Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? (619 Views)

A Peep Into The Future..Does Nigeria Have What It Takes To Be A Leader Nation? / How Much Does Nigeria Make From Oil Daily. / Is Nigeria Worth Dying For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? by nogames: 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2011
Any time i remember how we treat our heroes both died and living this is the question that comes across my mind. Late Fawehinmi like many others used most of his life time to fight injustice. No doubt he was one of most respected human right activist. He was privileged but prefer to lived among less privilege, He was rich but spent is whole life to fight for poor and oppressed, He forth the evil regime of IBB and Abacha to stand still,
He died because he believed in Nigeria, according to his son, he refused to be flown abroad for medical treatment believed in Nigeria Doctors but they could not diagnose his sickness,until he was flew abroad but then it was too late
The same thing happened to his first son the young man is now permanently on wheel chair,
There was a time during military regime according to him, he has to move around with 3 things , his cup, brush and tooth paste. he believed that he can be arrested any time.

If Fawehinmi was from America he would have been another Marthin Luther King, But what does it get from all effort? nothing, He does not even remember to be immortalized. what a cruel nation,
His immediate consistency (the mass) refuse to give him befitting respect, all these and many more make me worry, if this nation truly worth of dieing for,
Re: Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2011
In a nutshell, no. At least not me.
Re: Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? by Natasha2(f): 12:08am On Jul 02, 2011
hmmmmmmm I don't know undecided
Re: Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? by tpia5: 12:50am On Jul 02, 2011
I think the late fawehinmi would prefer you spent more time improving yourself (eg your grammar) instead of lamenting pointlessly.
Re: Does Nigeria Worth Dieing For ? by Sparkle777(f): 5:53am On Jul 02, 2011
Maybe one day in the future. Some great man will be remebered.

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Know About Islamic Bank? / Uniosun / Mukina2 Oun-ban Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.