Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? (648 Views)

Top 5 Best Stadiums In Ghana 2022 Ft Baba Yara Stadium / Ghana Vs Nigeria: 2022 World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 25th March 2022 / AFCON 2021: Ghana Vs Comoros (2 - 3) On 18th January 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:01pm On Mar 25, 2022
In a few hours' time, the Black Stars of Ghana and the Super Eagles of Nigeria would square up in what has been termed the West African derby. Both countries are looking to compensate their fans with a ticket to Qatar for their shoddy appearance at the just concluded African Cup of Nations that held in Cameroon.

While a match between both countries always made for great talks, this year, much of the talk is about the Baba Yara Stadium, a stadium which the Ghanaians believe bring good luck to the Black Stars. To the rest of the continent, this stadium is viewed differently, and for good reasons too.

The Black Stars have posted impressive results at this stadium, including a 6-1 whitewashing of Egypt, a 7-1 pounding of Lesotho, and most recently, in 2017, a 5-0 thrashing of Ethiopia. Owing to these outstanding results, this stadium is now regarded as a slaughterhouse.

But is this stadium truly dreadful, or just simply overrated?

Aside Egypt, Ghana have posted impressive results only against small African teams. Even though Ethiopia cannot be considered a small footballing country, nonetheless, it wouldn't count as a big boy on the African continent.

It is also important to input that the current Ghanaian squad is a far cry from the Ghanaian team that destroyed Egypt, and thrashed Lesotho and Ethiopia. It is also important to note that the thrashing of Egypt happened in 2014, almost a decade ago, and there is no guarantee that the Baba Yara stadium will bring that much good luck should Ghana host Egypt again.

Whenever the dreadfulness of the Baba Yara Stadium is mentioned, references are made only to the Lesotho (2012), Egypt (2014), and Ethiopia (2017) matches. For a stadium that claims to be dreadful, this is not an impressive resume, in my opinion.

So, my verdict is that the Baba Yara Stadium is not dreadful, or that its reputation cannot be considered apt. Ghana needs to post more impressive results for me to accept that this stadium is truly a slaughterhouse.

Re: Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by dawnomike(m): 7:04pm On Mar 25, 2022
It all bores doen to mindset
Re: Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:11pm On Mar 25, 2022
dawnomike:
It all bores doen to mindset

That is quite true.

The mind is very powerful.

The Super Eagles must go to that stadium, and not be intimidated.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by allen113: 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2022
Why was 11 mins added to Cameroon vs Algeria match? undecided
Re: Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by Padipadi: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2022
My only fear is Eguavoen. I think Rohr was slightly better than him.
Our best home based coach (Keshi) don die

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by Neo2011: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2022
Our coaches are actually our weakest link
Re: Ghana Vs. Nigeria: The Baba Yara Stadium - Dangerous Or Purely Overrated? by ABIODUN105(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2022
Ghana face Egypt in Baba yara Stadium in 2017 it ended 1-1

(1) (Reply)

My Combination Ticket Winnings / “I Will Take The Blame For Caniggia’s Goal”- Eguavoen Recalls Super Eagles Loss / Chelsea Aubameyang Deal Confirmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.