Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? (3217 Views)

Is This Car Worth ₦1.5m? / Does This Car Worth The Said Price / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by brainycaleb(m): 1:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
This is an audi a6 allroad 2.7t 2001 model, Switzerland used. It was registered in Nigeria but not used whatsoever, lying dormant because the owner is away in Switzerland. I'd want to use it for transportation and the owner says because we are related, I'd only pay her her cost price i.e 4200 Swiss franc and 450,000 used in clearing and forwarding, which would amount to almost 2.5 million.

Dear auto gurus, how much do you think the machine is worth?

Edit: I had to take down the photos and edit the plate number, It might be offensive for most people and for anonymousity

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by overdrive(m): 1:14pm On Mar 23, 2022
Price it #1.2 million if it hasn't been used.
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by dawnomike(m): 1:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
brainycaleb:
This is an audi a6 allroad 2.7t 2001 model, Switzerland used. It was registered in Nigeria but not used whatsoever, lying dormant because the owner is away in Switzerland. I'd want to use it for transportation and the owner says because we are related, I'd only pay her her cost price i.e 4200 Swiss franc and 450,000 used in clearing and forwarding, which would amount to almost 2.5 million.

for a 2001 car, that is to exorbitant... You have to do your calculations of the price using the exchange rate that was used then not the present exchange rate.

6 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by ameristu: 4:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Is it a good car for transportation?
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by EgunMogaji2: 5:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
ameristu:
Is it a good car for transportation?

Even in the USA this car was a bust. Good luck.

4 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by nurey(m): 6:57pm On Mar 23, 2022
brainycaleb:

Edit: I had to take down the photos and edit the plate number, It might be offensive for most people and for anonymousity

You want to use a 2.7 turbo V6 engine vehicle for transportation, apart from the outrageous price the vehicle is going for, this particular engine is like pouring petrol to quench a wild fire. Flee from the deal

14 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by kingreign(m): 7:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
brainycaleb:

Flee from that demonic contraption of an Audi. It’s a very terrible car and to even add insult, it’s over priced

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by brainycaleb(m): 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
nurey:

You want to use a 2.7 turbo V6 engine vehicle for transportation, apart from the outrageous price the vehicle is going for, this particular engine is like pouring petrol to quench a wild fire. Flee from the deal

I am a total noob in cars, why is it not advisable to use a 2.7turbo v6 engine for transportation?
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by brainycaleb(m): 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
kingreign:

Flee from that demonic contraption of an Audi. It’s a very terrible car and to even add insult, it’s over priced

Bros, please enlighten me more on the reasons why its a bad choice, you would be helping me. Thanks.
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by talktimi(m): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
The only car I've seen that made a mechanic abandon his tools and run away grin

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by brainycaleb(m): 9:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
talktimi:

LOL, I've never heard that before ooo cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by sharpwriter(m): 10:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
brainycaleb:

I am a total noob in cars, why is it not advisable to use a 2.7turbo v6 engine for transportation?

Ain't economical bro. You will use most of your profit to refuel the vehicle. A 2.7 turbo V6 engine will surely devour fuel hungrily.

For transportation, look for cars with 1.3,1.6,1.8 litre engines (especially Japanese vehicles) . They are more economical with fuel and will make you enjoy the profit from your hard work.

Fuel guzzlers coupled with their maintenance is a recipe for loss and frustration in transport business.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by brainycaleb(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2022
sharpwriter:

Ain't economical bro. You will use most of your profit to refuel the vehicle. A 2.7 turbo V6 engine will surely devour fuel hungrily.

For transportation, look for cars with 1.3,1.6,1.8 litre engines (especially Japanese vehicles) . They are more economical with fuel and will make you enjoy the profit from your hard work.

Fuel guzzlers coupled with their maintenance is a recipe for loss and frustration in transport business.

Thanks a million bro, you've taught me something new.

8 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by Timagex(m): 12:05am On Mar 24, 2022
That's a v6 bi turbo! shocked. Don't do it sir.

Get yourself a civic instead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by pek(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2022
Bad deal. You will spend more on fuel and maintenance

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by Cardealer2021(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
2.7 turbo V6 engine and transportation shouldn't been on the same sentence undecided

4 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by mobolaji234: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2022
The former owner will tell you...
It's just a V6 jare e no dey chop fuel like that... cheesy

But Bros na set up. The truth is that it doesn't chop fuel but e dey guzz am

5 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by talktimi(m): 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2022
brainycaleb:

LOL, I've never heard that before ooo cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin grin
I wouldn't have believed if I didn't witness it with my own eyes

2 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by nurey(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
brainycaleb:

1. It's an Audi, not very top in the reliability index

2. The engine has turbo, turbo engines need optimum maintenance meaning more expensive oil and some other timely maintenance to avoid unforeseen breakdown

3. The engine is a performance oriented one, not good on fuel economy

4. It's a 4 wheel drive vehicle too would be a bit heavier than a FWD and also 4wd has it's own maintenance and most 4wd variant of a vehicle has more pricey parts.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by drmuchin: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
This one is called ogwu oke aka Rat poison
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by fineboynl(m): 7:20am On Mar 25, 2022
No. Don't do it. You can get Honda civic half of the price.

