Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers (19439 Views)

Obaseki Sacks Sabina Chikere, Shaibu’s Sister-In-Law Amid Feud With Deputy / Obaseki Sacks All Commissioners, SAs, SSAs / Governor Obaseki Sacks All Political Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Lamfes: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2022

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by ihedioramma: 8:07pm On Mar 23, 2022
SmartProf:
This kind of half-baked journalism that cannot state the reason for the sack is worrisome. However, Obaseki's second term seems to be all about disagreements with almost every living thing...it's only non-living things in Edo that have not complained about him so far.
Cool down he all end up like ex, Anambra state governor .
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Terrence99: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Always look at who ipob pigs are supporting and vote against that person. Those cursed baboons look for the worst possible candidates and support them.
Honestly, Edo people are very daft for allowing ipob pigs to mislead them into voting Obaseki.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Bigchristo: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
blamingthedevil:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/protest-as-obaseki-sacks-513-sports-workers/
Obaseki has really dealt with Edo people in this second term, both those who helped him when Oshiomole wanted to end his political career he has stepped on their toes, almost all projects aren’t functioning, I think second term should be scrapped from Nigeria electoral system.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Mooh247: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2022
Where will they start from

1 Like

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by yuping(m): 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
undecided people just lost their jobs and I'm just laughing at the situation, Edo truly no be Lagos. You can't even trust any one any more..
What kind of transition will make you sack 500+ workers. Abi na Lagos them come from?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Golan007: 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
How can?

Edo no be Lagos now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by oneunited(m): 8:15pm On Mar 23, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Mekoss(m): 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
But come to think of it, 513 workers ?? Haba what have they been doing plus ghost workers…. Though seems to be brutal but the governor had to do something about it..
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Jostoman: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2022
He is trying to make Edo state people hate PDP but he is going to fail.
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by duro4chang(m): 8:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
Yes now. That is why Edo no be Lagos.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by duro4chang(m): 8:26pm On Mar 23, 2022
SmartProf:
This kind of half-baked journalism that cannot state the reasons for the sack is worrisome. However, Obaseki's second term seems to be all about disagreements with almost every living thing...it's only non-living things in Edo that have not complained about him so far.
So you no see the reason in the post?

1 Like

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by FreeStuffsNG: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2022
Truly Edo no be Lagos the centre of Excellence.

Please bring your investment to Lagos.

Invest in Lagos today.
Thank you.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by honour7: 8:32pm On Mar 23, 2022
They were not sacked I believe they were retired as the post said their pension will be paid from April.

I am not a fan of Obaseki but don’t really like this kind of half bake journalism
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by kmaster007: 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
Make dem enjoy there Edo no be Lagos man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Deadlytruth(m): 8:38pm On Mar 23, 2022
Terrence99:
Always look at who ipob pigs are supporting and vote against that person. Those cursed baboons look for the worst possible candidates and support them.
Honestly, Edo people are very daft for allowing ipob pigs to mislead them into voting Obaseki.

Don't generalize that way. As a native of Edo State, I am not daft even though I agree with you that voting for Obaseki's second term was a very myopic and emotion-driven decision by those who did. I don't agree with you that there was any pro-Ipob sympathy underlying that decision courtesy of the fact that the average Edo person detests Ipob and Biafra more than even the average Yoruba or Northerner. The choice was rather due to the typical Nigerian syndrome which makes voters highly susceptible to fake populist posturing by politicians as Obaseki did with his rather fake anti-godfatherism campaign slogan. Recall that nearly all Southerners fell for Jonathan's I-had-no-shoes populist gimmick in 2011 and even Buhari's Mr-Integrity gimmick in 2015. Does that mean that Nigerians are generalized daft? Didn't Oyo people too mistakenly vote for Makinde thinking they were proving a point against late Ajimobi? Does that translate to Oyo people generally being idiots?
But most importantly, I am happy that Obaseki's policies and actions in this second term of his has vindicated those of us who campaigned against his second term in Edo 2020. I am just short of saying that I am happy about this sack because most of the 513 victims were all over the place shouting 'Edo no be Lagos, Ogbane, Torwagba, 4+4,...." just two years ago. Let them enjoy the government they voted for.
Next time when a product of godfatherism tells them he is fighting godfatherism, they will think well before believing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by osazsky(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2022
simpleseyi:
Edo no be Lagos

Enjoy the dividend of Obaseki.

