Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,298 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? (9201 Views)

Can An MTN SIM From Another African Country Roam In Nigeria? / Does This Mean I Don’t Need A 4G Sim From Mtn Anymore? / Things To Note About Borrowing Airtime In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
Happy Sunday, Nairalanders.

Pls pardon any typos.

For the past 6 months now, my junior sister has developed this bad habit of always using my mums phone to borrow outrageous amount of airtime — sometimes, #1k to 2k. And whenever you ask her she would always lie without blinking an eyelid. At the moment, I still have about 1k left to clear. Before then, I had already planned to buy her a phone to at least keep her company, but I don't know if I should go on with the plan or abort it.

Furthermore, she has also formed the habit of giving out my mums number wherever she goes, and my mum is always complaining that most of the contacts in her phone were not saved by her. I don't know if it's because she has access to the phone cos there's no way my mum can keep the phone in the house without her seeing or touching it.

Most at times, some unknown numbers do call my mum and whenever they hear her voice, they will immediately cut the call. Even my aunt has tried to caution her, but she will just pretend like she has stopped it, but after a day or two, the calls would start rolling in again. I'm tired of scolding and shouting at her. Infact, it seems like the more I'm trying to caution her, it is the more she gets courageous to continue doing it. This girl is about turning 15.

So I ask, pls is there a code I can press to stop her line from borrowing airtime — at least, till further notice?

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Help me get this to FP pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
What sim is she using?
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 3:37pm On Mar 20, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
What sim is she using?

MTN.
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Zonefree(m): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
Get your sister a small phone and avoid creating unnecessary threads.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
Cakkie:

MTN.
dial *136*774*3#

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by IGNigintLtd(m): 3:53pm On Mar 20, 2022
IamBabsjnr:

dial *136*774*3#

How did you know this code is used for blocking sim from borrowing airtime??
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 3:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
IamBabsjnr:

dial *136*774*3#

Pls would she be restricted from borrowing, if yes, can it also be reversed?
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by KJtemi: 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
IamBabsjnr:
What sim is she using?
you see mtn picture for the post you still Dey ask
This post come be like an mtn ad
If not say to borrow credit don tey I for talk say na ad

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
Cakkie:

Pls would she be restricted from borrowing, if yes, can it also be reversed?
she would be restricted from borrowing and it can be reversed.
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
IamBabsjnr:

she would be restricted from borrowing and it can be reversed.

Hum. Ok. How can it be reversed?
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by DeathToAfonja: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Block from now until next year

As long as she doesn't have a phone

She'll definitely find out a way to unblock it just like she found out a way to borrow with it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by TATALoAlaMu: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2022
Buy her a phone and stop whining. shocked
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by khalhokage(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
Buy her a phone, if she borrows with it it'll be her own responsibility to repay the loan and that should be enough of a deterrent.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
Lock the phone and give your mom the password. Simple!

Don't buy her any phone. Youll only be encouraging her to spoil. She'll soon start stealing money or sleeping around with men for money when she runs out of airtime and data.

19 Likes

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Gadafii: 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
Make your Mama buy those types of phone pouch you can tie rop on and hang the phone on her neck with that, the upcoming slay queen will have limited access to the phone, or make she password the phone if na Android, because like this, even if you block the Sim, she might find a way around it.

Don't buy her phone yet as well

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by YourFavorite21(m): 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
She is still too small to own a phone, tell your mum to put a pin or password on her phone, and also keep the phone away from her reach.

Na wetin my kid bro dey do, he go borrow airtime use am dey play game of throne. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Timagex(m): 9:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
Everybody with their own wahala... cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 10:51pm On Mar 20, 2022
khalhokage:
Buy her a phone, if she borrows with it it'll be her own responsibility to repay the loan and that should be enough of a deterrent.

I'm also considering this. Thanks btw.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 11:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
Mercychen:
Lock the phone and give your mom the password. Simple!

Don't buy her any phone. Youll only be encouraging her to spoil. She'll soon start stealing money or sleeping around with men for money when she runs out of airtime and data.

Ok. But my mum doesn't want that kind of stress that comes with locking and unlocking her phone before she gets to make a call.

