Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi (491 Views)

All He Could Do Was Boast That He Saved Money - Tinubu Fires Obi / Lagos (tinubu &agent Fash) Vs Anambra (peter Obi) / 2023: Real Reasons I Must Win Presidential Election – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by janefblog: 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2022
Mr Peter Obi, former Anambra State Governor, has explained why he saved money for the state during his tenure.

Obi had, during the twilight of his tenure as governor of Anambra State, announced that he was leaving behind N75 biliion for his successor, Chief Willie Obiano.

The explanation by the ex-governor on why he saved is coming after the incumbent, Prof Chukwuma Soludo recently stated on national television that he met only a paltry N300 million in the coffers of the government, with a debt of over N100 billion.

Obi stated the reason he saved massively for the state in a press release by his media aide, Mr Valentine Obienyem.

He said: “Often ........... https://janefblog.com/major-reasons-i-saved-money-for-anambra-peter-obi/

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by Salvador1: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
God bless Peter obi.

People of anambra will never forget your good deeds.

6 Likes

Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by Millimann: 2:20pm On Mar 23, 2022
Correct.
Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by samista: 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
Obi wan an intelligent administrator who knew how to manage resources. I wonder how Obiano squandered all that was left for him and still left his successor with a debt of over 100 billion.

4 Likes

Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by Cjrane2: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
janefblog:
Mr Peter Obi, former Anambra State Governor, has explained why he saved money for the state during his tenure.

Obi had, during the twilight of his tenure as governor of Anambra State, announced that he was leaving behind N75 biliion for his successor, Chief Willie Obiano.

The explanation by the ex-governor on why he saved is coming after the incumbent, Prof Chukwuma Soludo recently stated on national television that he met only a paltry N300 million in the coffers of the government, with a debt of over N100 billion.

Obi stated the reason he saved massively for the state in a press release by his media aide, Mr Valentine Obienyem.

He said: “Often ........... https://janefblog.com/major-reasons-i-saved-money-for-anambra-peter-obi/

Peter Obi is being very economical with the truth!

Sometimes when one hears Peter Obi and his online urchins try to twist the truth, it gets you somewhat annoyed as to "do they think we are brain dead"?

What Peter Obi isn't saying is that at the twilight of his administration, he also flagged off the construction of 43 new roads, Employed 10,000 more civil servants, a long list of abandoned road projects that had been going on for more than 5 years in his tenure, and abandoned huge capital-intensive projects such as Onitsha mall, Agulu Lake Hotel, Onitsha hotel, Ikenga mall etc.

It's sad when some politicians act like we were born yesterday or too daft to have forgotten what happened just 8 years ago!

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by fourboys: 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
You did well sir... God will continue to bless u
Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by juman(m): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2022
Cjrane2:

Sometimes when one hears Peter Obi and his online urchins try to twist the truth, it gets you somewhat annoyed as to "do they think we are brain dead"?

What Peter Obi isn't saying is that at the twilight of his administration, he also flagged off the construction of 43 new roads, Employed 10,000 more civil servants, a long list of abandoned road projects that had been going on for more than 5 years in his tenure, and abandoned huge capital-intensive projects such as Onitsha mall, Agulu Lake Hotel, Onitsha hotel, Ikenga mall etc.

It's sad when some politicians act like we were born yesterday or too daft to have forgotten what happened just 8 years ago!

Hmmmm.
Lot of money needed to face those.
Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by mrvitalis(m): 3:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
Cjrane2:

You are talking as if Peter obi himself didn't inherit abadoned project or obiano didn't leave abadoned projects

There no administration that won't inherit or leave abandoned projects it's normal

Saving 75billion then which is equivalent of savings close to 300bn by a state government in 8 years of adminstration is huge and should be praised no matter what

2 Likes

Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by Cjrane2: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2022
mrvitalis:

You are talking as if Peter obi himself didn't inherit abadoned project or obiano didn't leave abadoned projects

There no administration that won't inherit or leave abandoned projects it's normal

Saving 75billion then which is equivalent of savings close to 300bn by a state government in 8 years of adminstration is huge and should be praised no matter what

Can you list ANY of Obiano's abandoned projects?

In fact, many people were asking him to leave some of the projects for the next administration, but he wanted to complete every project he started. INCLUDING even student hostels in all the technical colleges in the state!
Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by Kingsley1000(m): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
One more question for Soludo Is the 300-400 million Naira or dollars?

1 Like

Re: Major Reasons I Saved Money For Anambra – Peter Obi by Kingsley1000(m): 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2022
The confession by Prof Soludo today at Arise Television simply means that the likes of Davido, Wizkid, Burna Boy even Obi Cubana has more liquid cash than my state, Anambra! Tomorrow, one man from nowhere will open his mouth to tell you that Buhari and Fulani are the real problem behind the underdevelopment in South East and many gullible youths will buy and start selling the lies, going about abusing other tribes in Nigeria! I have said it and will keep saying it, our problem in South East region has never been Fulani or caused by any president from northern extraction, rather our problem has been our leaders and their followers. Imagine people tagging a man that squandered billions of naira a good man because they benefitted from the loot and tomorrow they will start pointing accusing fingers at Buhari and Fulani tribe Our problem in south east is home grown and we need a home based solution to solve the problem

(1) (Reply)

It’s Youth O’clock For The People Of Ogbaru In Anambra State / Anambra Central 2023: Uzuegbunam Okagbue Gets Apga Backing To Dislodge Umeh / Lagos State Government Appoints MC OLUOMO Parks Management Committee Chairman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.