Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

When Last Did You See A Butterfly - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / When Last Did You See A Butterfly (17766 Views)

When Last Did You Use This Social App? / When Was The Last Time You Saw A Butterfly? / What Your Birth Month Butterfly Says About You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by gaftsoil(m): 6:54pm On Mar 24, 2022
Since 2020 that i came to ph
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Honchoslim16(m): 6:55pm On Mar 24, 2022
Nairaland hunters killed them all
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by GorillaApp(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
emmykk:
These are stupid question people ask on Twitter
This may sound stupid to you but this is a very important question.

Butterfly and bees aid pollination, without pollination, most plants won't grow. No plants means no food. No food means hunger and starvation.

I hope you see how important they are?

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by merits(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
cardoso514:
Are u serious?
You and me have destroyed Nature.
We have damaged natire beyond repair!
Too many of you have been spraying chemicals into this delicate Earth under the guise of killing insects(cockcroft,mosquito,ants,etc)
But in real life we are destroying mother nature.
Butterfly are so delicate and sensitive to the slightest chemical around.
Please let's stop spraying
stop spraying so that mosquito,bed bug, cockroach etc can finish me and my family butterfly na food.if you want to see butterfly go your village.abi when last did you go your village?don't come to city and be talking trash,you want to see butterfly.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by whippersnapper(m): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
To love-vendor a butterfly
Kendrick lamar
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Elvis778(m): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2022
safesurfer:
I could remember seeing many butterflies when I was little. I'm wondering where they all disappeared to and the cause of their disappearance.

So when last did you see a butterfly?
When I was little, I remember seeing lots of flowers around, each compound has flowers, including mine, Hibiscus flower was everywhere and extremely common....how many flowers are in your environment presently? I bet children of these days won't even know what hibiscus looks like.... Nigerians has neglected nature so nature is neglecting them too.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by funshint(m): 7:27pm On Mar 24, 2022
What about "Fireflies"...it's been a very long time I saw those beautiful creatures.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 24, 2022
Growing up, your neighborhood had ordinary flowers like rose, hibiscus, cherry trees planted as flowers (flowers bearing anthers). These are thriving environments for butterflies.

But now, those spots where the Flowers were planted have been replaced by store, welder's work shop with their noisy listers and filing machines, sometimes beer parlours and kiosks.

The environment is now unconducive to the butterflies as it has evolved to be very noisy making it uninhabitable for butterflies

Butterflies have migrated to "bushy" areas

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Bigsunny01(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2022
safesurfer:
I could remember seeing many butterflies when I was little. I'm wondering where they all disappeared to and the cause of their disappearance.

Baba country hard, all de butterfly don relocate to a safe country to secure dem selves from dis hardship

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by decatalyst(m): 7:44pm On Mar 24, 2022
ChoCho54:
So if you had wings like butterflies, you will remain in this shithole till now?

Wtf!

This hits below the belt cry cry

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Thefxchanger: 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2022
Drdreyy:

They are seasonal just like termites.

This isnt about season... They are either going extinct or no more habitable places for them around here....

i havent seen any for years... thats not a seasonal issue...
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by mywells: 8:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
Not in Lagos would you sight a butterfly.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Arizonaz: 8:48pm On Mar 24, 2022
Today
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Eleponblue(m): 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
safesurfer:

Lala don chop dem finish!����

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Bamzyriches451: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Damn!
They're all in my belly wink
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by sniperwolf(m): 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2022
Butterflies Are Indicators Of A Healthy Environment
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Todaynews2020: 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
Butterfly is everywhere in my villa
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by ChoCho54(f): 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
decatalyst:

Wtf!

This hits below the belt cry cry
Sorry bro.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by ChoCho54(f): 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2022
NairalandMD:
grin grin
Niger Area is now extremely unhabitable for them to strive...
" Dis corn tree nawa o"
Corn tree wey even butterflies no fit suck their necter.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by sulaak(m): 11:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Nigeria's overpopulation has destroyed nature.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by sulaak(m): 11:16pm On Mar 24, 2022
BNLR:
Take a break from hustle and bustle of life and visit the rural area, destructive urbanisation is pushing many animals into extinction. Just like someone said. " when last did you plant a flower?

Even the rural area is now destructive, how many times have you seen threads with information of the bushmeat that they have killed, Nigeria's overpopulation, high level of illiteracy and poverty is destroying any wildlife.

Very soon Nigerians will ask what is a tree?

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by aalangel(f): 12:35am On Mar 25, 2022
safesurfer:

I thought so too, two weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:06am On Mar 25, 2022
Lagos is over populated butterfly was the least fireflies we call tuno tuno I haven't seen dem in 10 years now. They are present ate the vilages ogun state and less populated area
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by anoziechi(f): 7:49pm On Mar 25, 2022
If na you get wings..you go stay Nigeria??
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by dare01: 7:31am On Mar 26, 2022
I saw one yesterday in tinapa calabar�

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by cardoso514: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2023
merits:

stop spraying so that mosquito,bed bug, cockroach etc can finish me and my family butterfly na food.if you want to see butterfly go your village.abi when last did you go your village?don't come to city and be talking trash,you want to see butterfly.
I live 100% in the village.
Re: When Last Did You See A Butterfly by brainycaleb(m): 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2023
If we plant more flowers and leave wild flowers be, they would return.

They left because of our urbanization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Inventors Who Didn't Get Mega-rich From Their Inventions / Woman Puts Her Hand Inside A Shark's Mouth To Release Hook / What Distinguishes Humans From Other Animals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.