Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? (1036 Views)

Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / A Pregnant Woman's Maternity Photoshoot Sparks Outrage On Facebook (Photos) / Why I Refuse To Help A Pregnant Woman, What Can You Say On This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? by FullBlastLight: 4:08pm On Mar 21, 2022
What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman’s Stomach Mean?

The dark line that appears in the majority of pregnant women is called the linea nigra, and it is perfectly natural to feel this way during or after pregnancy.

What causes a linea nigra to form on the tummy of a pregnant woman?

When a woman becomes pregnant, her hormone levels are likely to fluctuate. A woman’s body may manufacture extra melanin during pregnancy, resulting in a dark pregnancy line known as linea nigra. It is more prevalent in dark-skinned women.

How long does it take for the linea nigra to vanish?

When a woman delivers birth, the linea nigra gradually begins to fade away, primarily when hormone levels return to pre-pregnancy levels.

Thus, it is typical for the black line on the tummy to vanish following birth. You do not need medication or treatment. It will naturally disappear.

Therefore, you should not be afraid as to be applying a cream to eliminate the black line, as such products might cause skin irritation.

Please note that the linea nigra is not dangerous to you or your baby during pregnancy.

You do not require medical therapy or medication to cure it.

Couples and pregnant women should be aware that linea nigra occurs during pregnancy as a result of hormonal changes in the skin.

It is no cause for alarm and normally subsides after childbirth. Healthline reports

I do appreciate your time reading this.

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/your-body/linea-nigra_40008034

1 Like

Re: What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? by BabbanBura(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
FullBlastLight:
What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman’s Stomach Mean?

The dark line that appears in the majority of pregnant women is called the linea nigra, and it is perfectly natural to feel this way during or after pregnancy.

What causes a linea nigra to form on the tummy of a pregnant woman?

When a woman becomes pregnant, her hormone levels are likely to fluctuate. A woman’s body may manufacture extra melanin during pregnancy, resulting in a dark pregnancy line known as linea nigra. It is more prevalent in dark-skinned women.

How long does it take for the linea nigra to vanish?

When a woman delivers birth, the linea nigra gradually begins to fade away, primarily when hormone levels return to pre-pregnancy levels.

Thus, it is typical for the black line on the tummy to vanish following birth. You do not need medication or treatment. It will naturally disappear.

Therefore, you should not be afraid as to be applying a cream to eliminate the black line, as such products might cause skin irritation.

Please note that the linea nigra is not dangerous to you or your baby during pregnancy.

You do not require medical therapy or medication to cure it.

Couples and pregnant women should be aware that linea nigra occurs during pregnancy as a result of hormonal changes in the skin.

It is no cause for alarm and normally subsides after childbirth. Healthline reports

I do appreciate your time reading this.

https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy/your-body/linea-nigra_40008034

Thanks for this info, I have being curious about this black line. I see it on some single babes, does it mean they got pregnant at a time in their lives?
Re: What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? by Jeon(f): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
BabbanBura:

Thanks for this info, I have being curious about this black line. I see it on some single babes, does it mean they got pregnant at a time in their lives?

LET ME EDUCATE YOU SMALL.

does develop in men, nonpregnant women, and even children. A linea nigra isn't harmful.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? by eedhrisademola(m): 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2022
Jeon:

LET ME EDUCATE YOU SMALL.

does develop in men, nonpregnant women, and even children. A linea nigra isn't harmful.
Okay Oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? by Jeon(f): 10:34pm On Mar 21, 2022
eedhrisademola:
Okay Oo.

wink

1 Like

Re: What Does The Dark Straight Line On A Pregnant Woman's Stomach Mean? by dayabiuuku: 5:23am On Mar 22, 2022
Isn't it the line where they did ,CS Caesarian section for her?

Pls elucidate!

(1) (Reply)

‘my Husband Impregnated My Househelp And Kicked Us Out’,- Woman With Kids (vid) / Get The Mr Or Mrs Right / After Marriage, Will The Groom Go To The Bride's Church Or Vice Versa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.