Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? (527 Views)

The Importance Of Healthy Eating And Regular Exercise / Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / 6 Deadly Reasons You Must Do Away With Regular Intake Of Junk Foods. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Sanmel(f): 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
Before I started exercising, I used to have a near flat tummy but to my greatest surprise my abdomen started protruding following my keep fit routine.

It seems exercise is counterproductive for some people or is it just me?

It's really worrisome embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by EasternActivist: 12:43pm On Mar 26, 2022
Keep fit routine for how long...

If you're taking more calories than you burn even when exercising then it's counterproductive.

Try burn more calories, nothing mysterious
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by dawnomike(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sanmel:
Before I started exercising, I used to have a near flat tummy but to my greatest surprise my abdomen started protruding following my keep fit routine.

It seems exercise is counterproductive for some people or is it just me?

It's really worrisome embarassed embarassed
What type of keep fit routine do you engage in?
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Sanmel(f): 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2022
dawnomike:
What type of keep fit routine do you engage in?
With the aid of Roberta's gym on YouTube, I do the following almost everyday;

Leg drops
Reverse crunches
Knee tuck crunch
Russian twist
Heel touch
Single leg jacknife
Plank
Thigh lifts
Donkey kicks
Bridge
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by dawnomike(m): 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sanmel:
With the aid of Roberta's gym on YouTube, I do the following almost everyday;

Leg drops
Reverse crunches
Knee tuck crunch
Russian twist
Heel touch
Single leg jacknife
Plank
Thigh lifts
Donkey kicks
Bridge
If you do all these and your tummy refuses to give in... Then, my sister in da Lord; maybe flat tummy is not your portion grin

Just kidding with the above statement... Keep at it, the results will start to show with time. It has to do with your body type.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Sanmel(f): 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2022
dawnomike:
If you do all these and your tummy refuses to give in... Then, my sister in da Lord; maybe flat tummy is not your portion grin

Just kidding with the above statement... Keep at it, the results will start to show with time. It has to do with your body type.

Ok o.. I'll give it some time but if it fails, I'd stop exercising..
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2022
Before you begin any exercise regimen, you must know the reason why you are indulging in it in the first place.
Is it for any of the below?

- Fat loss
- Muscle gain
- Strength
- Fitness
- Aesthetics/Physique

With this in place,then you will know how to train. The frequency or volume of each exercise.
You must also know the base factor for any reason at all one wishes to engage in exercise is DIET. That is a very important component. No matter how you exercise,if you eat junks,the desired effect is almost invisible.

When exercising always make sure to take proper form(position) with your belly sucked in. This is very important.

Consistency,persistence,hardwork, determination are very key if one is to achieve much in exercise regimens. Fitness is never a sprint but an endless marathon. It is a lifestyle. angry

1 Like

Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by dawnomike(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2022
Sanmel:

Ok o.. I'll give it some time but if it fails, I'd stop exercising..
You do not have to give up on your exercises... Remember, there are other benefits to all you are doing other than having a flat belly. Focus on the other benefits.

I remember when i started working out to gain muscle mass, even my immediate family members would laff at me that I was just punishing myself.

Years later, it all began to show
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Sanmel(f): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2022
dawnomike:
You do not have to give up on your exercises... Remember, there are other benefits to all you are doing other than having a flat belly. Focus on the other benefits.

I remember when i started working out to gain muscle mass, even my immediate family members would laff at me that I was just punishing myself.

Years later, it all began to show
Hian!! Years later ke.. Ok o..
Thank you for the advice and encouragement anyway..
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Sanmel(f): 8:17pm On Mar 26, 2022
LIVINGICON:
Before you begin any exercise regimen, you must know the reason why you are indulging in it in the first place.
Is it for any of the below?

- Fat loss
- Muscle gain
- Strength
- Fitness
- Aesthetics/Physique

With this in place,then you will know how to train. The frequency or volume of each exercise.
You must also know the base factor for any reason at all one wishes to engage in exercise is DIET. That is a very important component. No matter how you exercise,if you eat junks,the desired effect is almost invisible.

When exercising always make sure to take proper form(position) with your belly sucked in. This is very important.

Consistency,persistence,hardwork, determination are very key if one is to achieve much in exercise regimens. Fitness is never a sprint but an endless marathon. It is a lifestyle. angry

Wow! Thank you.. Even though I've a kinda bad habit with food.. I love chocolates and I eat food a lot..
I used to believe in the nonsense saying "instead make food waste, make belle burst", that has changed now..
Henceforth, my belle no be dustbin abeg..
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 27, 2022
Sanmel:

Wow! Thank you.. Even though I've a kinda bad habit with food.. I love chocolates and I eat food a lot..
I used to believe in the nonsense saying "instead make food waste, make belle burst", that has changed now..
Henceforth, my belle no be dustbin abeg..

Hmm, you can indulge in chocolate but make it once in awhile and not a daily affair. In the fitness world, it is called cheat days. Cakes,pastries, biscuits,sweets, bread, carbonated (soda) drinks,energy drinks, alcohol are all to be reduced to the barest minimum. It is even better if they are totally eliminated from ones diet. grin Always watch your portion size, most especially if you are less active person like the "sit in the office" kind. You don't need to heap your plate full before you are fine.

No Pain
No Gain
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Pammylove8: 10:31am On Apr 01, 2022
For weight loss and belly Fat, know that the food we eat is a major cause . and what Is inducing the fats , some may be through pregnancy ,high calories food , health related issues too.
Come to my DM , I got a special diet book with specifically Nigeria food on how to burn fat and belly fat https:///message/F3UG5JHEDYCYC1
Re: Who Else Experiences This With Regular Exercise??? by Pammylove8: 10:54am On Apr 01, 2022
You Have to know what is the cause of your fat. And the major cause is to watch what you eat, exercise alone can't do the job . knowing where and how Fat accumulates in your body will give you an what to work on.
I have got a free video on special nigeria diet ,that will help. If you are interested DM
https:///message/F3UG5JHEDYCYC1

(1) (Reply)

Please My Husband Needs Help With His Health. / Urgent Help With Lice Infestation / Massive Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.