You relative has put the car for sale. But couldn't find anyone to pay so it opted to offer it to you like that. It's the only way to recaps the money spent on that ride. But sadly it's not for you.
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by okoroemeka(m): 6:53pm On Mar 25, 2022
kingreign:

Flee,flee,fleeeeeee,don't ever look back at that car,flee,flee,endless money pit,flee,flee,what are you still waiting for,do you know the type of cars #2.5m can get in Nigeria tokunbo?flee,flee,fleeeeeee,are u considering to use that car for transportation,flee,fleeee,don't even go to that compound again

7 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by mejai(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
okoroemeka:
Flee,flee,fleeeeeee,don't ever look back at that car,flee,flee,endless money pit,flee,flee,what are you still waiting for,do you know the type of cars #2.5m can get in Nigeria tokunbo?flee,flee,fleeeeeee,are u considering to use that car for transportation,flee,fleeee, don't even go to that compound again
grin

4 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by brainycaleb(m): 8:40am On Mar 26, 2022
nurey:

1. It's an Audi, not very top in the reliability index

2. The engine has turbo, turbo engines need optimum maintenance meaning more expensive oil and some other timely maintenance to avoid unforeseen breakdown

3. The engine is a performance oriented one, not good on fuel economy

4. It's a 4 wheel drive vehicle too would be a bit heavier than a FWD and also 4wd has it's own maintenance and most 4wd variant of a vehicle has more pricey parts.

Dem say who ask for directions no dey miss road! I will remember this advise bro. God bless you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by byteem: 11:25am On Mar 27, 2022
brainycaleb:

Hell no.. 1.2 m max

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by okoroemeka(m): 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2022
byteem:

Hell no.. 1.2 m max
so if you are given a choice you will buy that car for #1.2m, before the year runs out you will spend another #500k on repairs coupled with high blood pressure,don't you ask yourself why everybody is going for Corollas,Camrys,accords,civics,Nissan,these cars have proved themselves worthy on the battlefield and nobody wants to waste time and money in mechanic workshops, these hard economic times means that the choice in buying a car should not be sentimental or the beauty of the car,my friend loved the Peugeot 607 and bought it, withim six months he developed gray hairs,renualt,Opel,Fiat,Alfa Romeo,Audi they are all beautiful cars but after a year of owning one,it may stop looking beautiful.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by NokiaN8(m): 4:30pm On Mar 28, 2022
Not good for transportation, but it rugged, just it consumption of fuel would make u run in town drive.. Except high way long distance driving u enjoy the machine.. Go buy a Siena instead
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by iliyande(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2022
okoroemeka:
so if you are given a choice you will buy that car for #1.2m, before the year runs out you will spend another #500k on repairs coupled with high blood pressure,don't you ask yourself why everybody is going for Corollas,Camrys,accords,civics,Nissan,these cars have proved themselves worthy on the battlefield and nobody wants to waste time and money in mechanic workshops, these hard economic times means that the choice in buying a car should not be sentimental or the beauty of the car,my friend loved the Peugeot 607 and bought it, withim six months he developed gray hairs,renualt,Opel,Fiat,Alfa Romeo,Audi they are all beautiful cars but after a year of owning one,it may stop looking beautiful.

My first car was vento, second car was opel zafira A, third was zafira 2.2 and my current car is Opel Signum 3.2 v6..., I may go for audi A4 next.

When you don't know anything about car, please stop advising people based on your own personal experience.

Even if you dash me corolla today, I am selling it next day... Camry, lexus E Series and Avalon is what I may go for in the next couple of years by God's grace.
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by Originalsly: 2:43pm On Apr 15, 2022
Fuel consumption is the least of your worries with this car. I strongly believe if you fill the tank once ... you will never ever have to buy petrol again... ever. I'm sure the car is parked for reasons other than what you posted.... and that's ot the only one. Move around... note how many you see driving ... and how many you see parked. If you're lucky to see one driving... either the driver is a top notch mechanic... or he going to... or coming from a repair shop.
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by Manuella4ace: 5:45am On Apr 16, 2022
Get a Toyota matrix, have peace of mind, and thank me later

1 Like

Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by Hollawayn05(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
iliyande:

My first car was vento, second car was opel zafira A, third was zafira 2.2 and my current car is Opel Signum 3.2 v6..., I may go for audi A4 next.

When you don't know anything about car, please stop advising people based on your own personal experience.

Even if you dash me corolla today, I am selling it next day... Camry, lexus E Series and Avalon is what I may go for in the next couple of years by God's grace.

How rigged is opel zafira, plan getting the tokunbo for personal use
Re: Please How Much Would This Car Worth?? by doggedfighter(f): 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
talktimi:

Hahahahahaha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Chrysler Forum / Cars45 Or Jiji , Which Is Better For Buying A Good Car. / My Amusing Experience With A W203

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.