Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. (875 Views)

My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by Percy0006(m): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2022
Hello good morning nairalanders, a friend is planning to send me an invite to US but lo and behold i be novice when it comes to travelling i dont even have an international passport lol.. but passport shouldn't be a problem, he told me if he invited me he can actually enroll me in a temporar school for a period of 6 to 12 months then within that period i should get a job.. i am a welder and stainless fabricator.. so how well should i prepare and how much do i need to go about this journey... Is it that easy to go overseas? And what else do i need to get..
Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by BigDawsNet: 9:36am On Mar 19, 2022
Get a passport
Your friend doesn't sound like a family member..so you may have to focus on how you can convince the interviewer you will return after your visit...

Because as it is now ..you seems to be planning on relocation... When the consular sens that! You may likely not be considered...

Right now don't stress urself about job availability in the US. we hav multiple...the question is! Are you qualify to get a visa??

Get your invite letter stating they will take care of you when you arrive

You need to prove home ties...

US don't really fancy bank statement but make sure you print one incase they need them...

Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by Percy0006(m): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:
Get a passport
Your friend doesn't sound like a family member..so you may have to focus on how you can convince the interviewer you will return after your visit...

Because as it is now ..you seems to be planning on relocation... When the consular sens that! You may likely not be considered...

Right now don't stress urself about job availability in the US. we hav multiple...the question is! Are you qualify to get a visa??

Get your invite letter stating they will take care of you when you arrive

You need to prove home ties...

US don't really fancy bank statement but make sure you print one incase they need them...

Goodluck

You mean my friend bank statement?
Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by BigDawsNet: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2022
Percy0006:

You mean my friend bank statement?

Obviously not

Your own bank statement...
You an adult... They expect you to be financially fit to take a trip...

Your friends job may only be to house you...

1 Like

Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by Percy0006(m): 9:57am On Mar 19, 2022
[quote author=BigDawsNet post=111167267]

Obviously not

Your own bank statement...
You an adult... They expect you to be financially fit to take a trip...

Your friends job may only be to house you...

Thanks baba... How much should i be preparing for the ticketing and all sir
Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by BigDawsNet: 10:01am On Mar 19, 2022
[quote author=Percy0006 post=111167652][/quote]

For ticket
480+ depending on the flight

B1/B2 visa fee $160

BTA
$800+

Miscellaneous fees ... unknown

The rest I don't know...

1 Like

Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by Percy0006(m): 10:35am On Mar 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:

For ticket
480+ depending on the flight

B1/B2 visa fee $160

BTA
$800+

Miscellaneous fees ... unknown

The rest I don't know...

All this b1/b2 and bta i don't understand sir
Can i get your whatsapp contact
Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by BigDawsNet: 10:59am On Mar 19, 2022
Percy0006:

All this b1/b2 and bta i don't understand sir
Can i get your whatsapp contact

B1/B2:visa
A visa type for tourists visa..
The visa fee is stated earlier

Bta: basic travel allowance... Money at hand while traveling.. CBP at the US port of entry may wants to check...

All this information is not enough..
I'm just giving you like summary of things you should be aware of ..

1 Like

Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by Percy0006(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2022
BigDawsNet:

B1/B2:visa
A visa type for tourists visa..
The visa fee is stated earlier

Bta: basic travel allowance... Money at hand while traveling.. CBP at the US port of entry may wants to check...

All this information is not enough..
I'm just giving you like summary of things you should be aware of ..

Thanks bro now i get it.. i really appreciate

1 Like

Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by adigun27: 12:16am On Jun 24, 2022
I also fall in that category Plss can't my friend there stated it that he want to take care of my trip both flight
Re: What Else Do I Need If I Was Invited To USA.. by adigun27: 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Plss I need advice my friend there said he want to pay for the full trip of me and my wife

(1) (Reply)

Scenic Landing At Bayelsa International Airport: Pictures / If Every Nigerian In Canada And Uk Is Offered 1 Million Dollars Will They Japa / Whcih Airlines Can I Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.