Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

If You Could Tell Your Younger Self One Thing, What Would It Be And Why? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Could Tell Your Younger Self One Thing, What Would It Be And Why? (124 Views)

One Thing You Always Manage To Buy No Matter How Broke You Are? / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do Perfectly Well / Mention One Thing Nobody Taught You How To Do But You Can Do It Very Well?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Could Tell Your Younger Self One Thing, What Would It Be And Why? by Kingdelexy: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
1. My younger self, you don't owe anybody anything, and neither does the world owe you anything. What you can get from the world solely depends on how badly you want it, how fast you want it, and how much you're willing to sacrifice to get it.

2. My younger self, you're all grown up now, which means you own your responsibilities and choices. If you let other people make choices for you, remember that you're also giving them the right to control your life.

3.My younger self, don't get angry or frustrated when things don't work out as expected. Instead, be glad they didn't and remember—the best way is not necessarily your way.

4.My younger self, open your eyes and keep them wide open. Never slumber nor slacken, nor change focus. Remember, light beams passed through a convex lens can light a fire because the lens focuses the light to one spot.

5.My younger self, know that challenges and failures are necessary components of success. When things get hard, that’s not always a sign that you’re doing something wrong, it’s often a sign that you’re onto something big and important, because those hard times are what shape you into the person you’re meant to be.

6.My younger self, know that there are two things you should never have to chase—true friends and true love. People make time for people they want to make time for. People text and reply to people they want to talk to. People make friends to people they want to make friends with.

7. My younger self, when someone tells you that they’re busy continuously, believe them. Don’t try to convince them otherwise. Don’t try to force them to make time for you. If they want to they will.

8.My younger self, I know it hurts, but you can’t force someone to have feelings for you. Forced love is counterintuitive. Let things happen naturally. That should teach you one of the most important lessons in life—everyone has a mind of their own, and you can lead a horse to the water, but you can't force it to drink.

9.My younger self, you shouldn’t have to beg someone to love you. You shouldn’t have to beg someone to care. You shouldn’t have to beg someone to try. You shouldn’t have to beg someone to talk to you.

10. My younger self, know that you shouldn’t have to beg someone to put you first. If they wanted to, they would. Don’t make people a priority in your life when all you are to them is an option.

11.My younger self, if you don’t first learn and understand money, money will control you for the rest of your life. Know that money has it’s own rules. The first and most important rule says that money respects those who respect it. The second rule says that if you don’t create a system to make money work for you while you sleep, you’ll work for money until you die. The third rule is like the first and second. If you don’t control money, money will become your master, and you’ll become it’s servant.

Thanks for reading

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Affairs / Bbmzansi 2022: Top 5 Housemates Appreciation Video And Task Full Video / What Topic Or Idea Fascinated You This Past Week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.