Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,860 members, 7,866,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Hidden Facts Nigerians Don't Know About Affiliate Marketing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hidden Facts Nigerians Don't Know About Affiliate Marketing (239 Views)

The Proven Business Most Nigerians Don't Know About / What Many Don't Know About Innoson Group / The Truth About Money Rituals, What People Don't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hidden Facts Nigerians Don't Know About Affiliate Marketing by AKINOLA1000(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2022
HIDDEN FACTS NIGERIANS DON'T KNOW ABOUT AFFILIATE MARKETING

Earlier this year, I wrote a short Ebook on this but I noticed there are still a lot of misconceptions out there.

Affiliate Marketing is simply combination of two words “Affiliate and Marketing”

What is Affiliate?

A person or organization officially attached to a larger body. If you remember those days when we registered for JAMB, you tend to see some schools that are affiliated to another school, for example, YABATECH, where I finished from is affiliated to University of Nigeria Nsukka, this makes some students study some courses by Nsukka in Yabatech.

With that being said

Then What is Marketing?

The action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.

So Affiliate marketing can be said to be a process of selling a product or a service on someone’s behalf, you know we said an Affiliate is someone attached to a larger body.

A Typical Example of this is when you visit popular markets in Lagos like Yaba or Computer Village then you meet guys along the road asking for what you want to buy, telling you they have good offers for you and etc, then they take you to a shop (attached to a larger body) and if you successfully make a purchase, a bit of commission goes into the hand of these guys, simple as that, the guy doesn't need a shop, doesn't need to pay bills, buy products and all, his only job is to bring in people interested and can afford a product.

The same thing applies to when you're looking a house in Lagos, then you meet with a House Agent, the agent doesn't own a house the main work they do is to look for people that want to rent an apartment and then take them to the landlord or lawyer or caretaker in charge of the house (don't forget, attached to a larger body), then upon successful payment of rent and other charges, the House Agent gets a cool commission for that.

That’s just simply how affiliate marketing works, this business model has been around for years, but as you know that the world is evolving and fresh ideas are springing up, Affiliate Marketing can now be done online, but if you want to get started with doing affiliate marketing online, you need to be careful not to fall into the wrong hands and not to sell substandard products on behalf of a larger body, this can really cause issues for you.

As I'm writing this, I remembered the story of a young guy I discovered recently, a fresh graduate of the University of Ibadan, his name is Tamilore Adewuyi, while this guy was in 300 level in school, made about 200k every month with affiliate marketing, What was he doing?
He was simply selling people’s product on their behalf, several things like, Tye and Dye shirt, Slides and etc, he was more focused on the tye because he gets a commission of 1000 per sale, most times he sells about 150 pieces of the shirt every month

I think I need to stop here but attach a link below to watch the most recent interview (just 2 weeks ago) with the guy

Click link below

https://supereasyincome.com.ng/watchtamilorevideo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Collecting A Loan And Not Paying Back Is Evil. Let's Stop Supporting It / How I Make 200k/week Using My Smartphone. / Buying And Selling That Generates Instant Profit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.