Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,538 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice (337 Views)

Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport / Mobile Policemen Brutalize Man For Blocking Their Van With G-Wagon In Owerri / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by Ninejaman: 8:48pm On Mar 22, 2022
Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice

The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Ogun 1 Area Command says it has intercepted a suspected police van laden with smuggled foreign rice.

The Hilux van, with police spy number plate, PF 10889 SPY, was said to have been intercepted with 27 50kg bags of foreign parboiled rice.

The Controller, Bamidele Makinde, disclosed this on Tuesday while briefing newsmen in Abeokuta.

Makinde said upon sighting customs officers, the driver of the vehicle abandoned it and fled immediately.

The Controller said though he could not authoritatively say the vehicle belongs to the police; he, however, posited that the number plate on the Hillux van with siren says it all.

Responding to questions on whether the van would be released to the police or not, Makinde said the development would be communicated to the NCS headquarters in Abuja for necessary actions.

“As it is, it will be communicated to Abuja. The NCS headquarters has the final say on what happens to it. If it is found to be a police vehicle, it is only Abuja that can release it to the police authority,” he said.

He also disclosed noted that the command was able impound 5,420 bags of rice between February 9 and March 21.

Within the period under review, Makinde explained that the command has also impounded, “133 sacks and 181 wraps (book size) of cannabis sativa; 18 units of vehicles; 13 kegs of vegetable oil; 8 bales of 19 small 'Ghana-must-go bags' and two sacks of second-hand cloths.”

Others are, “25 sacks and 4 bags of used shoes; 880 cartons of frozen poultry products and 26,725 litres of PMS."

Makinde told reporters that the total duty paid value of the seized goods is N143,905,508.

He said "Permit me to use this opportunity to appeal to parents and guardians
residing in border communities to prevail on their wards and youths to
desist from criminal activities such as smuggling, attack on Security operatives and government assets and infrastructure.

"It is important to note that activities embarked upon by the Command is a
patriotic duty in the interest of national security and economic wellbeing of
Nigeria. NCS operatives in observance of the rules of engagement will
continue to carry out its legitimate duties as prescribed by the law.

"We thank the Community leaders and other Government Agencies who are
showing concern and are collaborating with the Service for their
continuous support. We also thank and appreciate the Press for being
objective in reporting the challenges faced by Officers while executing their
duties."

END

1 Like

Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by Candidlady: 8:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
My love gooodharddick come iwanna show you something
Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by Totilopussylick(m): 8:50pm On Mar 22, 2022
Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by DryMouth: 8:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
Lol.
But Army dey smuggle with their own vehicle on a daily basis na
Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by Ternistacle(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2022
Haha�... Deal gone wrong = Exposure.
No be today police, army and custom dey run sh*t.

It is well. Let me continue with my blunt...
Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by illicit(m): 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2022
Candidlady:
My love gooodharddick come iwanna show you something

undecided
Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by Boogyman557: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2022
Holly Gram cool real matters on top real MATTERZ!

CUNTREE don CAST big time!

STREET self don CAST big time!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by Candidlady: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2022
illicit:

undecided

You no longer have my time so iwent for a gooodharddick
Re: Ogun Customs seizes Police van with smuggled rice by illicit(m): 9:42pm On Mar 22, 2022
Candidlady:

You no longer have my time so iwent for a gooodharddick

Says who

I have got anything u need including a long gudharddick

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Transfer Of DCP Abba Kyari, 6 Others To Prison Custody / Breaking News: Bomb Explosion Rocks Kabba Kogi State. / Stefflon Don Ex-girlfriend To Burnaboy Replied Him For Sharing A Cryptic Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.