Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle (16949 Views)

FFK Criticises Mahdi Aliyu For Not Defecting To APC / Court Stops Impeachment Move Against Mahadi Aliyu Gusau Over Refusal To Defect / Biography: Mahadi Aliyu Gusau, 33-Year-Old Zamfara Deputy Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle by ufotunang: 9:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
They are all fighting for their pockets and bank account and not for the zamfara people
Re: Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle by Thebigheart: 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
Something about to go down, which the Deputy Governor know.

Leg crossed as is about to unfold
Re: Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle by Kelvin09836: 12:20am On Mar 24, 2022
Read Below

Re: Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle by Solsix(m): 5:32am On Mar 24, 2022
bennybuhari:
he can win. zamfara is a PDP state
Zamfara is APC
Re: Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle by Hyphy(m): 11:33am On Mar 24, 2022
Xhuntra:

What has Buhari achieved?? (Current president and current petroluem minister)

I never said Buhari achieved anything, you made the assertion here, back it up
Re: Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle by fergie001: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
garfield1:

True.
I will circumscribe myself to the subject matter on Ali Gusau:

Section 182 (1) (i) of the Constitution provides that nobody is qualified to be Governor if he has been indicted for embezzlement or fraud by a Judicial Commission of Inquiry or an Administrative Panel of Inquiry or a Tribunal set up under the Tribunals of Inquiry Act, a Tribunal of Inquiry Law or any other law by the Federal and State Government which indictment has been accepted by the Federal or State Government, respectively.

Ali Gusau was impeached for "abuse of office."

Indictment to me means "a written accusation before a Court."
(None in this case).

Section 36(5):
“every person who is charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed to be innocent until he is, proved guilty.”

I will quote the words of the Supreme Court in AC v INEC 2007, per Aloysius Katsina-Alu (JSC as he then was) of blessed memory:

The trial and conviction by a court is the only constitutionally permitted way to prove guilt and therefore the, only ground for the imposition of criminal punishment or penalty for the criminal offences of embezzlement or fraud. Clearly the imposition of the penalty of disqualification for embezzlement or fraud solely on the basis of an indictment for these offences by an administrative panel of inquiry implies a presumption of guilt, contrary to section 36(5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999. I say again that convictions for offences and imposition of penalties and punishments are matters appertaining exclusively to judicial power:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swindlers Swoop On Jonathan’s Ministers-the Sun Newspaper / Amina Mohammed And Bukar Ibrahim Visit Nguru Wetlands (Photos) / Buhari Says He Has No Third Term Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.