Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas - Foreign Affairs (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas (36727 Views)

EU Agrees To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles Without Breaching Sanctions / Poland Refuses To Pay For Russian Gas In Rubles / Macron: Putin Wants All Of Ukraine And Worse Is To Come (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by LogicBomb8: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
anyilalaz:
I have thought about this too. What will happen if FG sells oil in naira? All foreign currencies must convert their money to naira. by so doing naira will begin to get value.
Economic expert please, is my line of thought possible if there is a political will..?

Godwin emefule no go see this one na nonsense suggestion him go dey bring

1 Like

Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by LordReed(m): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I honestly do not want or pray that this situation escalates, cos it will be a doomsday thing. But only that escalation will tell us who is supporting who and who is ready to call her army in support of who. China had been a long term friend of the Soviets or Russia, as its stand, nothing or not much has changed about that. In fact, China stated recently that relations between Moscow and Beijing is rock solid.

So, US and NATO are free to do whatever with Russia. They should go ahead and bomb her, its evident Moscow wouldn't stop the pursuit of her interest. All the West can send their troop and missiles to Russia, assasinate Putin or bomb Moscow. Atleast they have the capacity to do so and does not need anyone's permission for that to be done. "Level this overrated, economically decimated, militarily weakened Russia and kill the crazy dictator Putin with their superior western firepower, sanctions, connections etc" As Russia is an Isolated, and hated entity of a state around the world, no country will aid or support her, it will Russia against the world, in fact her citizens hates her and even carry arms and fight against her in support of NATO and US.

[/b]Unless, Ukraine agrees to terms which are withdraw NATO membership intention, Cede Crimea to Russia, approve independence of Donbass and surrender To Russia. The crisis will not abate, no matter what US and the West do. It will be deadlocked. War or no war, intervention or not, sanctions or not.[b]

And what do you think Russia gains with all this?
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by yemmywesey(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2022
Great , Mr Putin.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by GerogeI(m): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
MT:

Contract does not work that way. You can't unilaterally breach a contract you have previously agreed on. There's a process that needs to be followed to change a contract. Russia is risking big fine from the court of arbitration. You will see how it will play out
That applies when there is a higher authority to enforce the contract. These are sovereigns and are only subject to arbitration process they agree with.

But legally, Germany breached the contract by making it unenforceable. How, we sign a contract that you pay me for gas in Euro's, then you go back to your country and take a unilateral action that prevents me from accessing the Euros you paid. So by force majure (act of Govt. the contract is suspended) the contract is now unenforceable. I then take unilateral action that if you still want gas you pay in my Rubble, since the contract is unenforceable since there is effectively no consideration paid for my gas, I am within my rights to review the contract terms.
So do not think the arbitration will be to Germany's favour.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by Chrs1996(m): 4:25pm On Mar 24, 2022
GerogeI:

That applies when there is a higher authority to enforce the contract. These are sovereigns and are only subject to arbitration process they agree with.

But legally, Germany breached the contract by making it unenforceable. How, we sign a contract that you pay me for gas in Euro's, then you go back to your country and take a unilateral action that prevents me from accessing the Euros you paid. So by force majure (act of Govt. the contract is suspended) the contract is now unenforceable. I then take unilateral action that if you still want gas you pay in my Rubble, since the contract is unenforceable since there is effectively no consideration paid for my gas, I am within my rights to review the contract terms.
So do not think the arbitration will be to Germany's favour.
By freezing Russian external reserve,the contract itself have become breached.
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by rajiedreez: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
tolue42:

You're very funny man, alll those countries need to do is to increase pump, increase production and supply, simple as ABC!

https://www.nairaland.com/7047872/qatar-says-europe-cannot-replace
Re: Putin Wants Rubles For Russian Gas by andy82: 7:42am On Mar 29, 2022
tolue42:

Oga, Ruble will become useless!

There's limited dollars inside Russia as we speak, it means all nigerians in Russia coming to Nigeria will need to use all their saving(Ruble) to buy cars or electronics and ship to Nigeria before they can get their money back... Because they can't come to Nigeria with dollars or Ruble... Can you
imagine that?

Just wait and see.

You get that logic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Syrian Army Kills 5 Turkey Soldiers. Pope Francis Prays for ‘Martyred’ in Syria / Biden Arrives Israel. / US Midterms: 8 Nigerian-Americans Win Seats. Buhari Congratulates Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.