Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

30th Empowerment Programme: We're Consistent With Wealth Creation - Sen Oriolowo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 30th Empowerment Programme: We're Consistent With Wealth Creation - Sen Oriolowo (1577 Views)

Osun Senator, Oriolowo Empowers 50 Beneficiaries With 100 Cattle, Cash Grants / Senator Oriolowo, Oluwo, Others Lay Foundation For National Library In Iwo / House Of Reps Member Julius Pondi Shares N200 Garri As Empowerment Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

30th Empowerment Programme: We're Consistent With Wealth Creation - Sen Oriolowo by Jimsonjaat96(m): 7:59am On Mar 20, 2022
30th Empowerment Programme: We Are Consistent With Wealth Creation, Life Transformation Among Our Constituents, says Senator Oriolowo

The Senator representing Osun West Senatorial District in Osun state, Senator Adelere Oriolowo, on Friday distributed employment materials to his constituents in his 30th edition of his empowerment programmes and 4th edition of distribution of working tools in 2022.

The programme, which was in collaboration with National Directorate of Employment (NDE) was said to be a continuous bid to transform lives and create wealth for the constituents.

Speaking at the occasion in Iwo, Senator Oriolowo said the COVID-19 pandemic's ramifications for the Nigerian poverty index were all too clear, and its consequences for everybody were open secret, necessitating efforts as these.

Represented by the Honourable Ayofe Adisa Tajudeen, the Senator said: "these are my people, those that voted for me to represent them at the 9th National Assembly. We know what the Nigeria position is in the World Poverty Index. COVID-19 Pandemic also heightened the circumstances.

"It is our responsibility as a responsible government to provide for them. Thus, we continuously do these empowerment programmes. This is the 30th edition of it. It is our consistent efforts to transform lives and create wealth.

"We had mentioned this during our manifestos and we are doing it now, consistently.

"As a result, our empowerment programmes are aimed at reducing the negative effects of unemployment and the COVID-19 pandemic.

"These are our avid effort to pull people out of poverty, encourages a larger worldview, and allows them to critically engage with the concerns that define the trajectory of civilisation, employability, and human development..

"As a government, we are committed to building back a better and stronger solution to the problem of the people, which will be resistant to the eventualities of the new normal and personally, I am committed to improving the lives and livelihoods of my constituents through empowerment of my people.

It must not be forgotten that Nigeria, and indeed Africa, is still feeling the pangs of the pandemic. Some call it 'roll-over effect of the COVID-19 pandemic'."

The beneficiaries, in separate addresses with the pressmen, appreciated Senator Oriolowo and assured him of continued support.

Sulaimon Lawal, Acting Chairman of a branch of Road Transport Employees Association of Nigeria ( RTEAN), applauded the Senator for the provision of the items given.

"It has been a long time since we have been yearning for this. We asked and were given. We appreciate him."

In the same lane, the trio of misters Buhari Sarafa, Dauda Kolawole and Oyebade Kolawole who are beneficiaries of tricycles from Ede North local government and members of Tricycles Owners Association of Nigeria (TOAN) said, "Senator Oriolowo is a good representative. We told him what we were being deprived of and he instantly took it up. This is the result. You can all see it. This will bring a stop to some people's employability. We thank God for the man of honour and integrity that look into our problem. In fact we are indebted to him."

Empowerment materials donated to constituents of Osun West Senatorial District included tricycles, motorcycles, grinding machines, sewing machines, generators, hair dryers among others.

(1) (Reply)

Another Plane Crash At Ibadan? / Nigerian Billionaires Who Dropped Out Of School / For Three Years, I Lied To My Mother I Was In UNILAG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.