Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

The Experience That Changed Everything - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Experience That Changed Everything (195 Views)

NPOWER Has Changed My Career Prospect. / Share The Experience Of Your Typical Day At Work.. Here's Mine! / Name A Book That Changed Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Experience That Changed Everything by TEACHARIGHT: 8:45am On Mar 22, 2022
The day started like any other day. I wasn't expecting much other than getting to my place of primary assignment (PPA) with the local government inspector (LI or LGI). Although that was not my original posting (a story for another day).

The purpose of the visit to my supposed PPA was to sort out some things which the LI wasn't pleased with, as the experience of all corps members that had been posted to that particular area had not been good and he also needed to sort out a corps member who was without posting.

As we approached a well-tarred road, ahead was this school with a serene environment that was captivating. The LI decided to see whether there was space for the other corps member at that school.
...... still typing
Re: The Experience That Changed Everything by TEACHARIGHT: 8:48am On Mar 22, 2022
I wished I could work there as we neared the school's magnificent gate. I instantly pushed the idea of working in such a lovely location to the back of my thoughts. We were let into the school after following all of the procedures at the gate.

WOW! The architectural design of the school structures, as well as the overall cleanliness of the school, were remarkable. As we exited the car and headed towards the administrative building, I had to boost my confidence level to match the environment I was in. Another protocol of seeing the principal was observed, then the LI was ushered into the principal's office while we waited at the reception.
Re: The Experience That Changed Everything by TEACHARIGHT: 8:59am On Mar 22, 2022
From the photos in the reception area, I could tell the principal was a "white man".
The other corps member was quickly summoned to the principal's office. I had no idea they were going to give us an audience in the first place. So, as soon as the other corps member walked into the office, I figured there could be a chance for her.
I kept referring to her as the other corps member because I didn't know her name and I perceived she preferred to keep to herself. She spent close to 20 minutes in the office before she was out. I wanted to ask her how it went but the look on her face discouraged me from asking.

As I was about to pick up one of the school's yearbooks on the stool close to where I sat, the secretary beckoned to me to go into the principal's office. What could be happening? Did LI tell the principal something about me? My heart began to pound furiously!

....still typing
Re: The Experience That Changed Everything by TEACHARIGHT: 9:09am On Mar 22, 2022
I knocked on the door and just waited for a few seconds before entering. Immediately, I stepped into the office, I greeted, and he told me to have a seat, pointing to the vacant seat beside the LI. I approached the seat cautiously, trying not to allow my jittering to show. In my mind, I was like, "Yes, you are in for it today. We will see how you will be able to converse with the man by the time he starts to speak through his nose.

At that point, I figured the best course of action was to be as alert as possible. I simply stated my name and discipline when he asked me to introduce myself. Then, he asked if I would like to teach at the school.

For real! I thought I didn't hear well. Mind you, I was sitting on the edge of the chair the entire time, trying to catch up with as many of his remarks as possible. I nodded in response to his inquiry, then remembered what my elementary school teacher used to say, never nod in response to a question, so I immediately replied "yes" at the same time nodding. He went on to describe some expectations, the majority of which I missed. Eventually, he asked if I had any questions.

QUESTION!

...still typing
Re: The Experience That Changed Everything by TEACHARIGHT: 9:46am On Mar 22, 2022
I quickly racked my brain for a question, at the same time, I felt I shouldn't ask a question that would prompt further discussion. What is your name? That was the question that came out of my mouth.

In my mind, I already condemned myself for asking a dumb question.

To my amazement, he was excited about the question. He took one of his complimentary cards from the case on the table and held it out to me. As I stretched my hand to take it from him, he asked me to pronounce the name on the card.
(I was like, "You see, you've asked for trouble!" We will see how you pronounce the name now).

With the excitement the question had produced, I knew I shouldn't flunk this one as I held the card with all eyes on me. I just prayed in my heart that God should help me pass this test, and I promised that if I said it correctly, I would never sin again. Lol!
Re: The Experience That Changed Everything by TEACHARIGHT: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2022
Everything happened in the blink of an eye. From staring at the card, I raised my head and spoke what I assumed his name should be.

....still typing

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Copyright Free Images From Google / How To Start Okirika Business In Nigeria / Marketers Needed For A POS Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.