Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,362 members, 7,864,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:31 AM

"Madrid Are Always A Danger In The Champions League" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "Madrid Are Always A Danger In The Champions League" (234 Views)

Real Madrid Are LA Liga Champions As Girona Stun Barcelona / Who Poses More Danger: Messi Or Ronaldo? (With Photos) / Real Madrid Are Struggling After Losing Ronaldo To Juventus - Luka Modric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Madrid Are Always A Danger In The Champions League" by plethora007: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2022
Marcos Alonso has a great opportunity to win the confidence of Luis Enrique. The left-back was not chosen last November, however he does find himself in the Spain squad this March.

Alonso plays an important role at Chelsea and Luis Enrique recognises this. "Any player always has to give their all to be called up to the national side at any moment. Now more than ever with the World Cup on the horizon. I always try to give my best and to continue improving so that I can make the national team", explained the man from Madrid to 'AS'.

"Every player dreams of playing in the World Cup. When you're little and you like football, and you see the national team, you want to be in it. It's my goal to play in the World Cup and I hope I'll make it happen", he added.

Alonso also spoke about Chelsea's current situation in terms of the sanctions imposed on Roman Abramovich by the UK government due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine: "Nothing much has happened currently. There's been a lot of talk, it looks like they're going to have to sell the club. We can't control this, what will be will be. We've won all of our last six matches. We hope that things sort themselves out off the pitch as soon as possible".

Despite all of this, the Spanish left-back assured that the change at the club will not affect the work on the pitch: "I believe it will sort itself out soon and the club will be sold. We are not very aware of that stuff as players and the day to day life at the club hasn't changed at all".

"Madrid? At this stage there aren't any favourites"
Another topic that the player touched on was the upcoming Champions League tie with Real Madrid. "I knew before the knock-out rounds that Madrid were a very dangerous team. No matter how good PSG were for the majority of that tie, Madrid were always a threat. It's always complicated when playing against Madrid, especially in the Champions League. At this stage there aren't any favourites", he commented.

"We've already demonstrated what we're capable of last year. This is a new year, another moment and we will try to give everything to be in the semi-finals", he added.

Finally, the Spanish player admitted that he would like to play in La Liga. "I would love to. I have wanted to play here in Spain all my life, but circumstances have meant I haven't be able to do this. Right now, I'm focused on this season and what I need to do, I'll do", he concluded.

Re: "Madrid Are Always A Danger In The Champions League" by Blake755: 3:56pm On Mar 24, 2022
Your write up and heading how e take match

(1) (Reply)

200 Odds / Lyon Vs Juventus / [VIDEO] Qatar 2022: What To Expect As Ghana Clashes With Portugal In Group H �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.