Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,969 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

The Menace That Is Royal Air Maroc! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Menace That Is Royal Air Maroc! (953 Views)

Menace Of Okada In Owerri Township: Pictures & Video / Is It Advisable To Book Lagos To London Flight With Royal Air Maroc? / Royal Air Maroc Aircraft Attacked At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Menace That Is Royal Air Maroc! by Woodpecker(m): 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2022
I will try not waste too many words in this post....

I just want to do my fellow Nigerians and the rest of humanity a small favor and warn them off patronizing the scam of an airline called Royal Air Maroc.

In September 2021 my wife booked a ticket to visit Nigeria from the US towards Christmas of 2021 with Royal Air Maroc because at the time they were the only available flight she could get within such short notice. Beginning of December all flights by the airline were cancelled globally due to the upsurge in COVID omicron variant cases and we were given the option of seeking a refund which we took and applied for immediately. We contacted them and they confirmed that we had successfully applied for the refund and should expect it within a short waiting period. We waited for 1 month and tried making enquiries on the progress of our refund processing.

As I type this, the airline has refused to respond to further enquiry emails and their phone numbers are presently not connecting. Upon checking online I noticed a trend with the airline. I read about cases of travelers' luggage delayed or going missing several times and never seen again due to the airline’s incompetence, and upon visiting their Twitter page I noticed that their tweets are riddled with comments from extremely dissatisfied customers. These comments are in several different languages which I had to translate to read so the issues are obviously on a global scale. Many who have similar issues as we do with them have been chasing their refunds for over 2 years.

I also read about cases of many travelers experiencing racism and discrimination but that can be said about a lot of airlines.

My advise is that if you decide to fly with them due to their seemingly affordable rates then you should do special prayers and also go online to check their reviews as you are taking a huge risk.

Re: The Menace That Is Royal Air Maroc! by meobizy(f): 7:26am On Mar 23, 2022
Thank you. I’ve considered the airline multiple times due to attractive prices.

(1) (Reply)

Life In Australia / "We Are Ready To Go Home" - Dubai Based Nigerians Cry Out Over Deportation / SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.