Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay (1837 Views)

Perfect Transition: Tinubu Knows Buhari Allowed Him Win The 2023 Election- Garba / Secondus Asks Akwinwomi To Preside Over PDP NEC Meeting / PDP Tells Mai Buni To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by bennybuhari: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2022
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Prof. Itse Sagay, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), on Friday said President Muhammadu Buhari had no choice but to allow Mai Mala Buni, Yobe state governor and Chairman, Caretaker Committee of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) to preside over tomorrow’s national convention.
Majority of the APC governors had earlier rejected Buni as the National Chairman, APC Caretaker and Extra-Ordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC) and declared support for Niger state governor, Abubakar Sani-Bello as the new national chairman of the party who will preside over the convention.
However, after the rejection of Bello’s letter by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) saying only Buni and the National Secretary, John Akpanudoedehe that can write to the commission, President Buhari waded in and asked the governors to allow Buni preside over the convention.
Speaking in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the president did the right thing by reinstating Buni, based on the booby traps set for the APC by INEC.
He said “I think President Buhari reinstated Buni again and asked that the governors and other stakeholders should cooperate with him because of the trap that INEC was setting for APC. INEC was setting a trap to say that the convention was conducted by people who did not get 21 days notice of that election. If they have to follow the 21 days notice, then the convention will have to be postponed again”.
“So, I think the president was being pragmatic to say ‘let us allow Buni to conduct the convention. It is like when you have a bull in a China shop, you then say let us guide him and lead him out quietly in order to make sure that it doesn’t destroy anything. Buni just have 24 hours to go and we forget about him”.
“I think the president is just saying ‘let’s tolerate him but firmly ensure that he doesn’t play more games by postponing the convention again. I think given the circumstances, that was the right step to take. Otherwise, a lot of enemies of the party are waiting for the slightest slip to eliminate the party from contesting in 2023”.
“It is a very unfortunate phenomenon which the judiciary has encouraged, thereby progressively destroying our democratic culture” he said.

https://independent.ng/why-buhari-allowed-buni-to-preside-over-national-convention-sagay/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Xscape1993(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
Their own personal business. APC is not a political party.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Cajal(m): 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Xscape1993:
But a MOVEMENT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Truthisunique3: 4:06pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kpomo lips your opinion doesn't matter

Tomorrow buni would end his glorious tenure and adamu would continue from where he stopped

I no wan hear wailing tomorrow grin grin that adamu have hijacked the party again

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Fahdiga(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Xscape1993:
Rather a conglomerate of thieves and political bandits

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
Xscape1993:
[/s]
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
Cajal:

But a MOVEMENT
[/s]
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
[s]
Fahdiga:
[/s]
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Truthisunique3: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
[s][/s]
we are waiting for drug Lord to give us the Apc chairman he promised sani musa

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Frigga13: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2022
Sagay and assumption

I think’ I think’

Stop thinking ..

As a special adviser.. go and ask the president and not thinking on what is another humans mind ..

Gibberish
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Cantonese: 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
“ Speaking in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the president did the right thing by reinstating Buni, based on the booby traps set for the APC by INEC”. How? How?

INEC goes by the Consitution. APC leaders and their lawyers know what the law says. They tried to subvert it and turned around to say INEC set a trap.

No be only trap, na kpakute.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Xscape1993(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
Fahdiga:
You are a true Nigerian dear.
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Racoon(m): 4:39pm On Mar 25, 2022
The same INEC that even helped to whipped the APC into line as regards the more lawless it was hoping to enthrone as regards this rancorous convention tomorrow? This Sagay is really a stupid man not befitting of any advisory role
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by yyba: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2022
Xscape1993:
that is why no easterner is qualified to be their presidential candidate
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by nairavsdollars(f): 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
Prof. recently said Buni will not preside over the convention
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Putindbutt: 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2022
From 6 months to 2 years. Buhari is damn slow, this would never have happened with Obj.
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by limeta(f): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2022
Put the broom aside
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by mrvitalis(m): 7:12pm On Mar 25, 2022
This one still don't understand the game there is nothing buni did that Buhari was not aware of from the beginning
Bello was just used to test the mood of the party members ,same with el rufai to infiltrate and know where everyone stands so they won't be surprised on the say of the conversation
Then the machinery was put in motion to wipe everyone back into place ...all of them are corrupt and their file is with north
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by nairavsdollars(f): 7:27am On Mar 26, 2022
Buhari will be choked today
mrvitalis:
This one still
don't understand the game there is nothing buni did that Buhari was not aware of from the beginning
Bello was just used to test the mood of the party members ,same with el rufai to infiltrate and know where everyone stands so they won't be surprised on the say of the conversation
Then the machinery was put in motion to wipe everyone back into place ...all of them are corrupt and their file is with north
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by ChoCho54(f): 7:36am On Mar 26, 2022
Cantonese:
“ Speaking in a chat with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay said the president did the right thing by reinstating Buni, based on the booby traps set for the APC by INEC”. How? How?

INEC goes by the Consitution. APC leaders and their lawyers know what the law says. They tried to subvert it and turned around to say INEC set a trap.

No be only trap, na kpakute.
It's "pakute" by the way.
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by ChoCho54(f): 7:37am On Mar 26, 2022
More stories would emerge after they use bottles on the heads today.
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Pakute: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
It's "pakute" by the way.
How may I help you?
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by ChoCho54(f): 10:09am On Mar 26, 2022
Pakute:

How may I help you?
Pele jareh!
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Pakute: 10:30am On Mar 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
Pele jareh!
Pele for what? sho wa ok sha? who's this?
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by ChoCho54(f): 10:38am On Mar 26, 2022
Pakute:

Pele for what? sho wa ok sha?
who's this?
I'm your nemesis. The one who makes you weep silently every night.
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Pakute: 10:46am On Mar 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
I'm your nemesis. The one who makes you weep silently every night.
OMG! werey wo leleyi?
what's your main account?
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by ChoCho54(f): 10:47am On Mar 26, 2022
Pakute:

OMG! werey wo leleyi?
what's your alternate account?
Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by Pakute: 10:57am On Mar 26, 2022
ChoCho54:
Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute Pakute
Look at how you screaming my name, dem bite you?
I'll try & find you out, whoever you are.
Re: Why Buhari Allowed Buni To Preside Over National Convention – Sagay by ChoCho54(f): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2022
Pakute:

Look at how you screaming my name, dem bite you?
I'll try & find you out, whoever you are.
Because you are jobless. Blame buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Disobeys Sit At Home In Ebonyi As He Lands. / Tinubu Is A Demented Egomaniac That Refers Himself As 'Lagos' - David Hundeyin. / Farooq Kperogi: If Lawan Is Picked By APC, Peter Obi Will Become President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.