Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? (429 Views)

Anambra Community Ravaged By Erosion Cries Out For Govt Intervention / Oshiomhole To NLC: Insist On N35,000 For Workers Or No Christmas For Govt, Emplo / You Can’t Wait For Govt To Do Everything, Remi Tinubu Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Petenoir(m): 7:59am On Mar 26, 2022
I don't know if it's a crime or taboo or it is forbidden by the constitution for our government to either build, own, maintain or operate a refinery.
With the volume of crude oil at our disposal and the dependency on fuel by the citizens is it not common sense for a refinery to build to take care of the need of the people just like building fertilizer plants for farmers? What do I even know...
I don tire..
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by rickpat(m): 8:03am On Mar 26, 2022
it's a crime in NIGERIA...the importers of petroleum products are the leaders...it's a crime cus they can't lose their billions they make
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by chatinent: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2022
Nigeria na country? Abeg, stop that allegation. Nigeria na international village!
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Gentlerespect76: 8:06am On Mar 26, 2022
Check out the Gulf countries, they are reaping a windfall off this Russia-Ukrainean crisis because they have 101% functional refineries. What the Nigerian situation shows is that we are bereft of true leadership; this is also responsible for the comatose state of things beyond the oil sector. Let me also say that it has a nexus with the disdain of the green passport globally.

1 Like

Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by BigRocky: 8:07am On Mar 26, 2022
Me self dun think am tire

Dem swear for us abeg
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Codeye(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2022
In Nigeria and in this generation Yes! We can change that tho.
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by donbachi(m): 8:16am On Mar 26, 2022
Dont mind them...fg bought 20% stake in dangote refinery for over $20billion...same amount other countries go use build 2.
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by egbeocha(m): 8:46am On Mar 26, 2022
Are u jst waking up bro? We are curse from onset. Even a primary school boy in naija knows how to tackle the issue.
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Unigrad: 8:55am On Mar 26, 2022
Petenoir:
I don't know if it's a crime or taboo or it is forbidden by the constitution for our government to either build, own, maintain or operate a refinery.
With the volume of crude oil at our disposal and the dependency on fuel by the citizens is it not common sense for a refinery to build to take care of the need of the people just like building fertilizer plants for farmers? What do I even know...
I don tire..
Before Buhari became the president, he promised he will build one refinery every year.
This is almost 7years of his government, we have not seen a single refinery built. Even the existing ones are not functional but they are consuming the country billions of Naira without producing a litre of petroleum products.
It well.
It's never a crime for the government to build refinery.

2 Likes

Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Christistruth02: 9:01am On Mar 26, 2022
Petenoir:
I don tire..

US has over 60 Refineries

Nigeria is supposed to have at least 10 Woking Refineries
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by SmartPolician: 9:25am On Mar 26, 2022
That's why we need Peter Obi to fix this mess. These people are so used to stealing from the masses that one wonders if they even have conscience at all. But then, it appears that Nigerians like suffering and smiling. So, nobody should complain.

1 Like

Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Cardealer2021(m): 9:28am On Mar 26, 2022
SmartPolician:
That's why we need Peter Obi to fix this mess. These people are so used to stealing from the masses that one wonders if they even have conscience at all. But then, it appears that Nigerians like suffering and smiling. So, nobody should complain.
Same Peter obi that couldn't fix anambra undecided
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by SmartPolician: 9:30am On Mar 26, 2022
Cardealer2021:

Same Peter obi that couldn't fix anambra undecided

You know zilch about Anambra State!
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Cardealer2021(m): 9:35am On Mar 26, 2022
SmartPolician:

You know zilch about Anambra State!
I agree I know nothing about anambra state undecided
But his achievement should have been more audible.
Unlike tinibu (not his fan and definitely not getting my vote) whose achievement is very visible in Lagos
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by nathyx(m): 9:40am On Mar 26, 2022
Pheww it took Nigeria almost 60, 62 years to discover they can refine their own oil right here in country. How many more years will it take for them to realize the huge mineral deposits laying idle in different parts of the country can be harnessed by putting the right structures in place undecided
Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by Boogyman557: 9:48am On Mar 26, 2022
Holly Gram cool My BLODA as u SEE me So, I don STOP to de REASON anything wey CONCERN dis useless CUNTREE a Long time!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Is it A Crime For Govt To Build Or Own A Refinery? by nzeobi(m): 10:23am On Mar 26, 2022
We don't have visionary leaders if not all Niger delta States should have built modular refineries since it will generate more revenue than airport, flyovers and football stadiums that they're building.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Need More President Like Buhari In The Next 16 Years / Unknown Gunmen Attack Imo Commissioner’s House / PHCN turn on the lights for God sake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.