Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Architectural Advice Needed - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Architectural Advice Needed (407 Views)

Architectural Advice Needed! / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. / Architectural Designs AND Civil Constructions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Architectural Advice Needed by Promotions: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Please architects in the house how true is the statement below and also an architect we contracted for a house Plan said this to us

He said the software they use is called 2D and 3D ask other architects how that software works. Confirm whether or not it's true the software automatically generates an elevation for a floor plan.

2) Whether or not the software can not generate multiple elevations for each floor plan, in other words, an alternative designs. Does it just generate only one design for a given floor plan, and the clients are stuck with that design when they don't like it?

3) What's the implication to the long-term durability of the building when they try to manipulate the system to give a client the elevation they want?

The following questions came up when we told him we weren't happy with the house design he gave us

Thank you
Re: Architectural Advice Needed by critic007(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2022
Call me on 08027229197. I m an architect
Re: Architectural Advice Needed by Promotions: 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2022
critic007:
Call me on 08027229197. I m an architect
thank you I sent a message on your whatsapp
Re: Architectural Advice Needed by Promotions: 12:40am On Mar 25, 2022
please architects in the house
Re: Architectural Advice Needed by BrickDevo: 2:26am On Mar 27, 2022
Promotions:
Please architects in the house how true is the statement below and also an architect we contracted for a house Plan said this to us

He said the software they use is called 2D and 3D ask other architects how that software works. Confirm whether or not it's true the software automatically generates an elevation for a floor plan.

2) Whether or not the software can not generate multiple elevations for each floor plan, in other words, an alternative designs. Does it just generate only one design for a given floor plan, and the clients are stuck with that design when they don't like it?

3) What's the implication to the long-term durability of the building when they try to manipulate the system to give a client the elevation they want?

The following questions came up when we told him we weren't happy with the house design he gave us

Thank you
Yes, it does generate elevation for a given floor plan, for each specific floor plan an elevation is generated, it won't generate multiple elevations for one floor plan.

Yes it is called a 2D and 3D software, however a good architect should be able to design the facade or elevation to look amazing and pleasing if and if only the client supplied the floor plan and would not want any changes made to it.

In a case that the floor plan was designed by the architect, it would be best for the architect to make changes to the floor plan until client is pleased with the elevation, however that depends on the agreement reached, the architect might require additional fees to make the changes.

The long term durability is achievable for a face-lift, decoration or renovation, i would rather not say "manipulate the system" the structural system shouldn't be Manipulated to avoid stories that touch, however you can adorn the facade, and make it grand.
Re: Architectural Advice Needed by Promotions: 12:50pm On Mar 28, 2022
BrickDevo:

Yes, it does generate elevation for a given floor plan, for each specific floor plan an elevation is generated, it won't generate multiple elevations for one floor plan.

Yes it is called a 2D and 3D software, however a good architect should be able to design the facade or elevation to look amazing and pleasing if and if only the client supplied the floor plan and would not want any changes made to it.

In a case that the floor plan was designed by the architect, it would be best for the architect to make changes to the floor plan until client is pleased with the elevation, however that depends on the agreement reached, the architect might require additional fees to make the changes.

The long term durability is achievable for a face-lift, decoration or renovation, i would rather not say "manipulate the system" the structural system shouldn't be Manipulated to avoid stories that touch, however you can adorn the facade, and make it grand.
thank you for the clear explanation

1 Like

Re: Architectural Advice Needed by BrickDevo: 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2022
Promotions:
thank you for the clear explanation
uw

(1) (Reply)

Luxuriously Built 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex For Sale @ikate, Lekki. / Westwood Lakes Estate / SUV With Its Occupants Allegedly Trapped In A Flood At Oko Oba, Agege, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.