His heart is uglier than his face. Only God knows how ugly the people that gave birth to him are.
ize iyamu would have done worst..when adams sacked over 1000 primary sch teachers your prikk nor stand no single erection.edo can nerver be lagos..no matter how u try we wont allow tinubu bring his beta company here to collect our taxes and pay our governor..we wont allow him spread all his prostitute daughters collect taxes from traders and various governor..omo olu can nerver be our governon

1 Like

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by ledaman: 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
Edo no be Lagos ;DIf I hear pim from Edolite grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by assholemods: 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2022
Edo no be Lagos... cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by WBworldwide: 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by opera1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2022
2nd term for any Governor is always an opportunity for the Governor to deal with the state. They act like messiah during their first term but 2nd term is usually hell for the masses. Mimiko of ONDO share comes to mind
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by richie240: 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Chai, a lot of grief hidden behind ur 'expixtle'.

osazsky:
ize iyamu would have done worst..[/b]when adams sacked over 1000 primary sch teachers your prikk nor stand no single erection.edo can nerver be lagos..no matter how u try we wont allow tinubu bring his beta company here to collect our taxes and pay our governor..we wont allow him spread all his prostitute daughters collect taxes from traders and various governor..omo olu can nerver be our governon
Mere speculation!
What if I say your parents would've bn more fulfilled if ur mum had flushed u in d toilet at 4 weeks pregnancy?
U see say e nor rhyme at all as there are no indices to back up such (wild) assertion!
Just swallow ur 'torgbah 4+4' in peace and look Berra be4 u leap next time!
Anybody wey follow those 'rebels' or allow dem to 'colonize' hin reasoning must surely fall inside hole, nor be lie!
Ciao!
cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Cryofigbos: 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
Indeed edo no be lagos....dey should enjoy it while it last.....ipob always supporting failure to govt from abakaliki and dey have deceived edo ppl into obaseki through confused media campaigns b4 d election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by osazsky(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2022
ledaman:
Edo no be Lagos ;DIf I hear pim from Edolite grin
yeah edo no be lagos..and we are proud..obeseki is working...most streets and ajourning street are under consteuction.cuz adam already tarred the major roads..or u want him to add tarr on the major roads..sacking is normal either by private or govt..they are redutant staff..oshuo did same with incimpetent teachers heaven did not fall..he doesn't owe 11 months salaries like adams..i see no wrong here..he changed d stadium to a 5 star stadium and needs expert to man it..they will be compensated and thier pensions regularise peovided they have worked more than 10 years..edo can nerver be lagos

1 Like

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Cryofigbos: 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2022
osazsky:
ize iyamu would have done worst..when adams sacked over 1000 primary sch teachers your prikk nor stand no single erection.edo can nerver be lagos..no matter how u try we wont allow tinubu bring his beta company here to collect our taxes and pay our governor..we wont allow him spread all his prostitute daughters collect taxes from traders and various governor..omo olu can nerver be our governon
U have a special place in hell.....if only any of ur family were to be among d victims.....u ppl will just be typing nonsense from abakaliki with ur bad luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Cryofigbos: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
osazsky:
yeah edo no be lagos..and we are proud..obeseki is working...most streets and ajourning street are under consteuction.cuz adam already tarred the major roads..or u want him to add tarr on the major roads..sacking is normal either by private or govt..they are redutant staff..oshuo did same with incimpetent teachers heaven did not fall..he doesn't owe 11 months salaries like adams..i see no wrong here..he changed d stadium to a 5 star stadium and needs expert to man it..they will be compensated and thier pensions regularise peovided they have worked more than 10 years..edo can nerver be lagos
One day, just 1 day it will be ur turn......u will be sack so u can know hw it feels...that's if u even have work

1 Like

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Omodua(m): 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2022
Gavel:
This is not a good time to sack anyone. I know some persons will say no time is good time.
Well, legally civil service jobs come with statutory flavour and there are laid down rules for disengagement of staff who enjoy statutory flavour. The process is followed by the civil service commission and the Governor is not part of that procedure. The report did not state if the procedure for a valid sack was duly adhered to by the commission and the Governor merely did a symbolic announcement.
You not a Lawyer. So,stop dabbling into legal issues. Painstaking consultations were made before their disengagement.

1 Like

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by olamike02: 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
Edo people saw the handwriting but because of their hatred for APC and their love for Papa Deceiving Pikin party here we are today.
Enjoy what you ask for and certainly this is not what you deserve.
Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by ledaman: 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
osazsky:
Suffering and smiling tongue

4 Likes

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by Beedude(m): 9:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
96ACE:
Come to think of it, what are the duties of 513 workers in the states sport's council? Are these workers all functional? and are they delivering their duties effectively?
The answers to these questions are very obvious.
Would u have TYPED this if it was Buhari ?
Dont let sentiment becloud our judgement pls

3 Likes

Re: Protest As Obaseki Sacks 513 Sports Workers by 96ACE: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2022
Beedude:

Would u have TYPED this if it was Buhari ?
Dont let sentiment becloud our judgement pls
I don't speak from both sides of my mouth, I say things the way I perceive them to be. I don't have to prove any point and I'm also unapologetic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Was Sacked & Dragged To Court Over Facebook Comment On Saraki - Teacher / I Didn’t Say Peter Obi Rigged Election - Chief Ndubisi Nwobu, PDP Witness / Obiano & Ugwuanyi Visit Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Enugu . Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.