Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark (413 Views)

Reno Omokri Swims In The Bermuda Triangle As A Shark Almost Eats Him (Videos) / What Ojukwu Said About Awo, Gowon, Biafra, The War And The Future Of Nigeria / Atiku Vs. Buhari: Caught Between Two Evils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark by NigeriaAbroad: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ukraine: Pregnant Nigerian student is trapped between war and a loan shark back home.

Life in a refugee camp in Warsaw has left Vera* (surname withheld) without much to do other than reflect on all the war has cost her after she fled Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital.

After more than three years at a Ukrainian university, she is left with little proof of her hard work and investment in her education but also financial uncertainty back home in Nigeria.

“I wouldn’t say my dreams are shattered,” she said. “They’re just on hold.”

In 2019, Vera, now 24, moved abroad to study international relations at East Ukrainian National University in Luhansk, thanks to nearly $16,000 in savings and money from her family.

“It was no small [effort],” she told Al Jazeera. “[So], It had to be worth it. I had to work hard to succeed.”

A year later, the coronavirus pandemic struck. Vera moved to Kyiv to continue her degree remotely, where she paid for her school fees with money earned as a part-time cleaner.

Before the first bombs fell, she had no plans to leave, until Russian President Vladmir Putin authorized the invasion of Ukraine and shelling began...Click on the link below to read the complete post.

https://nigeriabroad.com/ukraine--pregnant-nigerian-student-is-trapped-between-war-and-a-loan-shark-back-home

Mynd44, Om4J
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark by rickpat(m): 3:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
really sad,...after much struggle to go get a better life...your dream will come good girl!!
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark by Gentlerespect76: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2022
NigeriaAbroad:
Ukraine: Pregnant Nigerian student is trapped between war and a loan shark back home.

Life in a refugee camp in Warsaw has left Vera* (surname withheld) without much to do other than reflect on all the war has cost her after she fled Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital.

After more than three years at a Ukrainian university, she is left with little proof of her hard work and investment in her education but also financial uncertainty back home in Nigeria.

“I wouldn’t say my dreams are shattered,” she said. “They’re just on hold.”

In 2019, Vera, now 24, moved abroad to study international relations at East Ukrainian National University in Luhansk, thanks to nearly $16,000 in savings and money from her family.

“It was no small [effort],” she told Al Jazeera. “[So], It had to be worth it. I had to work hard to succeed.”

A year later, the coronavirus pandemic struck. Vera moved to Kyiv to continue her degree remotely, where she paid for her school fees with money earned as a part-time cleaner.

Before the first bombs fell, she had no plans to leave, until Russian President Vladmir Putin authorized the invasion of Ukraine and shelling began...Click on the link below to read the complete post.

https://nigeriabroad.com/ukraine--pregnant-nigerian-student-is-trapped-between-war-and-a-loan-shark-back-home

Mynd44, Om4J
There is yet hope for the living. Those who sow in tears shall return reaping with joy!
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark by BSdetective: 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
Russia is giving scholarships to Nigerian students whose education was disrupted by the conflict.....if you can leave Nigeria to study in Ukraine there's no issue with you continuing in Russia.

Plus how did she get pregnant and Where's the guy responsible.
Re: Pregnant Nigerian Woman In Ukraine Is Caught Between War And A Loan Shark by Mofun: 4:40pm On Mar 20, 2022
It's pathetic. However, there is hope of a better future provided she doesn't give up.

#Kindly take a look at my signature.

(1) (Reply)

I didnt apply for the job of wrestling, Tinubu seems to "Shade" Amaechi (vid) / APC Confirms Tonye Cole As Consensus Candidate For Rivers Gubernatorial Election / Atiku Inaugurate G32 Committee For Purposes Of Galvanizing Delegates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.