Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,014,581 members, 7,371,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 April 2023 at 02:08 AM
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health (94 Views)
|Health by NgwuSimon1996: 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2022|
Ways of Protecting Your Kidneys
In order to ensure the protection and safety of your kiddneys, the following are the ways among many on how to safeguard your kidneys:
1. Always Stay Hydrated. It is advisable you drink up to 3 litres of fluid (water) in a day. This helps in making sure sediments are washed away within your urinary tract. Please, do not hold your urine. Endeavour to urinate when the urge arises.
2. Do Away with Herbal Concussions. Some of these herbal drugs are medicinal, no doubt but their dosages are not sure. The dose you are taking might be toxic to your kidneys.
3. Don’t Bleach Your Skin. Some products in the bleaching creams are toxic to your kidneys. When you apply them on your skin, the skin absorbs them into your system.
4. Avoid abuse of pain relievers like Felvin, Ibufen and paracetamol. They are toxic to the kidneys and should only be used when necessary.
5. If you have hypertension or diabetes, please do well and be compliant with your medications and hospital appointments. Uncontrolled hypertension and diabetes can cause your kidneys to fail.
6. If you are a man and above 40 years and you find it difficult to urinate or you are urinating more frequently than usual, your prostrate may have enlarged. Enlarged prostrate with the above symptoms can place your kidneys at risk.
7. Avoid smoking and alcohol. These two things have a direct toxic effect to the kidneys.
8. Avoid hard drugs and stimulants. Most drugs are metabolized by the kidneys and their byproducts may be toxic to the kidneys. They could also make your blood pressure to rise.
9. Anytime you notice any change in the way you urinate, please visit the hospital. It could be in the form of pain while you urinate, blood in your urine, decrease in the volume of your urine, pus in your urine etc.
10. A yearly medical routine checks is a good idea.
The successful application of the tips above on how to safeguard your kidneys and its maintenance will go a long way to ensure the safety and healthiness of your kidneys.
|Re: Health by lilvicky68(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2022|
After safeguarding it what next??
|Re: Health by NgwuSimon1996: 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2022|
Purchase All Your Wellcare @htsplus.ng Today / Dental Surgeons In Mumbai / Ukraine War: NCFRMI, NiDCOM, PVC Naija Provide Therapy For Nigerian Returnees
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38