Don't you think I should get her a phone and a new sim cos I don't think she would be able to start borrowing immediately with it, as she will have to wait for a while — as per MTN's policy?

No. She can't dare it. she knows what I'm capable of doing.
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Cakkie(m): 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
Gadafii:
Make your Mama buy those types of phone pouch you can tie rop on and hang the phone on her neck with that, the upcoming slay queen she will have limited access to the phone, or make she password the phone if na Android, because like this, even if you block the Sim, she might find a way around it.

Don't buy her phone yet as well

YourFavorite21:
She is still too small to own a phone, tell your mum to put a pin or password on her phone, and also keep the phone away from her reach.

Na wetin my kid bro dey do, he go borrow airtime use am dey play game of throne. grin grin

Noted.
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Samfloxin(m): 11:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
Go and watch the video where Bianca slapped Mrs Obiano , study that slap very well and administer two doses on your sister, she go dey ok finally.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by jikins(m): 6:51am On Mar 21, 2022
Cakkie:

Ok. But my mum doesn't want that kind of stress that comes with locking and unlocking her phone before she gets to make a call.

Don't you think I should get her a phone and a new sim cos I don't think she would be able to start borrowing immediately with it, as she will have to wait for a while — as per MTN's policy?

Dem give you advice you dey do she can't dare it. Person way nor fear you to stop using your mums phone. You think she will now fear you to not do what she wants to get money. Use finger print lock, it's not that stressful, with time your mom will get used to it. Don't get that girl a phone yet. Wait until she is older.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by pmc01(m): 7:22am On Mar 21, 2022
YourFavorite21:

grin grin grin

Imagine! Kids can be funny.
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by Axis313(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2022
Simply tell your mum to put screen lock code on the phone,so she won't have access to i.
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by BigDawsNet: 9:55am On Mar 21, 2022
Cakkie:
Happy Sunday, Nairalanders.

Pls pardon any typos.

For the past 6 months now, my junior sister has developed this bad habit of always using my mums phone to borrow outrageous amount of airtime — sometimes, #1k to 2k. And whenever you ask her she would always lie without blinking an eyelid. At the moment, I still have about 1k left to clear. Before then, I had already planned to buy her a phone to at least keep her company, but I don't know if I should go on with the plan or abort it.

Furthermore, she has also formed the habit of giving out my mums number wherever she goes, and my mum is always complaining that most of the contacts in her phone were not saved by her. I don't know if it's because she has access to the phone cos there's no way my mum can keep the phone in the house without her seeing or touching it.

Most at times, some unknown numbers do call my mum and whenever they hear her voice, they will immediately cut the call. Even my aunt has tried to caution her, but she will just pretend like she has stopped it, but after a day or two, the calls would start rolling in again. I'm tired of scolding and shouting at her. Infact, it seems like the more I'm trying to caution her, it is the more she gets courageous to continue doing it. This girl is about turning 15.

So I ask, pls is there a code I can press to stop her line from borrowing airtime — at least, till further notice?

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44. Help me get this to FP pls.

You have to get her personal phone...

Even if it's not internet connected phone... I believe she's at the level where friends/potential bf dey shark her ...

Get her small phone...so she can stay connected with her friends

1 Like

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by ibizgirl(f): 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
Buy her a phone get her Airtel SIM and run Post Paid plan for her. On this plan she can't borrow, she can't do night plan and she can't even do small plans of N100. If interested call Joy on 08022220089

Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by AllKnowing: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cakkie:

You put motion detectors there?
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by davidowizkid: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2022
AllKnowing:

You put motion detectors there?
Hello sir in regards to the poland WhatsApp group I will like to be added,my email here on nairaland.com I can get into it
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by AllKnowing: 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2022
davidowizkid:

Hello sir in regards to the poland WhatsApp group I will like to be added,my email here on nairaland.com I can get into it

I already sent you the link, Sir
Re: How Can I Block My Mum's Sim From Borrowing Airtime? by davidowizkid: 10:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
AllKnowing:

I already sent you the link, Sir
Sorry I am locked out of my email
And nairaland is not allowing me to change it
09047851220 add me up thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have #18,000 And I Need Suggestions On A Good Android Phone To Buy. / My regrets / Take A Picture Of Whatever Is In Front Of You And Upload It Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.