Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,030 members, 7,818,041 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Heaven Is Real - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Heaven Is Real (150 Views)

Why Heaven Is No Longer My Target / What Is That Experience That Made You Feel/believe That Juju Is Real? / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Heaven Is Real by Btruth: 7:14am On Mar 26, 2022
Heaven Is Real

Sat, 26 Mar 2022

‘Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ Revelation 21:5

John the Revelator wrote: ‘I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of Heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is… among the people, and He will dwell with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”’ (Revelation 21:2–5 NIV)

When an atheist died and his friends filed by his casket, one of them remarked, ‘How sad—all dressed up and nowhere to go!’ Not so for the believer! As a redeemed child of God, you’re assured of a home in Heaven and citizenship in ‘the new Jerusalem’.

John continues, ‘The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city.’ (Revelation 21:15 NIV) The city is an exact square of about 2200 km (Revelation 21:16). It would stretch from Cairns to Melbourne or from Adelaide to Perth. It’s approximately 63% of the size of Australia. And that’s just the ground floor! It’s as tall as it is wide; six hundred thousand storeys high—more than enough room for billions of people to come and go. So here is the question: when you die, will you go to Heaven? To be sure, click here.
Re: Heaven Is Real by budaatum: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
When an atheist died and his friends filed by his casket, one of them remarked, ‘How sad—all dressed up and nowhere to go!’.

This is not exactly true now, is it.

The truth is, we will dig a hole in the ground and the atheist will go in there while we cover the hole, and in due time the worms will feed on the casket and the atheist and the atheist clothes so that the atheist returns to the dust from which it came.

Lucky believers though, for while we will dig a hole for them too and put them in a casket and bury them in a hole too, their dead body will supposedly be taken out of the casket I presume, and they will go to the heaven that believers believe they would go to.

There is one slight flaw here however. Go to a mortuary and see the dead bones of believers and atheists there after worms have had their fill. But I guess that's only because the believers bones are not needed in heaven.

That said. Why am I reminded of a [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2018%3A9-14&version=NIV]parable of a certain tax collector[/url], I wonder.

(1) (Reply)

Is Life Worth Living? / Promise For The Week / The Great Turn Around Is Here Again… Do Not Miss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.