Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter (1907 Views)

SOLDDISTRESSEDES: A Four Bedroom Duplex & Two Bedrooms Flat At Magboro, Ogun Sta / For Sale - 5 Bedroom Duplex With 2 Rooms Boys Quarters @coop Villa, Ajah, Lagos / House For Sale,5 Bedroom With Two Rooms Boys Quarter @ Gwarinpa,charley Boy Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 5:17pm On Mar 21, 2022
I promised last week to creat this thread for this project. I haven't being online recently to keep up with updating my threads. The current project is time demanding because client came back from the state and wants the project finish as fast as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2022
This is the picture of the drawing handed to me for this project and the architectural design of the ground floor.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
That's backfilling of the foundation going on here.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 8:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
That's machine rammering going on after watering the area and filling sank portion a day before. We had to spray dry laterite on some areas to enable the machine move smoothly.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2022
Day 1 of Laying of DPC membrane and casting @700/bag going on simultaneously as well as rammering.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 8:44pm On Mar 21, 2022
Day 2 of casting which happens to be on a Sunday. I had to pay @800/bag to get it finished

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Forming work and raising of the walls to lintel level same day.
All the block works took 3 days with 8 masons on the 1st day, 4 masons on 2nd and 3rd day respectively.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2022
Still on Block work

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
Forming of design pillar with GPower I.T students

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:21pm On Mar 21, 2022
Boarding and casting of the lintels

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:52pm On Mar 21, 2022
The leveling was done on Saturday and completed on Sunday. Boarding of the deck started on Sunday to finish tomorrow. Iron/reinforcement work going on too.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
Staircase

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 11:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
The current stage of work right now.
Its has been 18 days since the project started and 26 days left to roofing hopefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 9:58pm On Mar 23, 2022
Work in progress......It seems the pace of the work has slowed down due to the reinforcement work on the decking.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 2:15pm On Mar 25, 2022
Progress of the work as l type now on mate.
The carpenter since morning has switched off his phone and he is needed to finish some board works.

The guy for the designer pillar really impressed me with his work. He was referred by the house owner.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2022
My carpenter replicating this staircase. I promise to buy him drink if he gets it perfectly.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2022
So far so good

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2022
Casting of the deck going on. It was hectic trying to control the traffic. 16 labourers did 126 bags @900. The decking will be concluded tomorrow and block forming of the first floor will start simultaneously.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 12:45am On Mar 31, 2022
The deck as of yesterday morning and yesterday evening. The remaining casting was completed with 68 bags@900.
All forming works for the first floor started yesterday morning for area casted day before yesterday. We were able to achieve 70% of the block works on the first floor and raise the wall to lintel level. 5 masons worked @50/block and l booked labourers to supply the blocks @15/block to the first floor which brings the total to @65/block. Funny enough the masons insisted on 70/block initially but accept 50/block when l split the price but their labourers will not supply block to the first floor.

The carpenter and iron bender are completing the round staircase.
The original plan was L shape but client needed something different. We came up with the circular staircase though the last lap was not observed leaving as curved staircase.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by erico2k2(m): 2:42am On Mar 31, 2022
kalu61:
I promised last week to creat this thread for this project. I haven't being online recently to keep up with updating my threads. The current project is time demanding because client came back from the state and wants the project finish as fast as possible.
Hmm following

1 Like

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2022
Completing the form works of the first floor going on and 3 masons are working today.

Casting of the inside staircase

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2022
It been an adventurous day at the site.
3 Masons worked a combined 830 blocks @50/block and the labourers supplies 1079 @15/block. We have achieved 91% of all the block works on the first floor.

Setting out of boys quarters was done and excavation started immediately. Bungalow is in the original plan but l adviced my client to go for small upstairs as this will create more space in the compound, the bungalow will cover some part of the main building thereby concealing the design pillar which is the beautiful of the house and the cost difference is not really much. So, you can see the bungalow is almost lapping at the fence.

Reinforcement and boarding of the Riser still going on in the curved staircase.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 10:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
This 29th day restarted this project meant to last 6 weeks. Client came back from the state and will be going back by Sunday.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
The staircase is ready for use after 11bags of cement were used at 1:4:5 as well as the foundation for the boys quarter.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 7:39am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy Easter Friday to our Christian brethren.

There haven't been much work going for now. Client is still molding some blocks as requested. We are waiting for the deck to reach 21 days after casting to remove the board before adding more weight to it.

Meanwhile, the block work of the boys quarter foundation is going on as the plastering of the soak away. This was yesterday's picture. The filling and leveling will continue today.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 1:30pm On May 03, 2022
Decking curing completed (23 days) and loosing of deck completed as well.

The boarding of the first floor column and beams(Pillars and Lintels) have started. 4 carpenters are working with 3 persons doing the casting.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 1:33pm On May 03, 2022
Boarding

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 1:39pm On May 03, 2022
Getting ready for casting

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 8:24pm On May 03, 2022
So far so go.

Leveling starts tomorrow with 3 masons while and boarding and casting of remaining area will continue.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 3:13pm On May 06, 2022
The level is still ongoing with two Manson contracted to complete the work before Sunday. It's day two today. The picture below was yesterday's work program.
Over 370 blocks were laid @65/block.

I will update you with today's pictures by evening.
Completion of the columns and beams will be today with the parlour area remaining.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 1:18am On May 10, 2022
German floor completed for the boys quarter. The leveling of the parlour area has been hectic as most of the masons protested the amount/block. I had to give in to 70/block from 65/block.

Re: Construction of Eight Bedrooms Duplex & Two Rooms Boys Quarter by kalu61(m): 1:21am On May 10, 2022
Raising of the parlour wall areas to lintel level have been completed with reinforcement.
The forming of the boys quarter was done yesterday and the walls raised to the level you are seeing. If not for the rain that came in the evening, the 9 courses would have been achieved.

3 masons worked here @50/block and they were able to lay 580 blocks. One person will complete it tomorrow. The iron will start cutting and tying of his continuation pillars and lintels reinforcements

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Fenced Plot Of Land At Baruwa Estate, Ipaja, Lagos For Sale. / 2 Bedroom Flat For Letting In Abuja , 1 Yr Payment Term Allowed With Pictures / Tokunbo Tiny Light Camry - N1.05m - Ac- V4 - 08098508092

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.