Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,117 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? (1077 Views)

Why Do Igbos Always Travel Every December / Some Igbos From Nigeria Are Jews And The DNA Test Was Fake(pics) / Igbos Are Jews, Not Nigerians - Bishop Orizu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by AliseKazah(f): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2022
I am on Facebook and Israeli's complain about IPOB posting on their page.
Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by richeeyo(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2022
Affiliate familiarity
Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by Padipadi(m): 10:02am On Mar 24, 2022
Cos they v lost records. Google Ibo tribe origin. Nothing concrete except add ups. Since the hausas mad yorubas claimed east, they had to follow but choose a different east which is Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by ChebeNdigboCalm: 12:15pm On Mar 24, 2022
AliseKazah:

I agree that posting on their page is a problem. It needs to stop honestly.
But even if some think we are from Israel and they have every right to say that. Why do I say this? You people have no problem with even supporting lies that OBJECTIVELY Ikwerre are from Benin only based on the fact that they say it. And that despite the overwhelming evidence Anioma are primarily Igbos based on the fact a few say otherwise you’d support that. I SUBJECTIVELY say I can accept that out of respect for their choice. However you guys feel the need to stop Igbo people from saying they are Jews due to the fact that you know it’s objectively untrue however you are fine with feeding lies to Igbo subgroups.

Stop the hypocrisy. Igbos are not Jews but if you aren’t Igbo let Igbo themselves deal with it if you simultaneously believe Ikwerre should not be recognised as Igbo. I myself when speaking academically will say Igbos are not Hebrews and Ikwerre are Igbos.

Edit: wasn’t speaking to OP in particular. I was speaking to the majority of Nigerians.

Why did I bring in that topic? Because I feel it is something overlooked, it is within the topic of Igbo identity. I think the attitudes people have to our identity as a whole need to be addressed logically without being emotionally charged.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by AliseKazah(f): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2022
ChebeNdigboCalm:

I agree that posting on their page is a problem. It needs to stop honestly.
But even if some think we are from Israel and they have every right to say that. Why do I say this? You people have no problem with even supporting lies that OBJECTIVELY Ikwerre are from Benin only based on the fact that they say it. And that despite the overwhelming evidence Anioma are primarily Igbos based on the fact a few say otherwise you’d support that. I SUBJECTIVELY say I can accept that out of respect for their choice. However you guys feel the need to stop Igbo people from saying they are Jews due to the fact that you know it’s objectively untrue however you are fine with feeding lies to Igbo subgroups.

Stop the hypocrisy. Igbos are not Jews but if you aren’t Igbo let Igbo themselves deal with it if you simultaneously believe Ikwerre should not be recognised as Igbo. I myself when speaking academically will say Igbos are not Hebrews and Ikwerre are Igbos.

Edit: wasn’t speaking to OP in particular. I was speaking to the majority of Nigerians.

Why did I bring in that topic? Because I feel it is something overlooked, it is within the topic of Igbo identity. I think the attitudes people have to our identity as a whole need to be addressed logically without being emotionally charged.
Who is “you people”? I am a Bajju from Southern Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by TA4TA4: 5:44am On Mar 25, 2022
AliseKazah:

Cause they share some similar customs and traditions
Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by AliseKazah(f): 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2022
TA4TA4:

Cause they share some similar customs and traditions
Like?
Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by Aaronsrod: 8:41pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliseKazah:

Like?

Like breathing through our nostrils. The Jews of Israel from the Bible do this also.

Yoruba Hausa Fulani only breathe through their mouth in the African way.

This proves we are different and truly from King David's line.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by TA4TA4: 9:20pm On Mar 25, 2022
AliseKazah:

Like?

Examples of shared traditional practices between the Jews and the Igbos include circumcising male children eight days after birth, refraining from eating "unclean" or tabooed foods, mourning the dead for seven days, their unique apprenticeship system, omugwo, and many more
Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by AliseKazah(f): 10:18am On Mar 26, 2022
TA4TA4:

Examples of shared traditional practices between the Jews and the Igbos include circumcising male children eight days after birth, refraining from eating "unclean" or tabooed foods, mourning the dead for seven days, their unique apprenticeship system, omugwo, and many more
Jew don't have an apprenticeship system. That's just group economics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 26, 2022
Aaronsrod:

Like breathing through our nostrils. The Jews of Israel from the Bible do this also.

Yoruba Hausa Fulani only breathe through their mouth in the African way.

This proves we are different and truly from King David's line.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by 1Sharon(f): 9:08am On Mar 29, 2022
TA4TA4:

Igbos do not refrain eating unclean foods

Are you a seven day Adventist?
Re: Why Do Igbos Think They Are Jews? by Reflect7: 4:46am On Apr 02, 2022
There is a verse in the bible where Yahweh (Ya nwe) instructs the Israelites that when they harvest their farms, they must always leave some unharvested crops for poor folks passing by who might need some food to cook.

Igbo farmers have this exact same practice till today, just like their ancestors.

(1) (Reply)

Answered / Merry Christmas Messages Greetings For All / Gender Segregation In Education May Do More Harm Than Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.