Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

A Note On Grief To A Friend - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / A Note On Grief To A Friend (278 Views)

"MALEFICENT (for A Friend Dying Of HIV) / A friend worth more than Gold... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Note On Grief To A Friend by REDInks(m): 11:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
The prize for life is death...
Life is virtual, Death is the reality...
It comes like an unwanted guest.
The type that comes without prior notice
Enters your kitchen and takes the last slice of bread you reserved for yourself...

It feels you with hunger to cry and yet not be satisfied...
To feel pain yet wonder what's the meaning of life...

But the most profound truth is Death is the price we pay for this life, sometimes it comes like a stubborn debtor, unexpected
Sometimes it's seen or is it...

If you ask me for words of comfort, I have none. I have grown grey over time.
Black and white, a parchment of the eventuality of life I would say.

But what I would imploy you my dear friend is to bask in those moments Dad left behind.
Embrace those happy thoughts you once shared and be grateful for the times that was spent.
Life's but a dream.

Take Heart my Dear.�

2 Likes

Re: A Note On Grief To A Friend by Friedyokes: 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hearts Unkind / I Can Die On Top Of Your Matter Ugo / Twelve O'clock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.