Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola (439 Views)

Thread for Corrola 2007-2012 sales. / Help! My Car Is Leaking Oil! / Toyota 2ZR-FE Engine for corrola 2007 till date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by HonourablePomk: 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2022
I got a corrola sports not too long ago naija use. Recently I noticed little water leaks from the front passenger side. Somebody who sat there said it’s cold. I went to ac people and they said water only goes out through one pipe and I was shown the pipe and it was put very well inside the hole that leaks outside. I don’t know where this little cold water comes from I just see it on the footmat. Please what can be the issue? And how can I resolve it?
Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by greggng: 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=HonourablePomk post=111207948]I got a corrola sports not too long ago naija use. Recently I noticed little water leaks from the front passenger side. Somebody who sat there said it’s cold. I went to ac people and they said water only goes out through one pipe and I was shown the pipe and it was put very well inside the hole that leaks outside. I don’t know where this little cold water comes from I just see it on the footmat. Please what can be the issue? And how can I resolve it?[/quote

Does it have open roof?
If yes , you have to give your car to a good panel beater to fix it.. Also look underneath for rust .
Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by HonourablePomk: 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=greggng post=111210930][/quote]

Yes it has open roof. Rain fell once and I saw water dripping inside. The hose was blocked and it got fixed.

The water I’m talking about is dropping little by little from under the dashboard in the passengers side.

Also, how does rust come into play?

The water is seen on top of the footmat under the passenger side dashboard
Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by greggng: 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2022
HonourablePomk:

Yes it has open roof. Rain fell once and I saw water dripping inside. The hose was blocked and it got fixed.

The water I’m talking about is dropping little by little from under the dashboard in the passengers side.

If you are talking about the floor of a car ...then rust is responsible .
Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by MrMurphy1: 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2022
This happened to me about a year ago....
It was nothing but the evaporator pipe that runs through the left side of the front passenger seat....
Try to re fix properly....make sure it goes in to a reasonable length....
If still persists, then change the pipe...
Don't panic...... Just do that by urself.....

quote author=HonourablePomk post=111211115]

The water is seen on top of the footmat under the passenger side dashboard[/quote]
Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by pharmaking: 9:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
I once had this issue but only when it rains.
It floods the passage foot mat when it rains and and each time i switch on the heater to defog my windscreen, it was like a rushing tap.

When I got to the panel beater, he removed the cover below the windscreen outside and I saw a gutter and a drain underneath the windscreen.

The cover I am talking about is outside, just beneath the windscreen. The whole work was done from outside, dashboard was not touched.

The drain was blocked with mud and dust that had accumulated over the years.That was where rain water ought to drain off to the ground.

The vent that sucks in air into the heater is close to the gutter, so because the gutter is blocked, each time it rains, water overflows into the vent and drops on passenger's footmat.If I switch on the heater, it sucks in more flood of water, hence the tap rush.

After clearing the drain/gutter, that was the last time I experienced that embarrassment.

If your experience is similar, you may get a panel beater have it checked.

See the black cover underneath the wiper.

Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by HonourablePomk: 9:21pm On Mar 20, 2022
MrMurphy1:

It was nothing but the evaporator pipe that runs through the left side of the front passenger seat....

quote author=HonourablePomk post=111211115]

The water I’m talking about isn’t rain water. I see it when the weather is clear. It drops little by little on the right hand passenger side front seat. Just under the dashboard. Little drops. I don’t know what the fault is.
Re: Please What Causes Water Leaking Inside My Corrola by Amaaf(m): 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2022
[quote author=MrMurphy1 post=111212396]

This � right here is your problem.

Open the passenger side's rug, you will see the hose. It's not in position, just fix it properly.

If you have been observant, you would realise the water wouldn't be there when you didn't use AC.

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2009 Toyota Corolla Xle / Honda Accord 2005 Clean EOD For Sale / Toks Toyota Camry 2008 For Sale @ 3.6m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.