Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Top 10 Best Guard Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Top 10 Best Guard Dogs (879 Views)

100% Pedigree Boabeoul. I Love Guard Dogs. Rate This One For Me. / Presa Canario Mastiff Best Guard Breed / Quality Puppy From Massive Imported BoerBoel Guard Dogs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Guard Dogs by Tinizie8(m): 12:32am On Mar 21, 2022
As a dog lover I have encountered numerous dog breeds and currently a breeder of the presa canario. I have considered a lot of factors before coming out with my decision such as drive, innate guarding ability,power,trainability, etc. However this is purely my opinion.

10: Cane Corso- Originates in Italy, this breed was once used to hunt wild game and also protect livestocks but now is considered a companion dog and also a guard dog. The cane corso is more agile than the rest of its mastiff family. Great with family this breed makes a good but not excellent guardian and also needs strong leadership

9:Bull Mastiff- This English breed was developed purely for guarding, its strength and power makes it a solid guardian. However, due to its stubborn nature this breed is very difficult to train so stays low on my list

8:Dogo Argentino- This Argentinian mastiff was breed for hunting large game. Very powerful and imposing and also protective towards its owner, this is an adventurous dog that needs a lot of excercise. Very protective of its kids and tend to misread the situation by attacking other kids to protect its kids.

7: Caucasian Shepherd- Bred for guarding livestock, this breed makes a good guardian because of its size and protective instinct although can be quite stubborn and dominant.

6: Fila brasilerio- This breed originates in Brazil, bred for hunting,tracking and also guarding. It is known to be very aggressive.

5:Rottweiler- This breed is from Germany and was bred to herd cattle and protect livestock. Sellers in the market often used to have their Rottweilers accompany them with the purpose of storing their money in the neck pouch of the Rottweiler. It was said that the neck of a Rottweiler was saver than a bank. Today this breed is more of a guardian as it’s very territorial

4:Dobberman- Originates in Germany and bred for personal protection, this breed makes a good guardian however not as fearsome as it used to be since most of its aggressive traits has been bred out.

3:Boerboel- A South African mastiff, this breed was bred to guard livestock, great size and power.This dog makes a good guardian.

2.Presa Canario- This breed is from the canary island bred for fighting and also guarding livestock. Today this breed makes an excellent guardian. It has a natural guarding instinct great strength and very suspicious of strangers and does not fear intruders of any kind

1. German Shepard :A German breed bred for herding. Today this dog is a multipurpose dog makes an excellent guardian due to its intelligence and guarding instinct. Highly trainable and very territorial.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Best Guard Dogs by mariovito(m): 12:43am On Mar 21, 2022
Post pictures to drive your point nearer home.
Re: Top 10 Best Guard Dogs by godofuck231: 1:32am On Mar 21, 2022
mariovito:
Post pictures to drive your point nearer home.

2. pitbull , God help you
3. dobberman pinscher extreme intelligence 5 parts hitter 5 parts killer , an assassins guard dog
4. Rottweiler , another assassin both 2 and 3 can be programmed for one purpose "killing"
5. Boerboel
6. Austrian magnolia, combat dogs
7. German shepherd dog
8 Caucasian shepherd
9. Bloodhound, extreme intelligence and capabilities ,hardly barks could be deadly when they stop barking
to sniff and track targets ,used for hunting escapees
10. Serbian husky
I purposely left the worst for number 1

1. Wolf hybrid...................... no signal kill yourself

(1) (Reply)

BOERBOEL For Sale / How Do Dogs See / Rottweiler Puppies Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.