Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,879 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic (590 Views)

Corruption: New Acting IG Usman Alkali Gets First Test On The Job / Coronavirus: Edo Government Pays Workers March Salaries To Cushion Effects / Senator Elisha Abbo: Lauretta Onochie Tells Police To Arrest Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2022
The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has urged police officers to pray for their salaries to be paid at the end of the month.

While delivering a lecture at the Force Headquarters in Abuja on Thursday, Mr Baba suggested that prayers by police officers may fast track the implementation of the new salary structure by March ending. 

“He also informed members that the new salary may be paid at the end of this month, (March 22) everyone should exercise patience and pray,” partly reads the document titled “Outcome of the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) lecture” which was seen by Peoples Gazette.

This is coming amid reports of a planned protest and strike by junior officers of the force, scheduled for March 26.

Although the acting force public relations officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, had debunked the report describing it as “fake news”, there are strong indications that the junior officers would embark on strike on the said date. 

The officers listed unpaid emoluments, outdated weapons, poor working conditions among other reasons for the planned protest.

In a desperately veiled attempt to placate the disgruntled officers and quell strike agitations, IGP offered to waive tax for all serving officers effective April 2022.

“The Inspector General of Police in his magnanimity has also ensured that all serving personnel be exempted from the payment of tax, with effect from April 2022,” reads the outcome of Mr Baba’s lecture. 

Similarly, the IGP assured officers he was “working tirelessly” to ensure that ,”both serving and retired members of the Force are removed from the contributory pension scheme.”

Despite these promises, the new salary structure remains a huge probability with the IGP asking officers to pray for its implementation.

https://gazettengr.com/please-pray-for-your-salaries-to-be-paid-this-month-ig-usman-tells-police-officers/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by Illuminatiship(m): 9:40am On Mar 19, 2022
shocked
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by flejnr2(f): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2022
do police even need salary with the bribe they are collecting ?
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by kinzation(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2022
grin grin grin
So olokpa salaries de God hand nawa o

Hello N'landers

I urgently need a loan of 50k which I'll be paying 10k monthly pending the time I start my new job.
I need to pay my rent badly

Please where or which loan app can I borrow from

Thanks
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by qekng40(f): 9:49am On Mar 19, 2022
Looting on board.... grin
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by osamz007: 9:49am On Mar 19, 2022
Buhari has finished this country totally.

Everything is on the high side

Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by Flexherbal(m): 10:14am On Mar 19, 2022
You gat still pray make your salary make you work for drop smiley
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by Totilopussylick(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2022
flejnr2:
grin

Nigerians no get joy for police officers matter cheesy

How much you think say them the collect from motorist wey make you think say them no need salary

Abi you think say na the #50naira wey them the collect go make them forget their salary
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2022
Olokpa collect salary wahala dey road; now wey dem no go get.
Lalasticlala. Hmmmmm
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by Esama: 10:36am On Mar 19, 2022
Some of this police not finished secondary school and you are demanding for 100k as a salary.
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by Abdullah36(m): 10:38am On Mar 19, 2022
flejnr2:
What would #50 or #100 do in this buhari regime
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by neonly: 10:59am On Mar 19, 2022
flejnr2:

Yes they do need salaries d bribe na side hustle
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by neonly: 11:02am On Mar 19, 2022
Esama:
Some of this police not finished secondary school and you are demanding for 100k as a salary.

In as much I hate d nigerian police force but if u know what dis guy go tru men u will pity them
It was maruwa dat really tryed for them in Lagos state then and Tafa
Let pity d police pls
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
E choke NPF.
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2022
Mynd44
Seun dem don pay?
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2022
kinzation:
grin grin grin
So olokpa salaries de God hand nawa o

Hello N'landers

I urgently need a loan of 50k which I'll be paying 10k monthly pending the time I start my new job.
I need to pay my rent badly

Please where or which loan app can I borrow from

Thanks
Olokpa I beg sir!

1 Like

Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2022
Police na ur friend be parable.
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by inoki247: 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2022
So na prayer session dem dey like diz...
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by LLiKYekoba: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2022
Totilopussylick:
grin

Nigerians no get joy for police officers matter cheesy

How much you think say them the collect from motorist wey make you think say them no need salary

Abi you think say na the #50naira wey them the collect go make them forget their salary

They are making 'MILLIONS' from road blocks.
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by JAMO84: 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2022
This useless online blog, People gazshit with their miserable headlines.
Re: Please Pray For Your Salaries To Be Paid This Month, IG Usman Tells Police Offic by ogododo: 8:28pm On Mar 19, 2022
JAMO84:
This useless online blog, People gazshit with their miserable headlines.

Jamiu de news de every where. Your bubu don destroy everything.

(1) (Reply)

Our Record Shows Nnamdi Kanu Still In Kenya: President Kenyatta’s Office / 2023: PDP Appoints 3 Govs, Makarfi Into Zoning C’ttee / Apc Propaganda made us believe GEJ Was Clueless in 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.