. The programme is a-one-year MA course.

I have heard stories here on Nairaland about the difficulty in getting CAS from Teesside University, this is the reason I am developing cold feet about pursuing Teesside's offer although the tuition is cheap and the mode of payment is easy.

Kent University, on the other hand is a little more expensive than Teesside even though it it the same deposit fee with Teesside (£2000), but the snag seems to be that the programme I'll be admitted into is a-one-year MA course.

Could someone please help me get a clear thought on this?

Lalastica, I kneel down beg you or any of your people, help me give this my thread visibility: move it to front page. Or how else does one get one's post to the front page. Is there any god before whom one has to pour libation?

I am also considering that Kent too, I heard they don't really disturb about the tuition for the fact u keep paying in something but u must finish up payment before u collect your result, but I don't k ow is if there are enough jobs there or how far is it from London. I don't know if I can be schooling in Kent while I hustle in London. Pls do u have an idea?
Re: Help! I Need To Make A Choice Between Teesside And Kent University, Uk by grammarian247(m): 6:07am On Mar 20, 2022
ucystan:

I am also considering that Kent too, I heard they don't really disturb about the tuition for the fact u keep paying in something but u must finish up payment before u collect your result, but I don't k ow is if there are enough jobs there or how far is it from London. I don't know if I can be schooling in Kent while I hustle in London. Pls do u have an idea?

I really do not know a thing about Kent. We would have had more perspectives on this if this post had gotten to the front page. I am seriously considering Kent.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Unexpected Joy At Dawn By Alex Agyei - Themes In The Novel / Why Sanwo-olu Couldn't Celebrate / Cut Off Or Uniabuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.