Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? (165 Views)

Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness / Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? / The USA Is Backing Us,vacate The Sourtheast In 48hours Or Face Serious Trouble . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by Onyewarri(m): 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2022
Often times during disagreement or confrontations most people hardly back down or back off. This is because people often associate the act with weakness or see it as a win for the opposition.

Hence, issues that probably would have amounted to nothing or ended with verbal talks ends up being escalated to very serious problems sometimes resulting in deaths and or heavy damages to life and properties.

Marriages destroyed because a spouse refused to back down.

Businesses and interests ended and destroyed because a party or team refused to back down.

Disputes escalated to full blown wars because of leaders refusal to back down.

Families thrown into chaos because a family member refused to back down or back off.

Personally, I see the act as a strength, a show of maturity and a form of rational thinking in the face of opposition.

After all, " A good warrior knows when to fight".
Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by abdulhadi101(m): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by chatinent: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
It depends on the situation.
Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by Uprightness100(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2022
If there are 2 Captains in a ship, the ship is very likely to Capsize. In a Home or office Scneario Backing off/ Down in an argument is maturity and Strength.

Personally, I so much Hate to Exchange words or Banters. What I do is that I tell you what I know and I leave you argue with yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by Onyewarri(m): 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2022
chatinent:

Regardless of the situation. We shouldn't let our emotions or ego get the better of us.
Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by Onyewarri(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Uprightness100:
If there are 2 Captains in a ship, the ship is very likely to Capsize. In a Home or office Scneario Backing off/ Down in an argument is maturity and Strength.

Personally, I Hate to Exchange words or Banters. What I do is that I tell you what I know and I leave you argue with yourself.

Same here.
Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:09pm On Mar 20, 2022
Exactly

chatinent:
Re: Is Backing Off/Backing Down A Sign Of Weakness Or Strength? by Onyewarri(m): 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2022
Backing off/down doesn't mean you are letting go or giving up, regardless of what others might think. It means you chose not confront or engage an opposition at that particular time, place or under certain circumstances.

Depends on how you use it. It can even be of advantage to you.

(1) (Reply)

700ton Self Propelled Barge.... Tanker Vessel For Sell / I Feel Like Committing Sucide��� / Contract Hypocrisy: Amaechi (security) Vs Pantami (5G)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.